Is anyone else heart sick over the latest news of his arrest? We are all watching this young and talented Canadian fall and I find it so sad and heartbreaking.

I am wondering why his family isn't bringing him home or doing something drastic to stop the insanity that has now become his life.

I believe he is surrounded by leeches, ner do wells and those who are fame hounds and are on a path to no good and he is following their leads. What ever the reasons for his actions I do hope someone will step in and help.

• Like 4

Guest c**io**m7

If history in Hollywood has taught us one thing, it should be that child stars require protection...the list is so long...Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Drew Barrymore, Lil Wayne etc...etc...etc...

Where are mom and dad? Only speculation here but...maybe enjoying the cash and forgetting the child? Who knows??

Sad? Yes. A reality? Yes. Preventable? Hell yes.

Unfortunately, Bieber is heading toward a downward spiral and without some type of intervention he will continue to do so. While there has been quite the backlash against him on social media, I feel sorry for him to an extent. After all, who among us hasn't done something wild and crazy that we regret during our teenage years? The problem with Bieber is that his celebrity and subsequent power has exacerbated the situation to the extreme. To put it in perspective, imagine that when we were 19, we were international superstars with a net worth of 130 million dollars, with a bunch of unsavory hangers on, enablers and yes people telling us what we want to hear... see how normal we act...

No one is willing to step up to the plate and say "No" to Justin. It's no wonder he thinks he's invincible. Then you have a situation like the other day, where a car rental company gave him a free Lamborghini to drive around in, with his 38 year old father helping to block off the road so his son could drag race... and well, what did you expect?

I'd say the first step would be for his parents to get their act together, team up with his manager and perhaps someone like Usher and stage an intervention. It's unfortunate that Bieber became famous at such a young age, since by virtue of that fact, he just didn't have the emotional maturity to handle it.

• Like 1

this arrest is possibly the best that could happen to him .tmz reported that it was justins mother that was giving him perscription drugs . if what else i read was correct his father didnt come into his life until the fame came .

yeas at 19 your parents are not the most influential people in your life , but there was all the years before that the help develope you into the person you are to become

• Like 2

Sadly history repeats itself.

What comes to mind is Leif Garrett, the teen heart-throb of the late 70s who ended up broke and addicted to heroin.

leifgarrett-b4-after.jpg

I really hope Bieber's family do something because it won't end well.

Interestingly, I just came across this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/leif-garrett-justin-bieber_n_3784724.html

• Like 2

If he doesn't find his way soon then he may end up dead due to a high speed joy ride, or an accidental drug overdose combined with alcohol! It is amazing in our world that someone so young can be so rich and do nothing with his money and fame but be destructive when so many are starving and suffering in the world. It is almost like we need a law that protects young performers from themselves where the millions they make is put into a trust fund of some sort that they can't touch until they are 35 years old.

• Like 1

I agree with RG on this one.....sick of the kid. This happens often with rich kids, always has and always will.

On a lighter side....please don't deport him back to Canada..haha

1545993_10152812526309237_2037566162_n.jpg

Twins right.......lol

• Like 5

Guest *l**e

here's 2 more cents no one will like...first, as a singer??? are you kidding?? He can't sing...at all...it's horrific.

Beyond that, I think most people are being sucked in. I think this is al a pre-packaged media ploy.

wholesome buy becomes bad boy (will increase popularity via sympathy and even via attraction of new fans who used to think he was too goody) and then becomes reformed boy (everyone loves a comeback)

He has been a formatted, structured product since the beginning...not a boy, a singer or a performer...just a product. Where are hi parents?? cashing in? Where are his handlers?? creating all this.

It's a scam...that's all.

I agree with all the sentiments but we should remember this is a kid that comes from a humble background that shot to fame and has surrounded himself with the wrong people, imo and who knows, he may be the type that is strongly influenced by those he associates with. If you don't have a lot of love and direction in your life you are not going to go in the right direction. You'll do what you can for attention and to impress those you are around. I just hope he gets help, I've never understood drugs nor the desire to do them, perhaps those are a big reason he is acting as he is.

I am a kind of " to each their own" guy... i don't particularly appreciate Bieber's music but I appreciate that he is a very talented young man.

Unfortunately I don't think being talented is an excuse for being an ass and unfortunately that is how he is acting. I understand that he is young and just like when we were young we did silly things... luckily for us we were just not followed all day by cameras.

For me I would just like the media to stop reporting on all the foolishness. I hope he grows up and settles down and uses his talents to have a great career.

• Like 1

Yeah... like others I'm pretty sick of Justin Bieber the meme/image/celebrity. But I withhold my judgement on Justin Bieber the person.

Poor guy got waaay too much fame, money, and (thanks to those) power at too young an age. For most of us, occasionally hitting limits and facing consequences teaches us a healthy degree of humility. Then we grow in character by doing the work required to overcome those limits. Power earned is more often power employed responsibly. But when Justin Bieber hits a limit that somehow didn't bow and scrape out of the way before he even reached it, he can usually just throw some of his money or celebrity at it and it goes away. He never learns.

Justin Bieber did earn his fame and money by using his talent (whatever you think of it... it worked). But I can't imagine anyone in their teens being ready to deal with the power and freedom that came with them. Surrounded for years by enablers and fawning sycophants, he's got every reason to think he's the master of every situation he gets into, and all rules will bend to accommodate him.

I agree with others who think his arrest is a good thing. Maybe it'll just bounce off him; maybe he'll be contrite for a brief period and then return to who he was a week ago. Or maybe it'll take hold and actually penetrate his celebrity aura, and impact on whatever is left of his original person.

Guess we'll see.

• Like 3

Whether it's a personal failing on his part, society, his parents, or his handlers, it's a sad situation and a waste.

I'm somewhat with those who are tired of how much attention the story gets. It seems a little messed up that you've one news organization interrupting a congresswoman mid-sentence to report "the breaking news" and then you've got CNN which has devoted more hours and space to this than any natural disaster, political turmoil, or humanitarian crisis going on.

But then again, I suppose I'm in no place to talk. After all, I avidly read through this thread interested in people's opinions and have watched the very news reports I'm complaining about. We as a society really have a weird, weird relationship with our celebrities and I'm not immune!

Anyway, I'm not crazy about Bieber as a person, but nevertheless, here's hoping he either finds the help or maturity he needs to get into a better situation.

• Like 1

Hard to know if the problem is him, his entourage, his family, etc

However, i don't have that much sympathy for people who screw up because they have too much( money, fame or power) and ends up on drugs and doing stupid things. Or for those who don't face the consequences. A non celebrity from a poor part of town with abusive parents that did what he did (vandalism, racing under influence) would be sent to jail without question. Even if Justin have "good" reasons to act this way, i don't get why celebrities get to have favor treatments. (well the money they make for the country obviously, but it shouldn't be that way)

I think there is a lot of people and situation where people have it much worst and would need more our sympathy and help. People that actually want to be helped and are trying to get better. (i.e. people fighting deseases, depression or those stuck in countries at war)

• Like 3

Most times, whenever a child becomes a star, they stop being a child in the eyes of their parents and become a golden goose instead; a revenue stream to be managed. Most adults aren't capable of handling that kind of fame and celebrity, let alone a teenager, and when his parents decided he was a cash cow and no longer their son, his story was destined for a tragic ending (which I don't think we'll see quite yet). I'm not absolving him of responsibility, but his negligent, greedy parents are just as guilty.

• Like 2

To me he's just a spoiled little rich kid.

^This x 1000!

To anyone who feels sorry for him...what if he had killed someone while drunk and drag racing?

What if he killed YOUR kid?

Would you still feel sorry for him?

I'd love to see him do jail time but he has way too much money, as usual, he will face zero consequences for this. His brain dead fans are probably taking up collections to help him out.

• Like 1

^This x 1000!

To anyone who feels sorry for him...what if he had killed someone while drunk and drag racing?

I'd love to see him do jail time but he has way too much money, as usual, he will face zero consequences for this. His brain dead fans are probably taking up collections to help him out.

"his brain dead fans"- a pretty judgemental broad statement as I'm sure many of his fans are intelligent, normal people that simply appreciate his talent, which in light of his asinine behavior, he does have. And yes I would still feel sorry for him. Those who cause tragedies whilst engaging in stupid behavior are still in need of help, they are still human beings , and are still worth saving. If he had hurt or killed someone that would have been awful and something he'd have to live with forever, that in itself is punishment. Fame+youth+money+idiot friends+useless parents-if they are = a troubled, mixed up, kid with no direction and YES in need of help, not condemnation!

It's always easier to write someone off when they "fuck up" time after time instead of trying to understand why and offer help or a solution.

• Like 1

If he had killed someone, I would be the first one in line demanding he spend the rest of his life in a cage. I am one hundred percent in agreement that he should be punished for his recent stupidity as well as the fact that his fame and fortune will probably protect him and he'll only get a slap on the wrist as a result (which will embolden him further). But while I can't speak for others, the tragedy as I see it is that Bieber, like so many other child stars, has been treated as an object by the people who should have been responsible for raising him. Who knows, he could have been just as screwed up if his parents had actually done their job and protected and nurtured him, but he (and many other child stars) was never given that chance. The rest of us have parents that would have kicked our posteriors when we did something stupid; he has enablers who approve of everything he does while they wait to cash the next cheque he brings in. This is hardly a new story and we all know how it ends. Like I said in my previous post, I'm not absolving him of any responsibility-in the end he is his own man-but despite all the fame and wealth he has enjoyed, he never had the advantage of a well adjusted childhood that many of the rest of us did.

^This x 1000!

Cristy, I truly admire your ability to want to see this kid, well really adult, he's 19 now, get help and turn his life around

But the key for anyone getting help, he must first want to get help to begin with. But I guess it's true, you need to hit rock bottom before you can get help and turn your life around.

Any normal person who gets arrested, cuffs put on him and is booked wouldn't treat it as the highlight of their day. Look at Bieber's mugshot, do you think he sees his arrest as hitting rock bottom and he'll turn his life around or do you think he's enjoying his time at the police station...and sees it as an "opportunity" to develop some sort of persona.

And for everyone's viewing pleasure (just kidding) Bieber's mugshot

Sorry for the other photo, only pic that would load

beibermugshotinset.jpg

RG

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid

I'm still trying to understand what his "talent" is? Besides making front page news.

I think Justin Bieber needs to be put under conservatorship so his life can be under control for the betterment. The problem is: who are willing to be his conservastors?

He has been acting like teenager at age of adult so that is why he has been in trouble with laws lately. Soon he will may be arrested with a felony charge which is serious.

Look at Britney Spears. Her life got in a real mess until her father and his lawyer took up conservatorship on her. Several years later, her life has been turned out to be real good as a better person.

• Like 2