NB posters? Where are you?

Well, this thread seems like a good place to stop my lurking and join in. :-)

I've been reading these forums off and on for a long time now, and I've learned much. I've yet to "take the plunge", but I think I'm getting closer. Being in Moncton, and rarely traveling, the opportunities seem to be less than other regions.

Anyway, I still have much to learn, and nervousness to overcome, but I'm glad for this resource!

Oh, don't let the username concern ya, I'm actually pretty normal...most days. ;-)

• Like 1

Well, this thread seems like a good place to stop my lurking and join in. :-)

I've been reading these forums off and on for a long time now, and I've learned much. I've yet to "take the plunge", but I think I'm getting closer. Being in Moncton, and rarely traveling, the opportunities seem to be less than other regions.

Anyway, I still have much to learn, and nervousness to overcome, but I'm glad for this resource!

Oh, don't let the username concern ya, I'm actually pretty normal...most days. ;-)

Ohhh, cool:) So happy you posted:)

Ya, uno what, no rush is needed. Explore, have some fun and get to know each other:) That is what it is all about!

Everyone here is friendly, and welcoming, so dive in:) This site gives all a great chance to learn from one another!

• Like 1

Ohhh, cool:) So happy you posted:)

Ya, uno what, no rush is needed. Explore, have some fun and get to know each other:) That is what it is all about!

Everyone here is friendly, and welcoming, so dive in:) This site gives all a great chance to learn from one another!

I know we newbies aren't supposed to post quick, "Thanks!" replies, but I'm doing it anyway: Thanks for the welcome and advice! Maybe in time I'll have some good things to contribute to the NB discussion. :)

Looking forward to talking with those whom I feel I already know from lurking so long..lol.

Where are you? Why is it, the only posts here are simply asking for info but with no other contributions? WE WANT to hear from you!!

You obviously have a screen name , you must have opinions?

I look at other cities, and see much being learned and taught!

yes I know we are small in population, but really, do you not have anything to say?

Chat about anything, we are listening and want to engage! The benefits of US providers as well as YOU! It is well worth it!

Talk to us, our community can only get better by hearing from you:)

Give it a try...what excites you? What is it that get's your goat? What have you learned by being a hobbyist? What concerns you?

You don't have to be a philosopher. but just be honest and respectful to others...

hope to see more posts in NB:) It will help me, and you to get to know each other!

Nice Post Sophie.

I agree that by sharing we can make this community better, so I will provide some of my observations

below and hopefully some of the SP's will find the information useful.

Have you ever hear the saying "variety is the spice of life" ?

That's is why I am a hobbyist (I can't do the same old stuff everyday)

For me Variety is not just about acquring the services of different SP's and

the various acts of enjoyment you will have during your escape.

But , what about

1) schedule-time of day ?

2) different hosting Location for traveling SP?

I guess most hobbyist would prefer to enjoy the services of a SP between the hours of 7pm and 2 am,

but others would prefer the hours between 8:30 am and 3pm.

Personally, they are days I awake with a hard problem and because there are limited SP providing services in the

mid morning schedule I am restless the entire day until I get an appointment at 3pm.

From my observation I noticed that in my city, majority of SP's tend to stay at a particular hotel. While

there may not be anything physically wrong with a particular hotel, that location may be a deterrent to a hobbyist who may be searching for somewhere a little bit more discrete.

So I am challenging the SP's to try out, what I talked above and see how that works for you.

Nice Post Sophie.

I agree that by sharing we can make this community better, so I will provide some of my observations

below and hopefully some of the SP's will find the information useful.

Have you ever hear the saying "variety is the spice of life" ?

That's is why I am a hobbyist (I can't do the same old stuff everyday)

For me Variety is not just about acquring the services of different SP's and

the various acts of enjoyment you will have during your escape.

But , what about

1) schedule-time of day ?

2) different hosting Location for traveling SP?

I guess most hobbyist would prefer to enjoy the services of a SP between the hours of 7pm and 2 am,

but others would prefer the hours between 8:30 am and 3pm.

Personally, they are days I awake with a hard problem and because there are limited SP providing services in the

mid morning schedule I am restless the entire day until I get an appointment at 3pm.

From my observation I noticed that in my city, majority of SP's tend to stay at a particular hotel. While

there may not be anything physically wrong with a particular hotel, that location may be a deterrent to a hobbyist who may be searching for somewhere a little bit more discrete.

So I am challenging the SP's to try out, what I talked above and see how that works for you.

In my experience, my busy time of day is between 11 am to 4 pm. Most men have difficulty getting out in the evening unnoticed. I am an early bird, I have a hard time staying awake past 10 pm, lol... Besides the choice of men is not always the best after 10 pm. I suppose that is what made me become a day time person:)

Outside of what's talked about here, I'm usually the most active early evening. But, like many men (I think??) I actually prefer early morning to early afternoon. Like you, Sophia, my brain starts to shut down around 10...well, the small fraction of grey matter that actually has any use, anyway.lol

Edited by *ar**d***
Silly typos
  • Like 1

Most men have difficulty getting out in the evening unnoticed. I am an early bird

Give me an early start to the day, any day. Whether for work or pleasure, I feel an early start puts one in a better frame of mind. :)

So...question: When on vacation in sunnier climes, do you folks stick to the resorts or get out and see the countryside (not meaning organised bus tours etc)?

Most men have difficulty getting out in the evening unnoticed. I am an early bird

Give me an early start to the day, any day. Whether for work or pleasure, I feel an early start puts one in a better frame of mind. :)

So...question: When on vacation in sunnier climes, do you folks stick to the resorts or get out and see the countryside (not meaning organised bus tours etc)?

I am hardly found ON my resorts, lol...I spend every other day out exploring. Usually I will ask my favorite bartender or waitress and ask them if they, or a friend would like to take me out and about for exploration. I find that is the best way. I am a free spirit and would not like a crowded tour bus. Of course showing my appreciation with a cash gift and offering them to bring their wife along and we all go eat.

Now in Cuba, I know the city of Varadero so well, I just go out. Even at the pool hall the bartender knows me now. Play pool, ping pong drink beer with the locals. I have made many friends there which always beckons me back year after year to see them:)

You're just way to adventurous and outgoing. lol.

I sure could use some of those warmer climates now. I'm finding it's been a long winter here in New Brunswick (which I thing was already griped about in this thread, but it's worthy of a another round.) ;)

• Like 1

So...I'm about to get my third coffee of the mornin' (and I doubt it will be my last). I just can't wake up!

I'm in one of those "restless-yet-too-tired-and-lazy-to-do-anything-about-it" moods. lol

How about everyone else in NB (or wherever)? What's your Sunday looking like?

So...I'm about to get my third coffee of the mornin' (and I doubt it will be my last). I just can't wake up!

I'm in one of those "restless-yet-too-tired-and-lazy-to-do-anything-about-it" moods. lol

How about everyone else in NB (or wherever)? What's your Sunday looking like?

I know the feeling!! Oddly enough I am working today, which is rare for me on a Sunday. All good tho:)

So, over the last week or so, I've looked over backpage for New Brunswick almost everyday. More or less finding my around this lifestyle rather than looking for my next meeting.

And I'm struck by a couple of things...

1) There seem to be a fair amount of obvious (even to a newbie) "huh?" advertisements that send up a red flag right away. Guess that's the nature.

2) For a provider-- even a long-time provider-- there's just gotta be, even a little, some nervousness over who will be calling next.

3) (1) and (2) together, for me, show the importance of a place like we have in CERB. A safety net of sorts.

With (3) said, I do wish some providers (as I'm sure providers wish hobbyists) would put a little more effort into participating on CERB. I can absolutely understand why they would not and won't fault anyone for that choice, but a guy can wish. :)

And on a lighter note, I've been spending way too much time here. Just sayin'. :)

• Like 1

So, over the last week or so, I've looked over backpage for New Brunswick almost everyday. More or less finding my around this lifestyle rather than looking for my next meeting.

And I'm struck by a couple of things...

1) There seem to be a fair amount of obvious (even to a newbie) "huh?" advertisements that send up a red flag right away. Guess that's the nature.

2) For a provider-- even a long-time provider-- there's just gotta be, even a little, some nervousness over who will be calling next.

3) (1) and (2) together, for me, show the importance of a place like we have in CERB. A safety net of sorts.

With (3) said, I do wish some providers (as I'm sure providers wish hobbyists) would put a little more effort into participating on CERB. I can absolutely understand why they would not and won't fault anyone for that choice, but a guy can wish. :)

And on a lighter note, I've been spending way too much time here. Just sayin'. :)

YES, CERB IS the new Facebook, lol....We have a "support group" in general discussions for this problem hahahha

• Like 1

YES, CERB IS the new Facebook, lol....We have a "support group" in general discussions for this problem hahahha

Well, I wasn't saying I have a problem, just that I spend way too much time here. LOL :p

(We can use this thread as a "general, random thought", right? 'cause I am. lol)

A far too early start to the day for me. Coffee is gonna be my best friend.

Hope everyone in NB has a great one! :)

(We can use this thread as a "general, random thought", right? 'cause I am. lol)

A far too early start to the day for me. Coffee is gonna be my best friend.

Hope everyone in NB has a great one! :)

Of course you can:) But here is good too:) This thread is for anything you wish to say on anything:)

• Like 1

I didn't have much to contribute on the boards today, but thought I'd pop in here for a sec. It was actually a day that I'm glad is coming to an end! We all gotta have 'em sometimes, I guess. ;)

Hope everyone had a good day, and here's hoping this freaking cold snap comes to end soon. Nasty power bills! Not unexpected, but..............

I agree - looking forward to the end of the bone chilling cold.

Too bad you didn't have a great day, but hey, tomorrow is always another opportunity for a GREAT day.

xoxo

• Like 1

I had no idea she was touring again. Cool. :)

And just looked at the forecast: +1 today. Speedo, here I come. LOL.

Meaghan, not sure about a GREAT day, but so far, so good. ;)

• Like 1