But what about the Soap?

Recently, I've had the pleasure of meeting several providers for first time. Lovely ladies in all respects. Beautiful, skilled in the art of love and sex and thoughtful.

It occurred to me as I showered before getting serious, that it was very thoughtful for this provider to supply body wash in addition to the hotel provided soap. It turned out to be the exact brand I use at home, so no chance of a stray perfume or scent that may require an explanation.

Then it hit me! :icon_eek: What if service providers who offer shower facilities and soap actually named names? Not client names, but product names. There are a few products just for men. Dove Men+ Care, Old Spice, Irish Spring to name a few. If I knew a provider carried a certain product, I might be inclined to purchase and use that product at home. Thereby reducing the chances of a mystery scent coming home to the SO.

Furthermore, if Providers noticed that more and more colleagues were using a specific brand, such as Dove Men+ Care, they might also stock the same; making it more attractive to those men who might care about what they bring home. More clients might also use the same brand as a result of what the market offers.

Open question to Hobbyists and Providers?

Fellow Hobbyists: Do you care what kind of body wash is available for before and after your play date? Is this a good idea? Would you buy a wash that matches what your favourite provider carries?

Cherished Providers: Does it matter enough to you to become brand specific? Or is the answer unscented washes? Can you even find unscented body wash? Is this a good idea or more trouble than it's worth?

PS... speaking just for myself... Please no Axe products. Everyone I have sampled is revolting. :sm48:

I have a selection of soaps. From Dove to Irish spring, Nivea for men unscented. Some of my regulars also bring their own and I store it with their name on it:)

The men that visit me really appreciate that I have gone the extra step to be sure to have a selection for them, it takes a bit of the worries away.

If someone could invent a loufa that would have soap in it that would dissolve as you used it, I would be your biggest client! Cause the problem with bottle soap, it doesn't lather well on a face cloth:(

I also have bars of soap which do a better job, and there was a study I had seen, saying bar of soap even after someone else uses it is actually cleaner then a bottle of soap as we touch the bottle with our hands..hmm? kinda makes since.

• Like 1

I would be happy to buy preferred brands. I currently make sure to have a selection of Dove Men, Irish Spring, and Dove Sensitive as it's unscented. If there are others preferred, I'll stock up!

• Like 1

Good topic and something that should be of interest to anyone who's Real World includes someone who cares about scent.

I would love it if the proper scent were on hand for showering but with so many differing tastes it seems impractical. Of course, we could decide a universal choice, like Irish Spring, and everyone switch to that.

Thanks to the proliferation of Travel Sizes I carry my own body wash and shampoo. For me, problem solved.

• Like 1

A clean scent is no issue..

>off-topic... cigarette smell is would be an absolute killer for me..

With 2 teenaged boys in the house, soaps and shampoos / bodywashes rotate as high rate of knots at my place.

Boys can be just as bad as teen girls....

me- YO.. out the shower..!!! its been 20 minutes.. you are getting the hot water bill.."

LOL

So my point is, as long as its a fairly regular scent - no issues here what ever it is.

It just cant be overpowering - thats all..

D.

• Like 1

I have a small army of suds in my bathroom -- I try to keep a stock of well-known brands as well as unscented body washes, and am happy to hang on to a guest's preferred brand :)

• Like 1

I have a small army of suds in my bathroom -- I try to keep a stock of well-known brands as well as unscented body washes, and am happy to hang on to a guest's preferred brand :)

I am kinda partial to this Fat Bastard brand soap Kate ;) It's extra stout....

il_570xN.529305958_8ne2.jpg

• Like 2

I carry one of everything when it comes to body wash and for established guests I purchase their preferred soap; putting it in a soap saver with their monogram on it so they are the only one that uses it. I do believe that it's the little details that make an experience worth having...

cat

• Like 4

I have a liquid soap that is just 'soap' scent, nothing overpowering, and then always have something fresher like Dial, Zest or Irish Spring. I like those scents, and it is often helpful on showers prior to a session starting for someone who needs a good cleanup :)

• Like 1

You know, I've never thought about it before and have never really noticed what brand of soap is where. Couldn't even think of what kind we have at home (checked - there are at least three different ones - have no idea which I use, just grab and go)

Suppose now that I'm past middle age (side rant - average lifespan for cdn male is 80 middle age is therefore 40, plus or minus 5 years) I should choose a scent. Do they make chocolate or maybe Gibson's scented soap?

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7
You know, I've never thought about it before and have never really noticed what brand of soap is where. Couldn't even think of what kind we have at home (checked - there are at least three different ones - have no idea which I use, just grab and go)

Suppose now that I'm past middle age (side rant - average lifespan for cdn male is 80 middle age is therefore 40, plus or minus 5 years) I should choose a scent. Do they make chocolate or maybe Gibson's scented soap?

I am thinking "wet vagina" scented soap...I would swear a lot and wash my own mouth out with soap.

Guest S****r
. Do they make chocolate or maybe Gibson's scented soap?

I have chocolate scented body wash. You should try it!

let me know what brand we decide on so I can stock up at Costco ;)

I currently stock the Dove Mens+Care in sensitive because it's the mildest and the scent is barely discernible.

• Like 1

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I use to carry more than one brand/sent, but have found that more often then not, men are pretty simple in terms of the body washes. As long as it doesn't have a strong sent they are more than happy to use it. I use mens dove+care the one with with blue label as they discontinued the sensitive clean. I can't find it anywhere!

If someone wanted to bring they own and leave it behind that would fine.

On a side note, for those who have sensitive skin avoid body washes that say unscented. They aren't unscented they have added more scent to cover the original scent! I had no idea they did that and kept wondering why I was having mild skin reactions to it...haha now I know!! If you have sensitive skin and need something with out a scent look for a body wash or soap that is that is sent free.

I think, in general, as long as it's a reasonably mildly scented product things are fine. So long as it's relatively "soap" smelling, it likely won't even be noticeable. Heck, one can always blame a new scent on the soap dispensers at work if challenged by the SO.

I realize people will differ, but something like Dove or some of the other major brands are just fine.

• Like 1

Anything is good, as long as the lady is in the shower with me. ;)

But i'm single, so no risk there.

• Like 1

Anything is good, as long as the lady is in the shower with me. ;)

But i'm single, so no risk there.

Gotta agree there, anything to play "drop the soap" from behind....

• Like 2