a certain Facebook fan page

Facebook has most assuredly been informed by countless users already that this group is in bad taste. Maybe it'll come down soon, maybe not - there has to be a few more out there like it given the popularity of GTA. Now if it was a picture of a lady showing her masectomy scar, it would be taken down within a day for being sexual and abusive. If y'all wanna do a real protest, kill your Facebook accounts.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sick but for some reason the content does not surprise me; weird people out there and most would join such groups simply to feel "cool". Even scarier employers, significant others, LE, insurance investigators use Facebook on a regular basis to gather info on the people they are interested in.

Just Google yourself, your phone number, address you'd be surprised what comes up. Even scarier those that provide personal info to clients are subject to having their real identity revealed or used against them.

I've posted it before, I have a buddy that does computer forensics; ANYTHING you access, do, chat, view, etc... on your CPU is retrievable unless you have your hard drive wiped or pay a lot of $$ to install proper cleaning options. (I got my wipe software for free from my buddy...)

Here's some more information on this.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/101136...s-facebook-page

<H1 hasbox="2">'Kill hookers' Facebook boy dealt with: school</H1>14:56 AEST Fri Feb 12 2010

A Facebook page which advocates killing prostitutes has

been condemned by sex industry workers.

A Catholic school

student has been "dealt with" after he set up a Facebook page that appeared to

advocate killing prostitutes.

The page, called "Killing your hooker so you don't have to pay

her", has now been removed by Facebook but not before almost 18,000 people

joined the site.

The principal of St Laurence's College in Queensland, Ian

McDonald, confirmed a student from the school had been disciplined over the

creation of the page.

"It has been sorted out and the boy has been dealt with," Mr

McDonald told AAP on Friday.

"The student told us, of course, he didn't believe what was on

there and he did something stupid.

"This didn't happen at the school, but does highlight the fact

that we really need to educate the students about the dangers on the

internet."

Mr McDonald said students did not have access to Facebook at the school.

Elena Jeffreys, president of the Australian Sex Workers Association, was one

of dozens of people to complain to Facebook.

She condemned the site for inciting violence against prostitutes.

"It's a sad indictment of how people just think it's normal that the sex

industry and violence goes hand in hand," she told.

"It's pretty disgraceful there's a web page advocating violence or

murder."

The 18,000 members of the Facebook group included a handful of people

claiming to be sex workers who had joined the group while it was still live in

order to voice their disapproval.

"As a hooker, I wish I could find this site funny," one person posted.

"It's about as funny as black people being hung from trees, Jewish people

burning in ovens and kids being raped. Not funny in this society!"

Other pages that appear to advocate violence against prostitutes are

currently live on Facebook.

Many of them are linked to the computer game Grand Theft Auto, in

which players can run over prostitutes in cars.

Another page called "Killing hookers and doing coke off their ass"

says in its description: "Come here for all your hooker killing, and or eating

of their diseased internal organs."

The group, which at the time of writing had 79 members, featured a

photo of a woodchipper that claimed to "mince up hookers or your money back

guarantee".

Ms Jeffreys said she does not blame Facebook, but urged people to

think twice before creating such pages.

Facebook did not immediately respond to requests for

comment.

I believe that when something like that is created, it should be "moderated" from the get go and these would not even be allowed to be created in the first place.

wow.....all I can say is....wow. As someone who works in a field where I have to deal with the public on a daily basis, it never ceases to amaze me that as far as we've come as a society, there are still some pretty backwards people out there.

wow.....all I can say is....wow. As someone who works in a field where I have to deal with the public on a daily basis, it never ceases to amaze me that as far as we've come as a society, there are still some pretty backwards people out there. I would like to say that it applies mostly to older people and the whole "can't teach an old dog new tricks" mentality, but unfortunately that's not always the case.

as an older person I don`t like that comment

as an older person I don`t like that comment

Sorry, didn't mean to generalize, but that's often been my experience with trying to debate anything with an older person, but I didn't mean to offend. Post edited.

They certainly seem like that,

There were two of these groups, this is the other one;

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150095091825008&ref=search&sid=100000286154328.1055784124..1

It seems though that people are just making them to piss other people off though, for every one that gets taken down a couple more pop up...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=330344512141&ref=search&sid=100000286154328.3655851344..1

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=228830072853&ref=search&sid=100000286154328.2608425848..1

It's really sad that people have nothing better to do...

Jesus Christ, it's like a cockroach that won't die.

Here is a case from several years ago.

http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/218780

http://www.cambridgetimes.ca/CambridgeTimes/Article/83141

"Facebook does not condone cyber-bullying, and our users agree not to use the site to 'intimidate or harass another,'" Facebook spokesperson Matt Hicks wrote in an e-mail.

( in other words, this disclaimer gets us off the hook, we are too busy counting cash to search our own site for keywords like "Kill" )

"For days, many members of my group reported them (to Facebook administrators), but it wasn't until the media stepped in that the group was finally deleted," she said.

Note the Category on this page, ( no Admins, but 575 members)

Common Interest - Sexuality

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150095091825008&ref=search&sid=100000286154328.1055784124..1

"We do our best to keep Facebook safe,"

"You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement."

(Facebook administrators exempted of course)

http://www.facebook.com/terms.php?ref=pf

What a crock of BS :roll:

Hmmmmmmm I seem to be getting too wound up in this.

It's the big picture that bothers me (note the age range of the members). Are we raising a generation of selfish, fame hound, slaggers ? I hope I pass on before they get to control my life.

Not that this makes it any better, but keep in mind that this 'group' is an homage to Grand Theft Auto. If you think this fan page is an indictment on the corrosion of values, you'll really have to start with the gaming industry first.

It has been years since I played any video games, but last I remember when I played GTA, I picked up a few street walkers and then killed them after the deed was done to get my money back. I also beat pedestrians over the head with a baseball bat and killed many police officers. I don't do this stuff in real life.

Getting too incensed about this is not worth the mental energy.

You have to keep in mind that this page was probably started by some immature punk who doesn't know the ways of the world and is supporting this group from their mommy and daddy's basement. Not worth getting upset over. This is their ultimate goal and moreover what makes trolls survive on the internet. They are only a small minority in a large cesspool of losers on Facebook.

You have to keep in mind that this page was probably started by some immature punk who doesn't know the ways of the world and is supporting this group from their mommy and daddy's basement. Not worth getting upset over. This is their ultimate goal and moreover what makes trolls survive on the internet. They are only a small minority in a large cesspool of losers on Facebook.

I agree, Alexa. I overhead my 14 year old nephew talking with his friends about this and that being "gay". When I asked them what they meant by that, they didn't really have a good answer. They were actually kind of embarassed that this old 40s plus lady was quizzing them.

So you can imagine how many young people get caught up in things they don't understand - geez, I'm still learning the ways of the world. But yes, you can imagine someone's window to world through is limited to the internet while sitting in "mommy and daddy's basement"

It's not what I would call proper socialization and unfortunately that is how a lot of people are being socialized these days. I guess they are to be pitied more than to be censored.

I have an aunt who asks why no one ever writes hand-written letters anymore.

Good question.

I have played Vice City. I found that running around bludgeoning people with a baseball bat for their cash, was not good for my psyche.

I think the vague references to GTA is just a smoke screen. Why don't they mention GTA ?

Instead you find,

"Category:

Common Interest - Health & Wellness

Category:

Common Interest - Sexuality"

If it was Humor, or Games, I might dismiss it as the garbage of pop culture.

Sometimes "if you can't beat em, join em"

Thinking of joining up and starting a group.

Maybe "Kill the cop so you don't have to pay the traffic ticket"

Or "Kill your children so you don't have to pay for their college"

Category: Common Interest - Humor

Wonder how many will think it's funny.