So I had never had a collection of anything... I had try started some in the past.. but with no luck... didn't find them interesting enough to make me want to continue... Collecting items I find can be very interesting, they can tell us many things about what people like and enjoy... they can also be great ideas for gifts... well last year.... I decided to give myself a little toy... an old vintage Volkswagen Bettle convertible (also known as Bug... or punch buggie)... with that I also inherited a small collection of buggies toys and books.. And I really like it so I Have decided to continue with it... I am so in love with my new toys...

So I collect anything related to Volkswagen beetles...

And what do you Collect

Collecting requires a real passion for something that you love or are intrigued by.......that being said I used to dabble with photography, and then started to find older cameras, I now have a few good ones from the 50's back to the 20's. My "neatest" find was a Polaroid from the 60's still with the original box with the price sticker from a local drug store where it was purchased, not a good example of craftsmanship like the earlier cameras, but a good example of the advent of technology and consumerism, also this is the camera that started a whole craze of "dirty" home photos....lol

• Like 1

as I have aged, my collecting habits have changed

when I was young, I collected stamps and coins

now, I collect single malt scotch

collecting is a lot more fun now

Edited by sluggo
  • Like 1

I was in really big in coin collecting a few years back. Then it slowed down to a crawl because I got to the point that the empty spots in the collection were getting fairly expensive.

Photography and a salt water reef tank was taking up quite a bit of my disposable income..

D.

Edited by 6dave9
  • Like 1

I really like collecting symbols, flags, posters of resistance movements, freedom fighters, minorities seeking self - determination ... For me, it's a way of showing solidarity while reminding myself how lucky I am

• Like 5

I have a fantasy collection...I'd have this trophy room, but instead of stuffed animal heads, I'd have the panties of all the hotties on cerb that I've shagged hanging from a hook with their photo ....I'd go in there and smoke cigars and drink imported beer...scratch and sniff the panties like some sort of fine wine connoiseur and re-live the moment.....isn't that weird ? lol

• Like 1

I collect matchbooks. But not just any old matchbook will do. I only collect the really old ones From Canada with 4 digit phone numbers on them. The matchbook must also be complete with no missing matches. I started this as a kid and I still have some of my collection. Minus a few dozen stolen by my mother to support her smoking habit. It is hard to collect them now a days because Canada Post makes you cut off the match heads for mailing. By doing so you destroy the value. IMHO.

I also have a really old foreign paper money collection I started as a kid. When ever friends or neighbors traveled abroad. They would bring me back a banknote or two. I don't think it is worth anything but I still treasure it.

I even have a Canadian $1 & $2 bill in mint condition. They were printed the year I was born (1967). I would like to someday expand this collection to include a $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 and $1,000 bill.

• Like 1

Guest c**io**m7

International rums and shot glasses...although both are getting used a lot lately.

I have never really been a collector... as a child I collected stamps and coins and hockey cards but that was all short lived.... lol I wish I still had the coins and stamps and hockey cards from 40+ years ago now they would really be worth something.

As I have aged I have come to realize that what we really collect in life is experiences and memories. of time we have spent with the important people who have crossed our path as we weave our way through life. Each person we meet leaves us with something that impacts our lives.... some are small and relatively short impacts and some are life changing.

I have been very lucky in life... i guess you could say that my "collection" if experiences has been extraordinarily amazing.... i have had so many wonderful people who have entered my life and allowed me the pleasure to walk along besides them for a time. Some like my family have been lifelong gifts others have had only a short presence but a huge impact.... some I think have saved my life.

In either case I am truly grateful for the "collection" of people that have played a part in my life.

• Like 3

Guest S*rca****sid

As a kid I collected hockey cards and collected money from all over the world. Now I have a collection of vintage cameras that I still use.

I collect memories of the times that I have spent with the lovely ladies on Cerb! They are priceless!

• Like 2

Guest K***e D****ls

I collect postcards from my travels. I date the back and write highlights on the back to refresh memories down the road.

I collect seashells from beaches I've been to around the world, and keep them in small vases and pretty glass jars.

Footwear from designer stilettos to cowboy boots to Chuck Taylors.

Bikinis. The smaller, the better.

Rewards cards/points.

Well I don't collect per se. But those who have been to my place must think I collect fishing tackle. One large tackle bag and one large muskie box each filled with baits. Then a couple drawers full of baits I haven't used yet. And a wood cabinet filled with even more baits and tackle.

Not to mention having fifteen rods/reels

I haven't even covered my ice fishing gear yet LOL

And what am I doing tomorrow...going to Bass Pro Shops, yes really :-)

RG

As a boy, on family vacations, I collected key chains as we traveled Northern Ontario & Eastern Canada. Key chains were easy to carry & cheap to buy. Had a bunch of 'em.

I gave up the habit of collecting physical things a long time ago. Threw out my key chain collection because they took too much space and required maintenance. Don't much care about the loss. I remember where I bought everything & how it looked.

I guess I can say I collect memories. Not physical things. I have memories of aging people, a different way of life in frontier towns, ghost mines, fisheries, craberies, fortresses, kind people, rain, fog, logging roads, beautiful scenes, smells, museums, the oceans, lakes, campgrounds, natural rivers and waterfalls and streams, the rockies, deserts, mountains. I can go on, but this to me is my collection.

Nice thread.:icon_biggrin:

Guest P**aq

I'm a collector of many things but am most proud of my collection of masks from around the world :)