I am always complimented on my massage with which I only use a lotion. The one I have been using and like is KERI intense hydration, unscented. My experiences leads me to believe that most gentlemen prefer unscented products .

I have very sensitive skin that seems to react to most oils and a lot of creams and lotions but this lotion works well for my personal use as well..

• Like 3

Bonjours fellow cerb members :)

Just wondering what products you enjoy most when having your massage? (or giving a massage)

What scents do you find indulging?

xxoo

When giving I definitely love oil or anything that makes it slippery. If you offer body slides the slipperier the better...in my opinion.The best is Nuru jel!!

• Like 1

After a lot of research, trial and error, if I need to use a product I use Bon Vital Massage Gel. It has the workability of an oil and sinks into the skin like a lotion. It's also all natural with jojoba and you can actually lick it without your tongue going numb (many massage products have an additive that does this). The product is unscented and water dispersible.

• Like 6

I've always had best results with an oil, because it stays slippery longer. Lotions always soak into the skin, which is what they are meant to do, so if you are attempting a massage of more than 2 minutes, it fails to work well lol.

I use simple baby oil, unscented always. This is not as easy to find as it once was, afaik only Shoppers carries an unscented baby oil under their own brand name.

I have a plain lotion as well, and will often mix the two together, the oil will help keep the lotion usable, and the lotion puts off a light scent if this is not a problem for the client. This is especially nice for someone with very dry skin.

The no oil option is actually not an option, when it comes to massage, it is almost impossible to do a really good massage without the assistance of oils so your hands really can move across the skin. No oil = sticking, or not smooth.

I think I've had all the stuff out there used on me and my preference is a good quality Massage Oil like Biotone. The stuff is about $13 for 8 oz or $54 a gallon and is available locally. Their lotion is also good.

A number of MAs use baby oil and I hate it !! Some even use the scented stuff which smells like hell for the rest of the day! Although the unscented stuff doesn't smell, you still can't get rid of it unless you have 2 showers. I also get a rash from baby oil for some reason !!

If you figure out the price of a gallon of baby oil you may find that good massage oil, or lotion if you prefer, is probably around the same price !! The massage oil is very slippery and is water soluble so cleanup is a breeze. It just plain gives a better massage. I don't mind unscented baby oil for the finish if that's what the MA prefers but not for the massage.

If I visit an MA that I enjoy and she uses baby oil I will bring a bottle of Biotone on my second visit. Some switch and others just save the bottle of massage oil for my future visits :)

My 2 cents, from a customer's perspective.

• Like 8

I agree about baby oil, that's just wrong. I prefer high quality oil,like Biotone, or a good lotion, as I love giving a massage as much as receiving one. Sex shops like Aren't We Naughty have some decent products like Essence by Jopen a all natural soothing oil, but too bad it's only in 4 or 6 ounces bottles.

• Like 1

I also use biotone unscented massage gel (it comes in gel, lotion or oil) and have repeatedly received compliments on it. You can purchase it at simply therapy (a massage store in the east end) By the gallon and also a pump for easier dispensing of it into smaller squeeze bottles. They also sell very nice, soft white massage bed sheets that are much better then then typical towel over the bed idea. Goodluck and have fun testing out all the products ;-) Roar!

• Like 4

Interesting thread, thank you for starting it! :) As someone who has recently started offering massage services, I am very interested to hear what massage lovers prefer.

I've been using a high quality cold pressed organic virgin coconut oil. It has wonderful properties, texture and consistency, and the scent is super mild and barely there, because it's totally natural. I also warm it up on the stove before using it, to make it even more enjoyable. I just love it, and I've had great feedback so far. I keep a few other various options on hand, and am open to suggestions, but so far the coconut oil has been a hit.

It's amazing for the skin, including mine, after using my body to rub it all over my subject. ;) It's also totally edible (wink wink) and actually even good for you.

Hear, hear for coconut oil, it is marvelous for massage, and it is quite versatile: one can use it for cooking and baking as well!

Best,

toine

• Like 3

I don't do erotic massage, but for bound up muscles and soft skin, garden variety Lubriderm Unscented is quite nice. It is non greasy, adsorbs quickly, and seems to retain that moist feel for 24 hours.

For truly dry, scaly, this-is-not-me skin, such as dry heels and elbows, you can find a product called Melkfett in European food stores. It's by Ombra. It is extremely oily, and you only need a bit, and it will last 6 months. It contains calandula and other ingredients, and if you are exercising outdoors a thin layer is nice on the face.

• Like 2

Hear, hear for coconut oil, it is marvelous for massage, and it is quite versatile: one can use it for cooking and baking as well!

Best,

toine

It is highly recommended for deep-frying. It is also reported that if you rub or massage coconut oil on your scalp regularly, it will promote growth or at least prevent hair loss. I have never tried it for massage though. Now I am wondering who will be the lucky ( or unlucky) lady that I could experiment it on? :biggrin:

• Like 1

My favorite is a silicone based lubricant called Jo, http://venusenvy.ca/jo-massage-glide

It is not cheap, but little of it goes a long way. It's great for massaging and is safe everywhere for any kind of play time. It is also a tattoo conditioner and will take the itch away on new tattoos. Comes unscented but I like the citrus and cranberry scents.

I have never had any complaints.

Interesting thread, thank you for starting it! :) As someone who has recently started offering massage services, I am very interested to hear what massage lovers prefer.

I've been using a high quality cold pressed organic virgin coconut oil. It has wonderful properties, texture and consistency, and the scent is super mild and barely there, because it's totally natural. I also warm it up on the stove before using it, to make it even more enjoyable. I just love it, and I've had great feedback so far. I keep a few other various options on hand, and am open to suggestions, but so far the coconut oil has been a hit.

It's amazing for the skin, including mine, after using my body to rub it all over my subject. ;) It's also totally edible (wink wink) and actually even good for you.

It can also be used for "oil pulling", a process that has been linked to oral health and insanely white teeth. Gwyneth Paltro and Shailene Woodley are huge proponents of it. http://www.http://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling-for-oral-health/

• Like 2

Guest Be***iful****lah

I heard somewhere that coconut oil makes for an amazing lube as well?? Anyone have experience with that? Curious.

Guest *l**e

I used to use the Biotone massage gel but it made my tongue numb (which is bad in my business!! lmao).

I recently switched to the Biotone Light massage oil. It's very nice, no scent, absorbs in nicely, has avocado extracts which are good for the skin, does not numb the tongue at all, and the price can't be beat.

I have used coconut oil in the past and love it, but I go through way to much oil to use it regularly. I've also used olive oil...fantastic for massage, but again, quite pricey.

I have used coconut oil in the past and love it, but I go through way to much oil to use it regularly.

Costco has started carrying coconut oil. Giant container for a reasonable price. More economical than the specialty grocery stores.

Coconut oil is very versatile - hair, skin, food.....wow!

A treat is to keep it in the fridge on a hot summer day and serve cold on the skin. It melts very quickly with this wonderful cooling sensation. Then it adsorbs quickly after about 5 mins.

.....now to get to those hot summer days! :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't really call it a massage. But I keep a bottle of moisturizing body lotion on hand. I like to gently rub it onto the lady. Especially after our shower together and we have dried each other off. It is non greasy and lightly scented.

It is one of my ways of showing appreciation. They will even ask for it if I forget. So I must be doing something wright. ;)

The ladies use a massage oil on me. I do not know what it is. It is in an unmarked bottle. I don't really care for it. But it is the thought that counts.

• Like 1

I just want to point out quickly that some people are allergic to coconut oil. I don't believe there is a known allergy when it comes to eating it, but contact dermatitis is something that a rare few will experience.

If you are thinking about using it, try it out as a lotion for a few days and see how your skin reacts. My skin does NOT handle it well, and because of that I would never want to use it as a lube. I actually have to read beauty product ingredients carefully to make sure there is no coconut oil in anything I put on my skin. So while it is amazing for some people, just give it a trial run before you commit to buying a lot.

• Like 6

Coconut oil is very versatile - hair, skin, food.....wow!

A treat is to keep it in the fridge on a hot summer day and serve cold on the skin. It melts very quickly with this wonderful cooling sensation. Then it adsorbs quickly after about 5 mins.

.....now to get to those hot summer days! :)

Interesting, I never thought of coconut oil for massages.

• Like 1

I have read great things about Cocunut Oil, would be happy to try for a massage.

I have received a Nuru massage. Interesting, definitely slippery, sliddy, however seems to have taken a long time to wash off, a good massage oil absorbs and hydrates skin, with no need for long shower afterwards.