Police Department Will Shame Prostitutes by Live-tweeting a Sting Operation

If they say they are targeting the clients (those who solicit the services of prostitutes) then why would their picture be a woman in handcuffs? Clearly that isn't their intention at all, they will be targeting and posting pics of the sps, as well as clients. sps are far easier to find, they call up the ad and have her show up to a rented motel/hotel room. Clients, they have to rely on having a good ad attracting callers and a good phone style to get them to the door. of course the main objective and easiest thing to do is sex workers, not clients.

Good to see they aren't wasting time by waiting for silly things like TRIALS or convictions eh?

Some poor schmuck is going to get his picture up there despite being completely innocent, and it may ruin his life. Law enforcement in the US is completely nuts.

Suspect=guilty. Marekin Justis Yay!

• Like 2

Good to see they aren't wasting time by waiting for silly things like TRIALS or convictions eh?

I would *love* to hack their twitter feed while this was going on. I think that would be a lot of fun.

It could also deliver a useful lesson or two about what justice is and what it isn't, direct to the people who most need that lesson.

• Like 1

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I find it depressing when he mentions "the misconception that prostitution is a victimless crime" and talks of rape and robbery. Those are violent crimes. The transaction of prostitution in and of itself has nothing to do with them.

• Like 1

Obvious lack of intelligence in the Vice Intelligence unit.

Also interesting claim about "giving the public access to the vice unit". A meaningless claim that cannot be proven. Good job of patting yourself on the back sarge.

"I've participated in hundreds of stings, and I've never seen what happened today. By advertising this days ago, we wanted to put johns on notice to not come to Prince George's County. That message was heard loud and clear. We just put a dent in the human trafficking business without making one arrest", said Sergeant Dave Coleman, the Officer in Charge of the Vice Intelligence Unit.

Actually... I think it's only fair to give credit where it's due here. These guys have put out a couple of press releases and a few tweets, and convinced most of the world that they're taking human trafficking seriously without actually doing anything, and definitely not anything that would have risked generating paperwork.

This guy deserves his donut.

• Like 1