What are your plans for Mother's Day This Sunday May 11th?

Since my mother has passed, I will be visiting the cemetary and cleaning the plaque and placing fresh flowers there. My sister and I will also replace the artificial flowers that we place in the flower holder beside the plaque. We do this every year because the winter takes it toll on them.

I will acknowledge all my friends who are mothers and probably join my niece and sister for lunch.

I will make some phone calls to some elderly ladies I know who I am fond of.

What will you be doing for Mother's Day (if anything).

• Like 2

That is a very nice gesture you do yearly for your mother and elderly ladies.

As for me, let's see,

Drive to Sudbury, open up the cottage as my mother would like to move back on the long weekend. Make sure there is enough wood to burn all ready for her, then go and visit take her out to diner go back to the cottage and come back home. It's going to be a long one but it's for Mom.

Additional Comments:

Jeez, here I am replying to your post and complete forgot.

To all the mothers out there,

From the bottom of my heart I thank you for all you do for us guys.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

You are all great.

• Like 2

A Mother's Day Greeting To All Mothers Out In CERB

1055277-bigthumbnail.jpg

And To All CERB Ladies Who Aren't Mothers, This Card Is For You

child-mother-single-childless-motherhood-mothers-day-ecards-someecards.png

For me, I'll be visiting and doing dinner for Mother's Day. More so I can stay in touch with my nephew than anything else...things are strained with my family. Yes the whole family is getting together (yayyyy...said sarcastically)

And what my dad's wife will do, I don't know. When he was alive and married basically her family became his and my brother and I were fit in at both his and her convenience. Which suited both him and his wife fine.

I wasn't bitter, he didn't leave when we were kids, he waited till we grew up, and it was his choice, but the choices they enjoyed now have consequences (if that makes sense)

But now that dad has died, she likes to keep in touch (a reminder of dad I guess) To me I find it a bit uncomfortable. So I'm dreading Sunday and looking forward to Monday

Sorry to put a downer on the thread

But to the mothers and non mothers out in CERB, a Happy Mothers Day to you

A rambling with a bit of venting

RG

• Like 1

I will be relaxing at home for the most part in Sunday, a possible special lunch planned tomorrow with my perfect little guy (hate being in crowds) and then hop on a flight Sunday night.

Nothing too exciting but I would not have it any other way.

• Like 5

I'll be celebrating and fondly remembering all the mother (s) we've lost: Mother, Grandmothers, Sister, Aunts and Cousin and of course their children.

Peace

MG

• Like 3

Placing Flowers at Moms cemetery, a celebration afterwards with siblings, dinner and a few cocktails. ;)

• Like 2

Clean the memorial at the cemetery (seems to be a common theme for us older pooners).

Take the SO out for a nice brunch buffet. Ironically, our kid won't be able to join us due to work commitments.

Chill & work in the garden if it isn't raining.

Drink some wine.

• Like 2

happy-mothers-day.jpeg

To all the ladies of Cerb.

I will probably spend part of the day in remembrance as my mother just passed away on January 3rd, 2014.

She saved every Mother's Day card and letter I ever gave her.

& I thought we were not that close. :(

• Like 6

Taking her out to the Royal Botanical Gardens. She loves that place, and then lunch at her favourite restaurant.

• Like 2

I list my mom a few years ago but we were very close in fact she lived with me for the last 20+ years of her life.... she was an amazing lady who still inspires me to be a better person. As is our normal practice we will make a donation in her memory to one of the local community organizations that she was active in. Besides that my children and I will take my wife their mom out to supper.... for a number of reasons mothers day is a little tricky in our home but we do our very best to celebrate.

• Like 1

The other difficulty around this time of month with Mothers Day, years back we also lost our father in this month, so it will be a very somber next couple of weeks.

No matter your age, and if your parents are still around, take that time to visit,phone and enjoy the moments together it is always so important in your life. I've always had a very special bond with my mother and father, and still do.

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us. " Helen Keller.

• Like 5

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

There is NO gift (in my opinion) that can ever show our mums just how much they are appreciated, honored, respected and LOVED. They gave us life and loved us unconditionally when we probably didn't deserve it (the crazy teen years).

In our family we usually get all the aunts, female cousins and mums together and have a huge soul food cook out and just enjoy the day. Love, appreciate and be grateful for those of us who still have our moms, but also the mother figures who faithfully stepped in and became that presence we needed.

Jas xo

• Like 2

Guest P**aq

I'm taking my mother out for lunch on Sunday, I take her out every week, but this week I will have flowers and a gift.