Hope to gain some insight.

I would like to know what other ladies do when you get a new member on CERB, who is looking at booking with you who has no post history and claims to have no references? Other than a txt to prove it is a real cell, and voice call to verify it is indeed a hobbyist, or at least one that has not already been declined. Is there something else you can suggest?

Feel free to PM your responds for discretion if you like.

• Like 2

I go with my intuition and have a conversation with them for a few minutes. I listen to their voice, the way they speak to me, the questions they ask and even if they sound sweet and charming, that warning bell can go off in my head. It's weird because I can pick up a person's energy too and I listen to my instincts all the time. Ted Bundy was sweet and charming too. Psychic abilities run in my family and as time goes by, my intuition become more well honed.

• Like 5

I go with my intuition and have a conversation with them for a few minutes. I listen to their voice, the way they speak to me, the questions they ask and even if they sound sweet and charming, that warning bell can go off in my head. It's weird because I can pick up a person's energy too and I listen to my instincts all the time. Ted Bundy was sweet and charming too. Psychic abilities run in my family and as time goes by, my instincts and intuition become more well honed.

I hear you loud and clear, as I too am an empathy and somewhat clairvoyant. I can even pick up energy on the initial contact!

usually, lol...

Guest S****r

I had that situation just this morning, and I ended up declining. I don't always though. But something about the interaction with this guy made me uncomfortable, So....I'd say listen to your gut, too.

When a gentleman contacts me and claims it is his first time seeking companionship (not always true) and therefore has no references, I either ask him to:

- register on P411 (screening service)

- send a deposit via email at a discreet business address

- send a deposit, in cash, to my business P.O. box address

If none of the above work for him, he is more than welcome to contact me at a later time when he does have a solid reference from another established companion.

• Like 6

I don't accept anonymous contact, discussion or booking. Which includes forum handles, and emails, and chat (which is enabled on a few ad only sites, meaning that someone with a handle there will not ever have posts or a profile that can be reviewed)

I feel it resolves a lot of issues. Plus when someone is told via chat, email, or pm that they need to call for the info, and that phone call never comes? tells me everything i need to know about them, i.e. they don't or won't respect the sp boundaries and/or requirements.

• Like 4

The only reason I include my board handle, confirmed by PM to a lady when being screened is that some characters may want to pass themselves off as a more well known gentleman on a recommendation/review board. BTW this has happened to some CERB members here

Providing my board handle, and confirming it via pm isn't instead of providing my real name, it's in addition to providing my real name (and other requested screening information)

Anyhow, just thrown in for discussion

A rambling

RG

• Like 4

I am on Linked In. In addition to having a network on

Linked In, I also have people from Linked In looking at my posting daily, and they mostly have photos. This gives you name, photo, and employer. Nothing is totally foolproof, but I found this very helpful.

Simply ask your client to look at your Linked In page. Their visit on your page will be anonymously recorded on your records, and you have trackable information.

Once you have this information, check out the company website.Sometimes they have photos, too.

While you are there, google their name and company and look up "Images". The Linked In Photo, the Images Photo, and the man in the lobby should all match.

I myself don't trust my instincts much when it comes to my newness, and my life. I listen for consistency. Does his story make sense?

You can dig up lots of factoids on a Gmail address, too. How many followers, and who? Mostly male or female? hint - older clients tend not to have them. Is most activity, say, in BC, when he says he is from Ottawa? Consistency, women! And to spare you this snooping personally, think of switching to Hushmail.

Observe the request for special favours, driving a distance, etc. You must be in control. Have him park where you can see his plates and again, make sure it is consistent with his story. If they are Florida plates, vamoosh.

Have him meet you where you can observe him, such as a restaurant or even on the street. If it's wrong, you know what to do.

If you go with him, vet in front of him.

It is possible for a skilled jerk to find their way around anything, so there is one more method I endorse.

Surprise! :vf:If you have had good self defense training specifically for these situations, you may not win the local competition. But you will have the confidence to overcome a much larger opponent. Your most powerful tool is your mind.

Cheers,

Ann

• Like 1

Interesting thread

I imagine that a lot of us here on CERB, both Hobbyists and SPs, are nervous about the new laws and how they might impact our community. But how does someone get screened in if they're a first timer or an intermittent hobbyist?

I made an informed decision years ago to ditch social media to get a semblance of work-life balance. Mostly because I work in IT and I spend more than enough time in front of a computer already.

At the end of the day the ladies here will have to protect themselves as best they can from the dark side of society and the criminal justice system - with common sense and by trusting their own intuition.

I know the first time I called for a date I was nervous as hell but I used my real name (first name). I don`t know how much farther I`d be willing to go to prove the sincerity of intent?

Toper

When a gentleman contacts me and claims it is his first time seeking companionship (not always true) and therefore has no references, I either ask him to:

- register on P411 (screening service)

- send a deposit via email at a discreet business address

- send a deposit, in cash, to my business P.O. box address

If none of the above work for him, he is more than welcome to contact me at a later time when he does have a solid reference from another established companion.

I would personally ask for a deposit via email money transfer, but Gabriellas's suggestions cover the whole gamut.

• Like 1

Interesting thread

I imagine that a lot of us here on CERB, both Hobbyists and SPs, are nervous about the new laws and how they might impact our community. But how does someone get screened in if they're a first timer or an intermittent hobbyist?

I made an informed decision years ago to ditch social media to get a semblance of work-life balance. Mostly because I work in IT and I spend more than enough time in front of a computer already.

At the end of the day the ladies here will have to protect themselves as best they can from the dark side of society and the criminal justice system - with common sense and by trusting their own intuition.

I know the first time I called for a date I was nervous as hell but I used my real name (first name). I don`t know how much farther I`d be willing to go to prove the sincerity of intent?

Toper

Actually, I am not worried yet over the BILL, I have another thread related before this bill arrived. It was called" if you are on cerb, why not book from cerb?"

I could ask for real name but what if it was John smith? So I am just asking if there advice on how other ladies deal with this, as I would hate to deny myself and him the the pleasure, but yet have always been a super discrete kind of booker, lol...

I see your point though! For sure I expect booking protocols may change greatly in the near future too.

I will follow my intuition and use the sound advice shown to me on this thread.

Thanks everyone. Gabriella, you really helped me with you advice, as long as another wonderful lady that sent me a PM on this issue. Thanks, you guy's and girls are the best!

Is another reason I pay my annual fee to P411 to be a verified client, it makes life so much easier, either here in Canada, or travelling abroad.

• Like 2

Well with verification, the Very First Time I was booking with a lady who required verification/screening, well I was terrified giving out my name.

And my hand shaking as I emailed her the information, and a churning in my stomach after the information sent. But once done, I realized, as much as there is a concern for privacy from a man's perspective, the lady is willing to see me alone, intimately, and she has to consider her safety

And safety trumps privacy each and every time.

The ladies I provide, or will provide my verification information with I trust absolutely. I have no concerns with a lady I contact having my personal information. While this lifestyle may have to be closed to those in the outside world, to those of us in this lifestyle, being open with one another is IMHO the best way to go

A rambling

RG

• Like 1