I had a unusual experience. I texted an SP and got a reply however we never met that nite. The next day that person texted me saying that the SP i texted listed there number by accident and they were reporting me to the police. I have to admit i'm quite worried about this. Should i? Has anyone had this experience before?

Thanks

Don't quote me but you haven't do w anything illiegal have you? New laws aren't in effect yet.

It is weird though. Have you sent the SP a pm? I'm sure age would want to know. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

I doubt you have anything to worry about. Its just like calling someone and dialling the wrong number. You texted the wrong number thats all.

Didn't get graphic or even discuss details and menu. But whoever seemed pretty adamant on texting me all day. Seemed a bit strange for someone to have such dedication for not much cause.

Thank you for the assurance. KCCO!!!!

more reason to have a separate phone for the hobby with no link to your name

a 7 11 phone

I have not done this yet but this makes me think it is important

Maybe it was someone who looked at this SP's phone and the SP had to make up a lie about someone posting her number by accident? Maybe a bf or family member? Just a thought, because it is strange the night before she answered and the next day they're threatening to call the cops.

Guest s*r***a**9

Same thing happened to me the other day. An SP that comes and goes....very tall, very hot young blonde...a diamond in the rough (not to mention any names). Ad looked legit...same wording and some of the same pics she used in the past. I texted "Hi is this ...--" and the reply I got was "No its the cops. Your number has been recorded and we'll be in touch".

Obviously its not the "cops" since the Wpg Police Service wouldn't say "cops". Just someone screwing around.

I had something similar happen except she kept on asking for e transfers. No cop talk but kept texting me saying that she needed money up front to meet. I'm from outta town so didn't know what to make of it. Seemed strange and now reading this post it seems like the same sp.

I would politely ask them to quit texting you or you will call the cops, there is nothing they can do to you but if the person on the other end keeps texting you can report it.

• Like 2

I think i know who your talking about but i don't think its the SP who was posting the ad if you type the phone number into google there are links to a kijiji ad trying to sell a gold chain saying it was his ex gfs with the same number. So it might be the SP ex "boyfriend" trying to scare people into giving him money. So no worries my friend.

To make a suggestion.... if you have an I-phone, download an app such as "text me". It allows unlimited text messages and even free long distance calling, all while being anonymous. You can get credits by purchasing them or by watching a bunch of dumb app videos.

Just get a dedicated mongering phone from 7-11. You can use it without giving an name.

If the number gets burned or you get a lot of hassle on it, just but a new sim card for $10, you might even be able to get new number on line.

I can't recall where I read this, but there have been reports of a text message scam with each text message being sent costing $5.00 or more per text. You won't know this until you get your phone bill and see the charges. Perhaps they simply wanted to get you to respond as many times as possible to rack up a hefty bill. Not certain how the person on the other end benefits from this, but it is a scam regardless.

That scam you're talking about isn't a scam, I don't think. It was someone texting an American number, without having US texting in their cell plan. So unfortunate, but I don't think it was an intentional scam by the SP.