Editing posts - 48 Hour timelimit.

Guest Ou**or**n

Thanks mod! Your work on the start of a long weekend is much appreciated.

Edited by Ou**or**n
Fixed embarrassing misspelling of mod :)

Mod, could this thread get sticky status, and added to the Newbie Forum ?

Hopefully you will get less "nobody told me" problems.

48 hours is a good compromise.

Edited by Suzirider
added last line/ test edit

Mod, could this thread get sticky status, and added to the Newbie Forum ?

Hopefully you will get less "nobody told me" problems.

48 hours is a good compromise.

Good Idea! I will move it over.

Guest O***wa**W

Darn, I wondered why I couldnt find the edit button next to an old posting of mine I need to edit. I thought I was going crazy.

is editing for content as well as careless behaviour? I need to learn how to use it. Ya orange and black.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest S***e

Where, oh where has my "edit" button gone??? Am I the only one who can no longer edit for my spelling mistakes etc.? I normally do not edit my content. Can we no longer "edit"?

Where, oh where has my "edit" button gone??? Am I the only one who can no longer edit for my spelling mistakes etc.? I normally do not edit my content. Can we no longer "edit"?

I too have noticed this as earlier today I posted a recommendation and was unable to edit it after posting??

Guest W***ledi*Time

This has just been changed due to abuse of the editing privilege.

Mod explains this on a thread where a member used the editing feature to delete the entire contents of his key posts:

The original question and comments on this post have been removed. Up until today the elite members could go back and edit previous posts, doing this obviously causes holes in the site (and in my eyes is abusing this ability) so I have removed the ability for elite members to go back and edit posts past the 24 hours window. I hate holes in the site like this!!

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=170792#post170792

Without your edit button it just may end up that others just may not post as much as they like too. But make sure when hit the reply button it is what you want to say. ;)

That certainly will apply to me. I will not post as much as, likely significantly less as it will be more time consuming to post now, not to mention if I had a change of heart about something I can't change my post. Likely may be those who abused the privilege should get the warning rather than all of us paying the price. My view anyways.

Additional Comments:

As a suggestion, it may be nice to have a narrow one hour editing window to proofread after post and get rid of mis-spells or grammer mistakes. This would be particularly important to those whose first language may not be English lol.

You should still be able to edit the post up to 24 hours after originally posting it. I suspect you can all not do this??

Guest W***ledi*Time
You should still be able to edit the post up to 24 hours after originally posting it. I suspect you can all not do this??

Edit button is now back! I have an edit button for this post, but not for the post I made this afternoon on this thread. Thanks mod!

Thanks WIT - I was just working on that. I just don't want people to be able to go back a month later and delete post content (Like what happened last week) that really makes a mess of the site.

Guest S***e

Excellent!! Thanks Mod...more often than not my fingers are disconnected from my brain, hence the spelling mistakes, typos and occasionally "foot in mouth disease" on my part! LOL

Edited by S***e
Typo and to see that "edit" works...it does!

I had just recently made a mistake on the location of an ad.Meaning to place it in NB but did Ottawa.So I noticed there was no delete, so i edited it and posted it as an apology to correct it.I hope that was the correct method to fix that announcement?

I had just recently made a mistake on the location of an ad.Meaning to place it in NB but did Ottawa.So I noticed there was no delete, so i edited it and posted it as an apology to correct it.I hope that was the correct method to fix that announcement?

LOL another lady from the East coast that may have Ottawa on her mind! Its all good!

Mod I noticed that when posting comments on profiles and pictures the edit button has disappeared, is there a reason for this? I like fixing typo's ;). Perhaps there was something mentioned prior but I did not see anything.

it was removed cause one of the elite members who had this ability abused it.

it was removed cause one of the elite members who had this ability abused it.

Mod, please do not penalize the rest of us because of the actions of one elite member. The offending member should be warned ...

Sorry this was not the first time. I am not penalizing anyone I am simply making an adjustment for everyone to prevent this from happening in the future. We have another lady very upset cause one of the elite members who had this ability decided to go back and delete all the nice comments. This is the same as going back and deleting the threads... it's just not cool. I would like to trust everyone that they would not do this and you would think that a elite member would not do this... but again someone did. It's just better to turn off the feature at this time.

one of the elite members who had this ability decided to go back and delete all the nice comments. This is the same as going back and deleting the threads...

You would think that an "elite member" would know better than to do something like that, way to set an example! Thank you so very much! Yes sarcasm is implied.

two elite members did this to the same girls photo comments. she was very upset. this is the right choice so we prevent this in e future.