Regarding friends on CERB

After accepting a friend request today from a very special someone (you know who you are!) I looked over and realized that I have over 70 friends. Awhile back, someone posted a comment saying that he/she decided to remove anyone they had not yet met from their friend list. Just curious...am I missing something???

I find it quite flattering when someone requests to be added to my friend list and would feel most guilty refusing them. Perhaps some use it as a tool to remember who is who?

Can anyone enlighten me on the true purpose of the friend thing on here?

My thoughts of this are simple, social sites friends are viewed in many ways, I love when people add me as a friend either here or on FB and for them to search for me depending on how long it took them, means alot only as they were thinking about me. Unless they are a creeper or something I won't accept them lol. I love networking with so many people in the world. You never know where you will end up in life personally and financially if you never reach out to people other than your own network. I like to gain from every experience I come across with members on Cerb or in life itself.

But to your point, it is totally normal for people to randomly add you even if they never have seen you, heard of you, or no you....For ppl who have facebook it happens quite a lot.

It is there for what ever meaning you attach to it.

I use my friends list as to people I have met and those I feel comfortable to recommend to others. Plain and simple.

LOL thanks renegade....was not the purpose but what the heck. Just curious as to other people's take on the whole thing. I am on the same wave lenght as Tony....I like people and the more I get to know the more interesting my life will be!!!

Guest s******ecan****

My friends list includes

• Ladies I have met
  • Ladies I have chatted with about possible encounters that have not yet happened
  • Some of the guys I have gotten to know through the threads
  • Some of the ladies I have gotten to know through the threads

I like the friends feature because if I want to PM any of these people I can find them quicker here than through the member search feature.

Guest S***e
My friends list includes

• Ladies I have met
  • Ladies I have chatted with about possible encounters that have not yet happened
  • Some of the guys I have gotten to know through the threads
  • Some of the ladies I have gotten to know through the threads

I'm pretty much the same Scott. I've never refused a friendship request, but I have been refused by a couple of SPs for reasons not explained to me. I suspect it is because I have not yet seen them. Fair enough I guess as that is their choice or policy for which I am neither offended nor concerned. I'm always happy to make new friends whether in person or here on CERB.

I always accepted a friend request and if I have made the request myself it is simply because I have some type of connection with you or I find the sp or MA to my liking and this way it reminds me where to look when I want to try someone new. That being said I have not made a friend request in a long time and I am going to do this very soon.

.......I find it quite flattering when someone requests to be added to my friend list and would feel most guilty refusing them. Perhaps some use it as a tool to remember who is who?

I am glad Meg has a liberal policy on being friends. I am proud to be one of Meg's friends, even though I have never personally met her....yet. Being her friend makes it easier to follow her posts and her ever changing loyalty to hockey teams

:-P

Guest S***e

Yeah...and don't hold your breath waiting for another CFL football team in Ottawa any time soon it would seem. Last fall to get my football fix I was going to Carleton U and U of O to watch their home games and to the Nepean Sportsplex to watch jr. football.

HA HA wellie....once the bruins are gone so am I! You think my loyalties change now...wait until football season LOL

Guest S***e

Some great junior football to be had around here Meg for sure.

Yeah...not much into cfl anyways....love jr football in ottawa tho

Last fall to get my football fix I was going to Carleton U and U of O to watch their home games and to the Nepean Sportsplex to watch jr. football.

Hummm....how did the Ravens football team do last year? :cry:

Just bugging ya! There were some JR games played at Carleton though!

There are 3 junior teams in Otown...Jr Riders, Cumberland Panthers and the Ottawa Sooners....all a good bet for great football!

• Like 1

It is there for what ever meaning you attach to it.

I think this sums it up - it is different for everyone.

I do not want to just limit my friends to people I have met - otherwise when it comes to the men, I am basically parading a list of my clients from CERB. Unless someone's posts are vulgar or creep me out, I don't see any harm in accepting a friend request.

I find it a compliment in a way that they are thinking of me.

A friendship request by me indicates that I am truly interested in getting to know that special someone better. I tend to try to find someone with the right chemistry that rocks my world so that I can repeat often:-)

Yep I'm the same way...if I make a friend request I'm seriously interested in the chemistry!

Posted via Mobile Device