Ottawa - East end prostitution sweep nets 16 suspected male clients

So it took 23 officers to charge 16 guys over a 2 day period?

I think this is the real reason the guy says 'we weren't sure how to proceed'. Um, how about not doing it at all, since one of the overturned laws specifically talks about public solicitation meaning they shouldn't be doing these stings anyway.

They have plenty of other nuisance laws, if the businesses are 'screaming' about unwanted traffick, including loitering, pandering or whatever other city bylaw infractions one can get for just hanging around in front of a 7-11

With all this happening, why do we need a new law? I don't get it! Someone, please, explain.

Because without this new law, the government can't lie to the people by saying that there will be 'no' laws once Dec comes and the laws overturned by the SCC are no longer on the books. Fact is, there are plenty of laws, to deal with everything anyone complains about when it comes to sex work, either street based, or indoors.

"in Gatineau where a recent a major operation found the average age of sex slaves there was 18 years old"

Back that up with facts please.

Because I don't believe it at all.

This is why people do not respect the police. How can you respect someone who makes stuff up like this? An honest person with integrity would present a reasonable argument. These guys are willing to say anything, no matter how absurd, to advance their cause.

"in Gatineau where a recent a major operation found the average age of sex slaves there was 18 years old"

Back that up with facts please.

Because I don't believe it at all.

This is why people do not respect the police. How can you respect someone who makes stuff up like this? An honest person with integrity would present a reasonable argument. These guys are willing to say anything, no matter how absurd, to advance their cause.

I noticed that in the latest press release regarding the huge nationwide investigation into trafficking of sex workers, they did not give a number as to how many they actually found, which leads me to believe it was none/not many, or they would have been bragging about it. They reported other crimes they found in the process of investigating to justify their efforts. Can't remember the exact article - might have been from Calgary?

I just don't get some of it ,I mean I understand targeting underage gals and I get nailing sex slave holders what I don't get is if it is two consenting adults choosing to spend their time together in whatever manner they choose how is it anyone else's business. When they send these female cops out and lure gents in well to me that's just wrong. Somehow people think that if a lady chooses to be an excort well she must be some drug addict or drunk that is not true for some they go on these dates for the attention the fun and the experience for others it honestly pays bills or school or everyday life things. All this saving them from themselves crap is a load many many ladies know what they are doing and do not need all that negative attention around their necks. Sorry I know I am ranting but there are so many more urgent things in this city that the police could focus on (violence at bus stations, drugs the amount of homeless abused by people ) I could go on obviously. Well that is my 2 cents anyhow.

I still can't understand any guy who is still seeking ladies who work on the street. This is still illegal under the laws struck down AND will also be illegal under the new laws.

• Like 1

I still can't understand any guy who is still seeking ladies who work on the street. This is still illegal under the laws struck down AND will also be illegal under the new laws.

I think that some guys literally do not know about advertising, and incalls, except for massage parlours or agencies. The idea that the street workers may also post or pay for online/paper ads and they could just phone them up, and go directly to their incall is lost on them.

Also, for guys dealing primarily with streetworkers, and those lower rates, they actually are afraid to call and knock on a door and go inside, of what they might find, or being assaulted, or robbed. They figure if they can see the sp, and control the location (their car), they are ahead of the game, can't be scammed or robbed.

To a certain extent, it is pretty logical.

I think that some guys literally do not know about advertising, and incalls, except for massage parlours or agencies. The idea that the street workers may also post or pay for online/paper ads and they could just phone them up, and go directly to their incall is lost on them.

Also, for guys dealing primarily with streetworkers, and those lower rates, they actually are afraid to call and knock on a door and go inside, of what they might find, or being assaulted, or robbed. They figure if they can see the sp, and control the location (their car), they are ahead of the game, can't be scammed or robbed.

To a certain extent, it is pretty logical.

I think this is driven primarily by the cost.. it's cheaper.

In my opinion.

I think this is driven primarily by the cost.. it's cheaper.

In my opinion.

If incall sps weren't now offering 50/60 buck 15-30 minute FS 'specials' i would agree with you.

But that range is not unusual for lowtrack outdoor/cardate sps. But even sme outdoor sps, saying mid track (assuming there is no high track anymore) know they can still get 100 if not more for car action for FS. And this is not GFE, for the most part, not really roomy for that kind of thing lol.

Then neither of the above can account for the sps who specifically post online ads, with phone numbers, offering both incall and cardates. like if you have an incall, why are you offering to have the guy come to your incall, you step outside of it, get into his car, do the date, then go back inside? Makes no logical sense for a guy to choose cardate over an incall that is also available, with no $ incentive.

If incall sps weren't now offering 50/60 buck 15-30 minute FS 'specials' i would agree with you.

But that range is not unusual for lowtrack outdoor/cardate sps. But even sme outdoor sps, saying mid track (assuming there is no high track anymore) know they can still get 100 if not more for car action for FS. And this is not GFE, for the most part, not really roomy for that kind of thing lol.

Then neither of the above can account for the sps who specifically post online ads, with phone numbers, offering both incall and cardates. like if you have an incall, why are you offering to have the guy come to your incall, you step outside of it, get into his car, do the date, then go back inside? Makes no logical sense for a guy to choose cardate over an incall that is also available, with no $ incentive.

I don't doubt that you know what your saying i would have just thought it was a cost difference... thanks for the additional information.