Getting my ducks in a row.....easier to run the bastards down if they don't listen!!!

Tom,

I am deeply saddened by the fact that our paths (and other things ;)) never crossed in person. But I am very thankful for the conversations we've shared. You have been and continue to be an incredibly inspirational person to me. Your zest for life, your ability to see the good in every situation, no matter how stressful.

You will be greatly missed... And not just by your naughty nurses :) by this community, by the world over, and by me.

I will raise a glass to you anytime.

All my love! Xoxo

• Like 4

Why is this in the "Fun stuff" forum? This isn't fun at all!...

I'm with Phaedrus - there's no category for what you're going through Tom. Your sense of humour and humanity have given us insight into your unique journey.

I've been wrestling a little bit about how to appropriately respond to your thread. Here I stand in naked awkwardness trying to make you feel better. In reality, it's you who is probably better equipped to make your friends here more at ease. You've already done this with your diary. A very good idea to keep us up to date.

Your thread deals with subject matter which makes us all have to look at an uncomfortable reality. If one is a believer in fate or destiny, then we all have a date marked on a calendar somewhere. Small comfort I know....sorry everyone :icon_biggrin: !

Have I got all my ducks in a row?....some of 'em....not all.

Tom, what do you plan to do with your future days?

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear this, you've put up an amazing fight but still keep up that fight! ... Never know what could happen.

I've had family members with cancer, so know all to well about it.

But still keep posting on here and keep you're glass and spirits up!

Cheers.

• Like 1

You are an amazing human being and such a true inspirtation to so many people. I wish you all the best! Lots of peace & harmony. We all will miss you very much! See you on the other side, I will make sure to bring with me a shot of Malt :). You are a very strong and brave gentleman, Im glad to have met you in my life xoxo

• Like 3

I had myself suitably convinced that I would never read this update. I figured you would just pop up and say that everything worked out.. That's hoe positive of a person you are - it's contagious. I'm sorry that isn't the case. So so sorry.

But that's enough of that. Take the time you have and grab it by the short and curlies. Keep that smile. Drink more. Eat more. Swear more. ..or don't. You've come this far you're obviously pretty good at it. I'll keep thinking of you. Thanks for being a constant on the board and around the community. You're in our hearts

And our pants.

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

theliquor,

We've never met but it breaks my heart to read your thread. I've been following your story for a while and it's safe to say you've been a huge inspiration to many here. I have no doubt that with your outlook you will be strong until the end.

I have said many times before, that - your courage, outlook and fighting spirits are an inspiration to us all.

I wish you all the best and that you have the necessary strength to carry on.

• Like 2