Can you send me examples please, if i can see this first hand i can usually find a way to fix.

Cache is a problem right now, that will clear in a few days for those who do not know how to clear it. Also the 301 redirects are now in place so broken links for most should work, if not send me examples and i will adjust the htaccess for 301 redirects. I thought i got them all but probably forgot a few and will patch as we go forward. I wish it was just a button to push but this is very complex.

Here is an example: http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157910

The link you made in that post that says "CLICK HERE" is now a broken link, instead of redirecting. The censor changed your link from c-erb.ca to lyla.ca before it could redirect.

And again, the links in this Sticky post you made, don't work anymore either: http://www.lyla.com/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=31&a=10

It is site wide. Every single internal link posted before today within the site that had "c-erb" in the url will not redirect to lyla because of the censor is changing "c-erb" to lyla, but not fixing the .ca to .com. So every single link within any threads or posts right now that still says "c-erb.ca is going to lyla.ca before the 301 redirect can redirect it to lyla.com. The censor needs to be altered to detect "c-erb.ca" and change it to "lyla.com" instead of just changing "c-erb" to "lyla" because it is sending c-erb.ca to lyla.ca

Also, another example: my ad from two days ago. The photos should still work, but they don't because the censor is changing the image urls to lyla.ca instead of allowing the redirect to do it's thing.

It's not a htaccess issue, is a censor issue.

• Like 1

I may be dating myself here, but I used to be a member of the old Lyla.com. I had thought that it's gone completely offline, and then all of a sudden I got an email coming from Lyla.com. I was thinking what happened, did the site just come back from the dead, and somebody is sending me a message from the old site, and does my account on the old site still exist? Then I realized it was actually Cerb. Well, everything that's old is new again.

As for the Urbandictionary definition of Lyla, that's a completely new one to me. Back in the old days, Lyla was just a very sexy exotic girl's name. Kinda like Jasmine, or Bella, etc. The Urbandictionary definition makes it sound like a bridesmaid type of name -- not how I would interpret a name like Lyla. It has some common heritage with Laila, or Lola.

Tapatalk has not been updated yet

Any idea on when Tapatalk will be back up and running for the site... it has been my primary access point.

• Like 1

"So... We are bringing back LYLA.COM as we need a NON CANADIAN DOMAIN NAME for this site."

Does this mean that all the words will become visible again, instead of the annoying dots? Curious.

I type in cerb and it automatically re-routes me to lyla. Seems pretty smooth for me, but as mentioned there may be the odd straggler out there that hasn't been linked over yet (my technical terms suck!).

Now, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not knowing this board as well as I should considering I've been a member for some years. There are nooks and crannies that are not new, but I have never read or visited before. This is a great time to give myself a sort of grand tour to familiarize myself with the old and new.

Too bad we don't have any ghost stories or local Lyla urban legends like on a physical tour of a historical building :D

• Like 1

Thanks, Mod, for your tireless efforts jumping through hoops to keep this great site available for us during this transition. It's well-appreciated.

Just one question - and I hate to bring it up:

Are secure connections working for other folks? Since Wednesday night, I haven't been successful, no matter what I do. Cleared cache, cookies, history, used two browsers - no go! PMs also welcome.

Thanks in advance,

FR

Additional Comments:

P.S. Besides the above and the dots, everything looks peachy around here. :biggrin: Kudos again!

I get an error when trying https as well.

https://lyla.com via Firefox...

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to lyla.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

I was a member of the old Lyla's list. She (Joyful Spirit) is a legend and a hero ahead of her time. I regret never meeting her in person.

I can't remember my handle on the old board, but it may have been esoterica.

I'm glad to see the old name back in use.

• Like 2

I was a member of the old Lyla's list. She (Joyful Spirit) is a legend and a hero ahead of her time. I regret never meeting her in person.

I can't remember my handle on the old board, but it may have been esoterica.

I'm glad to see the old name back in use.

I'm just getting used to typing Lyla rather than Cerb in the address bar. Any idea how long Cerb is still going to be supported as an alias to Lyla?

I'm just getting used to typing Lyla rather than Cerb in the address bar. Any idea how long Cerb is still going to be supported as an alias to Lyla?

Now that the redirect is set up, I don't see why Mod would remove it. So my guess would be... indefinitely.

Now that the redirect is set up, I don't see why Mod would remove it. So my guess would be... indefinitely.

Some of the other sites have removed their original name redirects already.

No need to remove it. If the powers that be take the .ca domain name it will stop working one day but by then everyone will know it's lyla.com and google will change all the links because of the correct 301 redirects I used for the move.