How to post recomendation (New Moderated Member)

I just asked you to be careful how you word it so that people know it is not a shill. Your Avatar is of a sexy women (Possibly you). I am just giving you a "heads up" as the guys here will not all check your profile to see you are a hobbyist (They will assume you are a SP with a name and Avatar like you have).

I said you could post the recommendation once out of the moderation period as long as you word it in a way to let everyone know in the post that you are a customer and not a SP shilling for another SP (We have had problems with that in the past).

Sorry if I sounded "less than welcoming" that was not my intention.

I am just giving you a "heads up" as the guys here will not all check your profile to see you are a hobbyist (They will assume you are a SP with a name and Avatar like you have).

Worst then that: many ladies join, take the default option and just leave their profile as 'Hobbiest'.

Guys, me included, would just ignore that setting. If you have a sexy avatar, as you do Betti Payge :grin:, we will just assume you are a SP unless we get to talk to you before hand.

I.e. mod's "heads up" is dead on.

Having said that I look forward to your recommendation ;-)

the default option and just leave their profile as 'Hobbiest'.

Yes, that was such a problem I actually removed that as the default a while ago... but also a lot of the guys just assume if it's a lady with a sexy pic she must be a provider. I am sure Betti gets PM's asking for rates and info... .if not yet she will over time for sure.

The CERB boards are a joy to use. Good job on keeping a tight grip on the newbs, the rules are clear and make a lot of sense.

Keep up the good work.

New moderated accounts can not start NEW recommendations but they can add comments to existing ones (MEG'S REC IS HERE: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?ltr=M&t=18300)

Only 1 recommendation thread per lady (Unless she works in multiple cities) is permitted as well so starting a NEW one for Meg would be breaking the rules.

Finally... keep in mind that this is not a review board. It's a recommendation board. (You leave out the ratings and the "cons" if any and focus on just the good stuff).

Mod, I did nor know what to expect when I created my account but am pleasantly surprised by the tone (positive!) And your respectful moderation work. I admit being fustrated bt the probation period, but your explaination makes a lot of sense!

So my first newbie post is for you! Good work.

• Like 1

Mod, I did nor know what to expect when I created my account but am pleasantly surprised by the tone (positive!) And your respectful moderation work. I admit being fustrated bt the probation period, but your explaination makes a lot of sense!

So my first newbie post is for you! Good work.

I remember feeling frustrated by the probation period, but you know, this board is so full of interesting discussions, word games, threads about music, etc that it really isn't hard to get past it. Plunge in and enjoy.

Porthos

Hi Mod!

Can I remove a post that I posted?

You cannot per se remove a post, but you can edit your post. There is I believe a 24 hour timeframe for doing that

If you wish your post removed/deleted, click on the edit button icon, then go in and delete what you wrote.

But you should leave a comment "post deleted" and maybe the reason, so when people go into the board they won't see a white screen with no post

Keep in mind if someone responds to your post before you edit it, and they quote you, your original post shows up in their post

RG

• Like 2

5 posts it is, then. Sorry Amanda from yourMGF, but it is going to take a little while before I can post a recommendation for you :-)

I like the idea of a probation period but wouldn't it be more effective to have a flag option on posts, especially from new accounts? I guess if the account is fake, they can rack up 5 posts in 5 days fairly easy. However, someone who does not frequent many SP's but has found a gem of a person with no existing review must wait before posting.

I have zero problem with the 5 post, 5 day rule. I think it does two things - keeps the shills away and encourages people to begin to be part of a community.

This thread reminds me of

. Patience, people.

Mod,

I have a recommendation for an SP that works pretty much equally in two different cities. It seems that two recommendation threads are allowed in this case but is it appropriate for me to create these two recos (copy & paste)?

Also, I was wondering if there was any policy limiting the length of the recos. I have seen her a few times and really found a lot to say.

Well, I'm not Mod, but... :)

Most people post the reco in the reco section for the city where the encounter took place. Yes, this means that some traveling ladies end up with several small reco threads rather than one long one.

I'm not aware of any length limit, except the site-wide limit on post length (10000 characters, I think). If you hit that, I guess you could always wait 24 hours (or for someone else to reply) and then post part 2.

• Like 1

Phaedrus beat me to the answer. If you have seen her in each city then you could post but others would suspect you are a shill for doing this. I know you want to help the lady out but if she deserves the rec's someone else in the other city will post one for her.

Nope, OVER 5 PUBLIC POSTS in total and a MINIMUM 5 days as a member. Pm's, guestbook entries, photo comments, etc.. DO NOT count as posts. - You are up to 3 with this post needfun.

• Like 1

Thanks mod. That clears things up. Speaking of commenting on pics., I can't seem too find a way to do that. Is that because I'm moderated?

Oh, Right. I think I disabled that for moderated accounts due to some guys abusing it and causing issues for us.