John Ivison: Ontario government may fire first shot at Tory prostitution law

It would be great of the Ontario Government or one of the other provinces showed the leadership politically on this issue and took the actual rights and interests of sex workers into consideration... it was these rights that the Supreme Court identified and stood up for when it struck down the previous laws so our political leaders should show at the very least the same level of understanding and concern as our judicial leaders have.... an individual's right to safety is not something that should be used for political reasons.... Be the leaders we Canadians deserve and do what is right send this law to its earliest possible judicial review and don't put even one sex worker at risk.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

It seriously seems like the antis/abolitionists are scrambling now. They figured done deal, and it must sting to see that the major Canadian cities refuse to comply, major advertising venues refuse to comply, heck many LE services refuse to comply. I'm not sure about Montreal, but do seem to have a thought that they weren't going to comply either?

• Like 3

What about enforcement on the east coast? I haven't heard anything about their stance yet.

drlove, I hope I am not being naïve and stupid here but its my true feeling not a lot will change . Yes of course we ladies are changing the way we advertise and poor gents are trying to get used to this.

I am certain that Halifax LE has no more interest in you or me that they did a year ago. I would be very stupid to think LE is not aware of my comings and goings. My ads and pictures are out there for the world to see. As long as we manage our affairs correctly we will be fine. Ladies continue to run a low volume and discreet in service if you have one.

Gents do your home work. If you are in doubt call myself or another established lady for advise. Just because she is new we may know her and can steer you in the right direction.

I feel it is paramount at this delicate time for us to band together, we can unite as a community and make things just as good as they were . Different words, perhaps a bit more due diligence but that is all.

Strong forces can't be beaten and as long as we stick together we will be fine.

That can also mean putting past petty differences behind us and banding together , no matter what.

• Like 2