What's one food you can't get yourself to eat?

I had lobster last weekend. You should have seen my daughter trying to crack them. It was her first time eating lobster and couldn't believe I was using only a pair of pliers, a heavy knife and a fork to open em up.

But they were delicious, especially with the steak, beer and corn on the cob.... Mmmmmmm...

And yes, I am a Maritimer, Cape Bretoner in fact.... love all seafood....

Edited by bucken
typo

while I don't detest it, I am with Emma...the first solid food I ever had was lobster...to this day I can take it but sooner leave it. Give me snow crab anyday!

I can't eat Lasagna, I was sick on it has a kid, the cheese was bad and now just the look of it is making me gag.

Pickles on hamburger, was sick too on this when I was a kid we ate at McDonald and then went to LaRonde in Montreal was sick and all I could taste was the pickles.

Don't like grapes or rasions! Anything scented green apple makes me sick. I don't eat raw mushrooms, but I will eat them cooked. Same goes for tomatoes. Can't stand the smell of fish or anything from the sea, as I am allergic to it. Don't care for honey either, nor brussel sprouts. I won't eat moose nose or bumguts, or marrow either, yuck! Those are traditional native foods, but can't stand em.

moose nose or bumguts,

what? lol... I can picture a moose nose but what is bumguts.. either sounds awful.

I used to work in an office where a guy would eat chicken feet at his desk at lunch... eek!!!

Mine are liver and brussel sprouts! I think I'm going to throw just thinking about them!!!! BLECH!!! They used to serve liver and onions with a side of brussel sprouts every Friday at the school I went to in Hampstead, fortunately I used to use the "I'm Catholic!" line so I could get haddock instead. The smell though in the lunch hall was bloody repulsive. My parents hated liver, so that was never an issue at home, but they loved brussel sprouts. As soon as I would get home and smell that coming from the kitchen, the fight between my mum and I was on!!!

I will eat pretty much anything.

I love macaroni and cheese but hate Kraft Dinner. The powdered cheese crap is disgusting.

I love chinese food but not chop suey.

I love to fish but hate eating it. Although Red Snapper is awesome.

Guest o*****a*****r

Mine... and I'm dating myself but these were very popular in the 70's:

1.Powdered Milk (remember when you got a lump/chunk while drinking it? YUCK!)

2.Tang (Many of us thought this was really orange juice back then... do they still sell the stuff?)

3. Yes Liver and Onions, another regular dish in the 70's... would NEVER serve this to my children as it's now considered unhealthy due to all the "bad" fat/cholesterol.. lol! Aren't they lucky lol!

On a side note for the Maritimers, my Grandfather used to eat Cod fish heads and just the noises he made while eating have turned me off and scarred me for life from ever trying this :wink:

OTC

what? lol... I can picture a moose nose but what is bumguts.. either sounds awful.

I used to work in an office where a guy would eat chicken feet at his desk at lunch... eek!!![/QUOte] bumguts are the guts off the moose and its a delicacy to some

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest S**r***e

I dislike seafood of any kind. No lobster, crab, shrimp, fish or anything of the sort. Can't stand the smell of it and the taste is worse. I also don't like liver and spinach is way up there as well. There is so much I could list here that I could go on forever. Apparently I am a picky eater. I don't think so. Give me a steak, some mashed taters and corn on the cob and you won't hear a single complaint from me!

I have eaten squid, seal, walrus blubber, gull eggs, porcupine, squirrel, black bear, camel, kangaroo, emu, ants, wild boar, snails and frogs, but the one thing I absolutely despise with a passion and every primordial ounce of my being is:

Onions - Literally and Figuratively.

Layer after layer, I HATE onions!! *puke my guts up emoticon*

That article was so true. I am not a picky eater at all, but I don't eat furry, cute, or intelligent. Only sea food or vegetarian for this girl. I could have a fling with a meat eater, but nothing serious. I love to cook, and I'm not cooking meat ! I also love vegetables, and fruit, all of them. If you don't, then way too high maintenance for me. If I have to worry about your likes and dislikes while I'm cooking, it takes all the fun right out of it (the exception being allergies)! I also think if you aren't willing to take chances with food, then what else are you stuck in? Food is fantastic and fun !!!

Cheese whiz is the grossest thing ever invented, yuck. I don't eat anything from a can or processed. I prefer fresh. I cook from scratch.

Kinda lady:)

I'm not a picky eater neither, I enjoy all veggies, fruits, and yes fresh foods and cooking/baking from scratch is the only way.

I do admit though, I like my red meats once and a while on the BBQ along with seafood.

Lastly food is fun, can also be a lot more fun used in a erotic way, from the kitchen to the bedroom :mrgreen:

That article was so true. I am not a picky eater at all, but I don't eat furry, cute, or intelligent. Only sea food or vegetarian for this girl. I could have a fling with a meat eater, but nothing serious. I love to cook, and I'm not cooking meat ! I also love vegetables, and fruit, all of them. If you don't, then way too high maintenance for me. If I have to worry about your likes and dislikes while I'm cooking, it takes all the fun right out of it (the exception being allergies)! I also think if you aren't willing to take chances with food, then what else are you stuck in? Food is fantastic and fun !!!

Cheese whiz is the grossest thing ever invented, yuck. I don't eat anything from a can or processed. I prefer fresh. I cook from scratch.

I thought I hated all veggies growing up until I got old enough to realize that I just didn't like my mothers cooking. Ever have broccoli boiled for so long that it's mushy and grey? Not pleasant. I love pretty well all veggies now. Not much I won’t eat. (Although I have to agree about liver!)

Guest C**Tra****er

I absolutely despise liver and eggplant. I'll eat pretty much anything else, and I love to try new things.

After reading WIT's article, I will admit that until recently I had never tried sushi, but I can now say that I love it! I didn't know what I was missing out on!

The liver horror.

I will not eat it.

When I was a kid, my grandpa had a farm. It was a fantastic place... but that being said, there are things that farmers understand that city folk and children do not. Farmers do not name animals for a reason.

My first experience with liver came at grandpa's farm. It smelled good. I wasn't keen on the taste and texture. I asked what it was, and grandma said "calf's liver." My eyes went wide. I excused myself from the table, put on my boots and coat and ran to the barn.

The stall where "my" calf had been was empty. I can never eat liver again.

Now that being said, we had burgers, roast beef and steak for the next two weeks and I was fine... that was generic meat.

That's why farmers don't name their animals.

For me it's plain white milk... ick.

You see years ago when I went to school in England, milk was left for us on the steps of the class rooms every morning. There it would sit to warm in the sun, to thicken and seperate. Birds would peck through the foil tops and drink the cream and then once it was truly warm and nasty it would be given to us to drink at mid morning break.

Udderly grossed out by milk, November

I absolutely abhor milk as well. When I was growing up we were babysat on a dairy farm....yuk right out of the bulk tank and into our bellies...I can just barely handle chocolat milk (and I am allergic to chocolat)

alot of liver bashers. Lol. For me, it's salt beef and cabbage. The rest of my newfie family salivate like rabbid dogs over the stuff, I just don't get it.

Posted via Mobile Device

Salt Beef RULES!! :P (as much as Cabbage sucks!)

...but as an alternative, I prefer emu (it's like salt beef but without the fat).

Cods tongues are yummy as well :)

I'm with November on the warmed milk. At school in Scotland they insisted on the milk being warmed on the rads - barffville.

Now, I love haggis, which is essentially a sausage with oatmeal, entrails etc.

And I love the organ meats - liver, kidneys, tripe.

Since I left Scotland I have not been able to stand deep fried food in batter, not even a deep fried Mars Bar!!! The grease makes me choke.

It also explains why Glasgow is the heart attack city of Europe.

I struggle with black olives.

Maybe I should try them deep fried in batter!! lol

Now, I love haggis, which is essentially a sausage with oatmeal, entrails etc.

Alba gu bragh!!!!! Haggis is a universally despised food that everyone hates before trying... I am with you Daddio... it's fantastic!

Alba gu bragh!!!!! Haggis is a universally despised food that everyone hates before trying... I am with you Daddio... it's fantastic!

Gotta go with both of you on this one... Outstanding.....

Guest C****** K***e

Spaghetti Squash and cooked carrots. I love raw carrots, but cook them and I just hate them. I will pick them out of soup.

I also have a weird relationship with onions...I don't mind the taste of things cooked with onions, but I don't like the actual onions. In my perfect world, perogies would be fried with onions, then all the onions would be picked off before being served to me.

And I personally LOVE Kraft Dinner. Always have.