What's one food you can't get yourself to eat?

Both of my parents are very good cooks and everything they made was very good, yes even their liver and onions were good. There are a couple things I will avoid:

-Mangoes

-Corned beef

-Chocolate

-Headcheese

-Blood Sausage, sounds gross for the right reason.

-I never order lobster...but king crab legs....mmmmmm

-Seldom buy fish, always have fresh caught pickerel on hand along with smoked goldeyes and catfish.

-Never tried a fish head and never will

Almost all of my meals are home cooked, I bring my little George Forman grill with me and cook full meals in my small hotel room. It`s healthier and leaves a few extra dollars for other fun activities:boobies:!!

My carrots rock! So I`m told. I cook them in butter, frozen orange juice and fresh ground ginger root, YUM.

head-cheese, tripe...pretty much anything that contains innards...it doesn't matter how its cooked, just knowing thats what it is is enough to make me run to the washroom covering my mouth, lol

Ah, oui, tete-du-fromage!! My grand-pere used to eat that He said he'd try anything once - including beaver!!! I remember my grand-mere cooking things for him like pig's feet, chicken's feet, cow tongue, blood pudding, pork fat (and jelly), and fried kidneys, just to name a few! Fried kidneys with garlic isn't bad but the rest of those dishes...yuccch!!!

He lived to be 85 and died from a reaction to penicillin. He smoked, ate white bread with gobs of butter and ate meat and potatoes at every meal - they don't make people like that anymore!!!

OOOOh catfish...we do corned beef and cabbage (spellin?) YUMMO

Meg...just to hear you say: "oh oh oh Catfish"...made this whole thread worth it! Lol. Thanks.

Posted via Mobile Device

I ate kraft dinner while babysitting my neices a few months ago and woke up the next morning and puked 8 or 9 times. i cannot look at it without wanting to puke again.

Another one would be cottage cheese. Disgusting.

I have never tried peanut butter, I have hated the smell of it for as long as I can rememver and because of that I have never been able to actually taste it. Who knows I might love the taste but due to the smell I will never know.

Same here. but I know I would not like it. Also, papaya, mushrooms, shrimp and most of sea food.

I have never tried peanut butter, I have hated the smell of it for as long as I can rememver and because of that I have never been able to actually taste it. Who knows I might love the taste but due to the smell I will never know.

Haggis, being of Scottish heritage my grandparents were always trying to get me to eat it. YUCK!

Och lass!!!! Have ya ever tried it???? It is really quite good!!!!

Now if you were talking plain recognizable organ meat I would agree... but haggis is delectable!!!

Guest **ng***1

Once again Liver. For me and I am like "Mikey" I'll eat anything. But liver just makes me gag. Even if it is smothered in onions or prepared "differently" as some have tried to convince me, I just can't eat it.

I had a bad experience with oysters one time when I was at a restaurant and that night I was on the bathroom floor in the fetal position crying like a baby. I stayed there all night and looked and felt like hell the next morning. I have not eaten them since.

Guest s******ecan****

Not a big fan of the "boiled course", with perhaps the exception of Thai Curries and of course some typs of shellfish.

Give me suateed, roasted, baked, grilled, seared, steamed....but please don't boil it!

I will not eat turnip unless served to me at a friends home, then I wash it down with water and its almost a gagger.

When I was a kid we ate this root 365 days a year. BLAH!!

Ohhh I am so with ya there.... being raised middle class and caucasian when I was, vegetables had the consistency of paste when prepared and stuff like turnip just made me want to puke... always had the consistency that made ya think that it had been pre-chewed and then served.... YUCK!

One day as I was driving in Montreal there was a sign over a tavern that said 1/2 price on Lobster' date=' Tail and Beer[/b']. It's too bad I was in a rush cause those are my 3 favorite things.lol

Aren't you from the East coast? you should love sea food.

To funny and yes they are 3 of my favorite things as well.

Now one thing I cannot bring myself to eat is oysters although I love the resemblance that they have to the female sex organ of which I just love eating. :mrgreen:

Guest ma*be***ag***

I am sort of stuck on this one too. I've never had a problem trying new things, even when I have traveled and seen some wierd stuff. Even stuff I have don't particularly care for (such as eggplant), I can still eat.

Och lass!!!! Have ya ever tried it???? It is really quite good!!!!

Now if you were talking plain recognizable organ meat I would agree... but haggis is delectable!!!

HAHAHA

I don't care how you prepare it, it is GROSE! I smelled it when my grandpa cooked it growing up and watched people eat it, and NO I will never let it touch my mouth EVER! YUCK!

But I love potatoes and cabbage! haha

HAHAHA

I don't care how you prepare it, it is GROSE! I smelled it when my grandpa cooked it growing up and watched people eat it, and NO I will never let it touch my mouth EVER! YUCK!

But I love potatoes and cabbage! haha

Are you sure you aren't Irish??? heheheheheh

Half and half! haha How'd you guess???

HEHE

Is it that obvious???

Cabbage and potatoes??? Throw in some whiskey and you have an Irish buffet!!!!