Defying the new law

Seams that several entities are defying the new prostitution bill. I think the new bill is bad and ever since CERB or LYLA has had the new rules, it has been pretty monotone.

There are already provinces that won't prosecute basically killing the new law before it begins.

If everyone defied the law then LYLA would not be in danger.

You think it is a risk worth taking ? What are your thoughts people...

I can't speak for him, but I don't think the MOD would appreciate this discussion on Lyla even if certain police departments have not made enforcing it a priority.

And until those laws are actually overturned, no one is 100% safe from prosecution. Which is why Lyla.com has taken the high road and is trying its best to stay within the letter of the law. And if "monotone" is the word you want to you, so be it.

I think many folks would rather be "monotone" than "explica-tone" right now.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 3

As an individual, I feel that I can manage my own risk in this regard and operate in such a manner that if we wake up tomorrow and find that oops.... the new law WILL be enforced, I'm okay.

In so far as a corporate entity like CERB/LYLA is concerned, the risks are much greater. Were it my business, I would operate as if the new law were, in fact, the new law until there was an official clear change.

It just takes one noisy persistent nut-job to raise a legal ruckus. I only see a few potential nut-jobs each day. CERB/LYLA is potentially exposed to thousands so not a risk I would take were I them.

Additional Comments:

I think many folks would rather be "monotone" than "explica-tone" right now.

Monotone looks so much better on me than prison orange. :)

• Like 8

Guest D***el B***e

I've always seen myself as a bit of a vanilla style, so I'm quite comfortable in a monotone world. Works for me! lol lol

I personally don't think I have any right to suggest or encourage anyone else to operate in a way that put them at risk regardless of how I might assess the risk and I don't think it would be appropriate to put that person into a position where they feel pressured to explain or support why they choose to operate in a particular way.

Certainly everyone has the right to decide if the new rules on this board make their involvement here less useful and then act according to their own needs.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Please note that I did not intend to judge or influence the MOD. I was just curious. This is a discution board after all, right :)

I chose the word "monotone" to describe the feel right now as every one is very narrow in their posts as to respects the rules. As people get more familiar with the new environment the posts will get more colorful. I believe it starting to already.

Personally, I'm more of a rebel, so I would go for defying the law. I don't feel that conforming to laws that are meant to help get votes that don't make sense or help the people it is targeted to should be followed.

I do support the mod's decision even if it's not the choice I would have made and I raise my hat to all the work he has done...

My 2 cents

My thoughts, frankly I'm getting kind of annoyed with the ones wanting to challenge the law, be it through their websites which they advertise on Lyla.com and their posts, but expect Mod and the owners to be the ones to stick their necks out legally speaking

Anyone so bold as to post in contravention of the new law, start up your board, and take the risks yourself. Even if your defiance is morally right, find out how many dollars it'll take to prove it in court. But don't expect someone else to stick their necks out for you. The risk taken is by lyla.com, not members posting in defiance of lyla.com policy

If I'm getting annoyed I can only imagine how pissed Mod must be getting by now

RG

• Like 1

Seams that several entities are defying the new prostitution bill. I think the new bill is bad and ever since CERB or LYLA has had the new rules, it has been pretty monotone.

There are already provinces that won't prosecute basically killing the new law before it begins.

If everyone defied the law then LYLA would not be in danger.

You think it is a risk worth taking ? What are your thoughts people...

No That would be silly.