A gentleman's opinion...

We ladies are a vain breed and I think that a lot of our beauty rituals are conducted solely because of other women!

My question is regarding finger nails although any comments about other female beauty issues will be welcome!

Do you prefer short nails, long but natural nails or beautifully maintained "gel" nails. Do you like no polish, clear polish or colour???

I am debating on going down the fake nail trail but want a bit of feedback before I commit! Nails, anyway you go, are alot of work!

Cheers!

My personal preference is natural, trimmed and clear polish. I'm not really into super heavy makeup or any of that either though so that might just be me. IMHO most women are beautiful just the way they are and only require a few small touches to accent what is already there.

Guest S***e

Clean, neatly trimmed, but not too short nor too long, natural with a coat of clear polish or not. I've been poked too many times over the years by overly long nails finger nails, not to mention deep puncture wounds to my back. I do like neatly trimmed and high gloss polished toe nails...taste great!

Meg you know me, I love colour nails, may it be your fingers or your toes, I love the colour look. Furthermore, natural trimmed nails on your fingers, but enough nail to scratch my......................back;)

IMHO, as long as they are clean and trimmed (ie not jagged), long, short.... colored, clear..... Not really important to me.

I usually miss this small detail.... Hair and general appearance is more important to me.... but not as important as the lady herself

None of my longterm partners have worn make up and I mean no makeup. A couple painted their toe nails but that's about it. I'm into the natural look so my answer would be clean and trimmed, no need to go to any fuss for me.

I'm extremely low maintenance...lol

Peace

Mr Green

Hi Meg!

Gel nails are sexy! I had them for 3 years, it is a major commitment. When they cracked or broke off, I would put a pretty bandaid on it, and wait to get in for a fix. It can be costly, but they are gorgeous.

Also, you CAN put nail polish on them, but make sure to use a clear coat layer first, so you dont get any color into any lifting areas of the gel nail. The polish and remover won't effect the gel, if you go to a certified Esthetician who uses LCN Gel. There are other types of artificial nail products, but I dont know about how they would react to the remover. You are best to ask before they put them on.

Some places, AKA: "Chop Shops" arent educated or certified, and they use acrylic, but call it gel. You cannot use nail polish or remover on these (acrylic) nails because it will remove the artificial nail.

Personally, I am done with Gel nails. I like to put a different color on every week, and would rather go golfing than get a fill!

Good luck!

My take on nails is that if we have just a quick meeting it does not matter about your nails but if we are to meet for over one hour it is appreciated but not necessary to have nail polish or fake nails on. A big turn on for me is a lady well dressed with hair and make up done and either a secretary look or a evening gown with open back or see thru top.

What is great is not long, but a little bit of nail just enough for a lite scratchy feeling, if they hit the right spot on the back, it brings out the goose bumps. Great feeling. Like the other men have said a woman who has a natural beauty, does not need to wear makeup, is really a turn on. Keep up the beauty Meg. Go girl.

Meg for me I prefer natural nails by far. They should naturally be trimmed but I love colour. You have such natural beauty that very little makeup is needed. Imagine how hard it would be to work in your flower gardens with gel nails. Only my two cents xoxo Piper.:-)

Guest S***dst***

Toe nails . short and trimmed ... colour I'm pretty indifferent

Finger nails . depends on the lady IMO.. colouring just needs to be subtle so it's not the first thing you see

Example...blond hair, blue eyes, fair skin tone, black/red lingerie..

yellow and green nails..

(ya a bit exagerated but to illustrate the point :P)

slender/longer fingered(?) hands generally seem sexier with short trimmed nails (my opinion)

It's really how the lady wears them (or uses them :wink: )

I like trimmed natural nails, a little long and with colour or clear nail polish, not trimmed flush with the end of the finger. Having said that French nails and well worn fake nails (not to long) are a turn on especially accompanied with 6-8 inch heels...

IMHO, I couldn't care less about a woman's nails. However, that's not an invitation for chewed up messy fingertips.

So I suppose that I'd have to just go with "Natural", since I wouldn't properly appreciate the amount of work that would be placed into fancy nails.

Just IMO :)

Guest f***2f***

hmmm don't really notice them much but I like the ones that are clear polish with about a mm of white and nicely shaped...is that French??

The nails should be well kept, but not overdone IMO. (Not too long or too colourful.) They should accent a woman but not steal the show so to speak. For some reason, I really like painted toe nails though. There is something about well groomed lady feet with red polish...(Maybe I'm developing a foot fetish???)

Guest C****** K***e

I am so jealous of people with nails that are long or even moderate. As a pianist, it drives me crazy to have any sort of nail at all...I cut mine almost down to the pink. I don't think I've ever grown them past the end of my finger.

I love painting them, though...my specialty is ostentatious colors: bright red is my favorite, followed by pretty much everything else!

I was right it's French....

I'm a sucker for French nails but honesty as long as they aren't bitten or have dirt under them its all good to me.

Yup, I love a french manicure and love natural nails, even if they are a little shorter. Fake nails look too thick and fake.

I don`t really have a preferrence. I think a smile is the best thing a woman can wear to enhance her natural beauty. Whatever makes you ladies feel good about yourselves is of the utmost importance. Happy=Sexy :D

• Like 1

I'm not entirely sure I qualify as a gentleman, but gosh-golly (I said that in my head like Goofy - you know? Like "Gorsh Mickey"? - it was pretty cute... although you probably had to be there) I'm gonna reply anyhow!

Although I have nothing wrong with women wearing make-up, hair-spraying their hair, doing their nails etc., (I understand why you do it) - I personally, don't get why we make you do it. I know it's the norm, but it's a strange thing to me.

If you don't know what I mean, imagine walking around the city and seeing all the men wearing heels, their hair all done up and sporting long painted nails... That picture is probably a little odd for most... For me it's the same with women... Okay, well, it's not really the same, I've been raised in this society too. I've learned that it's normal for women to do all of this, maybe even a requisite, but I disagree with it, and do my best to recongnize that these are requirements we've chosen for women.

IMNSHO, the most beautiful women on Earth are the ones going au natural. No make-up, no big hair, no long painted nails, no perfume... just women - all woman, and only woman. You ladies are beautiful without all of the fuss!

Women are naturally beautiful creatures.

Meg, your love of gardening and getting your hands dirty - HOT! :jackoff:

Chantal Kyrie, playing piano - HOT! :jackoff:

Meg, Chantal, I've seen your pictures up here - trust me, the last thing I'd be focusing on is your nails! Yikes! :bowdown:

That probably came off a little judgemental - I'm sorry if it did, I really didn't mean it in a bad way. I just disagree with women being made to feel that they need to wear make-up, have long, coloured nails and lose weight to be beautiful.

I'm very grateful that I don't have to do all that as a man, and I wish you didn't have to as women.

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

I think I speak for nearly (I'm sure there is a dirty ragged nail fetish out there somewhere) all when I say they should be clean and well maintained above all else.

With this in mind I would say the most important thing for me would be that the nails compliment the overall look of the Lady. I like dark rich colours so long as they are applied correctly and suit the ladies complexion etc.

For me, it's best to be all natural, clean and healthy. That also gives good first impression. Good hygiene.