Rant: clients who want discounts

Guest O***wa**W

I had a new potential client reply to an ad, and have been emailing back and forth with him a few times, discussing what I offer, and what his interests are, etc.

I sent him a list of all the services I do (and do not) offer.

He wrote back "There are a lot that I'm interested in. Is that price negotiable? I mean, you have needs too and I looooooooove nothing more than to please my partner!"

I wrote back "No, the price is not negotiable. This is a luxury service, if you dont want to pay it, look elsewhere."

He then replied " You seem to forget, there's a lot of competition out there. There are pages and pages of adds of women offering the same service you're offering.

With that attitude, good luck .. Sorry but I'll do just that. > Look elsewhere!"

I never know how to deal with men like this, and it drives me nuts! I hardly think sticking to my price means I have "an attitude". Am I off base?

Do other SPs find it offensive when men try to negotiate?

I think it happens all the time

I have given a discount , to many client (regulars usually )

They sincerely appreciated it , and don't take advance of it

After reading his reply ,

It was clear he was trying bullying you, to cheapen you .

Good for walking away. The phone will always ring .

Always stay Classy & Sexy

Be true to who u you are !

Cheers;

I know how you feel and don't be fooled. We all get this on a regular basis. Even after we put that our rates are non negotiable, they still feel the need to try anyways.. Stick to your gun girl!

Theres plenty of girls out there that offer what we do!! Good luck to him then because good honest service providers such as the Ladies on Cerb don't provide top services for nothing and i may be wrong in assuming this so sorry for offending anyone but most of us don't negotiate our rates. I think consistency is very important.

Sure a discount with regulars is a great way to make our clients feel good and appreciated. I for one have done this often and It doesn't bother me because they are valued customers. They see that we appreciate their business and companionship.

Good quality service providers (found on Cerb for sure) provide top notch services on a non rushed basis for a price. Were clean, respectful and are good at what we do. Our rate structure are set up so that we can provide those services to our clients. We are worth every penny.

Put your head up high and remember, there are plenty of clients out there that understand what quality is all about and they also respect our rates and are more then happy to pay for the quality that they deserve and often crave for..

It's no different then buying a good quality product versus a no name product at half price... Its all about quality.. For some, quality is not an issue but for many, quality is important..

Your phone will always ring as finewinediva said...

Just a little lesson i learned that i think might help you. The first few months of doing this, I actually told a few potential clients the same thing about my rates being non negotiable and after they told me they are used to paying less or that most of the other ladies offered much cheaper rates and asked why i was more? I send them on their way. It offended me a little so my automatic response was to lash out a little (lol)..

Later on, I learned that one of those potential clients were very nice, respectful, generous and a true gentlemen. HOT AS HELL and would do anything for you, even take the shirt off his back to help you. A friend tells me that He is always a pleasure to be with no matter what type of mood your in.

With that being said, I refused to lose another potential gem (Hunk too). he he.. I also realized that it is quite common for people to ask. I accepted it (lol) and changed the way i responded. When i am asked that now, I give them the benefits of my services.. Non rushed undivided attention with no hidden fees...

Yes you will get the chumps that are rude and disrespectful about it.. for those you keep your original response lol...

Good luck and hope this helps...

Edited by Selena_20
Had to edit this big time all over the place lol

Yes, I find it offensive when they ask (especially when I am NOT offering a discount) :handjob:

Should see the BS I deal with on a daily basis over here in Surrey. A certain minority just loves to haggle. I cuss those fuckers out, and hang up the p hone:ablow:

It'll always happen, since there's always somebody who wants to get YOU for cheaper...

You're a professionnal, and you offer a profassionnal service, eventhough you might offer GFE... You're there for the money, not to make friends...

I SOMETIME negociate my rates, like if I've made a mistake on my ad... Then, I feel like I have to give the advertised rate instead, but I correct it right away...

OTHERWISE, if you want to negociate, why don't you go on Montreal Rd, and get some pookie? They will negociate...

YOU ARE A PROFESSIONNAL AND YOUR RATES ARE ESTABLISHED... YOU WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Personally, I'm not offended so much as just annoyed. You don't haggle with your doctor or your pharmacist or any other professional. We're not girls lined up in a market place to be negotiated for.

When people message me with anything that tips me off to the fact that I would not enjoy my time with them, I simply don't reply. They get the hint and so far none have messaged me twice.

The rates we charge are reasonable and if they think it's too expensive, then it shows that they are more concerned with price than they are about quality and class. And I fully agree that if they want a low price, they are welcome to see the uh... less professional ladies. Their loss, but we don't need guys like that anyways! There's plenty of proper gentlemen to share quality, frisky time with.

Now with all above being said lol.. It is very annoying when they asked after they just viewed my rates on my website. IT CLEARLY STATES RATES NON NEGOTIABLE. I am talking about the guys that call from ads where it doesn't clearly state. Had to clarify that wow...

The best way to deal with clients like this is the trash bin. While yes there are pages and pages of women offering the same service, I doubt there are many that are willing to negotiate or be coerced into offering a discount to this ungrateful patron. And if he does find someone who will, he's bound to understand why the service was discounted.

If he'd rather spend his time shopping around and getting rejected by other offended providers instead of spending some quality time with you then that's his choice, in the end he'll need to resolve his stress and relief at his own accord and likely with his own hands :)

Don't waste your time worrying about Discount deadbeats.

• Like 1

Here, Here! cowboy.

I also find it annoying.. but I find that saying good bye and hanging up on them right away is my best response.

The less I decide to lecture them and just cut them off the better for my mood :) Same goes for those trying to negotiate other acts I don't perform.

RESPECT is the key here.. and no respect = no conversation never mind service.

He is a punk,

I have some try and tell me what board they are member like its a cupon code. Luxuries never got on sale why should you and leave it at that.

he will learn the hard when he does his comparsion shopping and find that some lower price girls might offer the same menu but their attitude in service sucks not the fact they are firm in thier rates and what they choose to offer.

Guest s******ecan****

Chances are if you give in and negotiate rates with someone like this before the meeting, the meeting itself will likely go badly. You'll no doubt regret your decision to negotiate and that will affect your comfort level during the appointment, as well since he has already beaten you down once on rates he'll probably try again during the meeting.

I agree with the many who have said to toss these in the garbage.

I can somewhat relate as in my business some clients go cheaper and I have to come in behind them and fix everything. Nice to see you all sticking to your guns on this one.

You get what you pay for.

If a client requests a lower price or tries to bargain, I also find it offensive, however, I understand it because there are sps who will accept lower prices, which, in my opinion opens the door to the hobbiests bargaining strategies, especially once they have had a taste of having their request granted.......In a perfect world, all sps would stick to their guns, most do, I am sure, but there are certainly a few who do not...

I am actually all about giving a discounted rate to returning clients, meaning a client who comes back to see me for a second time within a 3 month period of our last meeting & also for the regular clients, the ones who come to see you AT LEAST every 2-4 months)

What I DO NOT really appreciate ( but I suppose its my own fault for not clarifying, I just presume people would get this**) is when clients I have previously seen contact me to inquire about there discounted rate for being a regular , yet I have not seen them in like 6-8 months...Wow, guess that sounds super bitchy but its the way I feel !!

As a matter of fact, I will make it a point to clarify this on my site :butt:-in the nicest way possible :p

I find it insulting. Like, hey buddy, if you owned a restaurant and when reading the menu I say, hey how about I give you $10 for that steak dinner instead of the listed price of $18.95?

My reply..as spoken by my good friend Carrie Moon "You have a nice day" - click.

Was obviously not a gentleman and you saved yourself from having to meet him in person (I would say that is a good thing and you did everything you should have done - his loss!!)

Just look at it as good way to weed out the bad guys! Post on your ads that your rates are FIRM so they don't even bother trying. (Some may still try but it will probably save you wasting time on some of the bargain hunters)

Also... you should report him to the bad date lists! No one needs to deal with guys like that.

I can somewhat relate as in my business some clients go cheaper and I have to come in behind them and fix everything.

Mike Holmes? from "Holmes on homes"???? I love you! j/k..

I quite simply say "sorry, the requested donation is for my time and my time is non-negotiable. Have a great day!"

Was obviously not a gentleman and you saved yourself from having to meet him in person (I would say that is a good thing and you did everything you should have done - his loss!!)

Just look at it as good way to weed out the bad guys! Post on your ads that your rates are FIRM so they don't even bother trying. (Some may still try but it will probably save you wasting time on some of the bargain hunters)

Also... you should report him to the bad date lists! No one needs to deal with guys like that.

Sometimes, I advertise my rates and clearly state that they are all inclusive, and not negociable, but still, I have some funny ones who are asking me if they don't want greek, or kissing, or just a massage...

What's the problem? Was'nt clear enough? ALL INCLUSIVE, NOT NEGOCIABLE!

Guest O***wa**W
Sometimes, I advertise my rates and clearly state that they are all inclusive, and not negociable, but still, I have some funny ones who are asking me if they don't want greek, or kissing, or just a massage...

What's the problem? Was'nt clear enough? ALL INCLUSIVE, NOT NEGOCIABLE!

I get that sometimes too! Saying if they just want a quickie release, or just want this, or that. Or if they do something for me (which I dont even want!), then I should give them a lower price.

I have a hard time being as polite about it as some of the ladies on here.

Even though I feel disappointed when clients try to negotiate a lower price I'm much unhappier when, on very rare occasions, they take advantage of my trusting personality by underpaying and then quickly leaving the room. However, I have to admit that inquiring about a discount is very pervasive in many areas in today's society (in fact, in some cultures it is entirely normal). I suppose it all depends on the nature of the business involved. It's certainly not unheard of to try to negotiate a lower-than-advertised commission rate when selling an expensive home through a realtor and I must admit that I've asked for (and received!) discounts when shopping for antiques at commercial shows. I think the most important consideration is whether or not there is a clearly advertised and published scale of charges (as with SPs and restaurants) as opposed to the sort of arbitrary pricing that one sees at commercial shows and flea markets.

The old proverb "Half a loaf is better than no bread" comes to mind at this time but I don't want to go there lol!

Also....please understand that, for whatever reason, a lady may offer discounts...this is in no way an invitation to negotiate!

When someone calls and they try to negotiate the discount I am offering, I don't see them.. That is just disrespectful, rude and i have no time for that crap. If i am in one of my moods, i may hang up on them (lol).

I enjoy when it's not even discussed. I always mention to them if there is an extra transportation fee but other then that, that is what our websites are for...

And also, let's not forget the "what if I am young and really attractive; do I get a discount for that"?

REALLY?....WTF