WHAT?!?!!?? You've never seen That movie!!??

surprised-scream-smiley-emoticon.gifWHAT?!?!!??surprised-scream-smiley-emoticon.gif

You've Never seen That movie!!??

There are some movies that are so popular that when you tell people that you've never seen them, they are shocked.

Like (for example)

The Note Book.

apparently its this EPIC love story. And I'm sure it is....Just never watched it.

The Nightmare Before Christmas!

people are the most Shocked about. You'd Figure That I would absolutely LOVE Jack Skellington.

But due to some weird intolerance to claymation making me feel nauseated as a child of the early 90's.

Even those scenes in Harold and Kumar and Youth in Revolt where they depict a specific high with claymation. I have to look away.

So other then the first 15 min of the Corps Bride. I haven't seen ANY Tim Burton animation pre-dating the Corps Bride for sure.

The Expendables 2&3

I LOVE Action flix!

But one of my ex's used to make me watch the first one SO Many times, I just can't do it yet lol

I'm sure there are a couple dozen other movies that I can't think of right now.

So as a twist to regular Movie Threads....

What movies have you never seen?

I see lots of movies but I get the same reaction when I tell people I have never seen an episode of "The Simpsons" "The Family Guy" or "The Walking Dead"

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see lots of movies but I get the same reaction when I tell people I have never seen an episode of "The Simpsons" "The Family Guy" or "The Walking Dead"

See, that is kind of surprising. The Simpson's are on their 26th season.

its like never seeing an episode of Saturday Night Live.

Family Guy though, is an acquired taste of the Maturely Immature.

Walking Dead can be quite interesting. they leave you on some good cliffhangers. And has many moments you don't see coming. I was hooked by the first scene. I find many of their scenes are done really well artistically.

but its hit and miss I guess. Whether you'll enjoy the post Apocalyptic Zombie land or not

• Like 1

Family Guy though, is an acquired taste of the Maturely Immature.

I'm not a big fan, but there are some instances where Family Guy was just the perfect thing to watch. One of those moments was after a particularly brutal mid-term exam season, and all the students (myself included) were a bit shell shocked.

Somehow, 20 or so of us, many who never met before congregated in someone's dorm, watching half a season of Family Guy, followed by Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, followed by Team America, World Police.

Scarface

Memento

And while this isn't a movie - Breaking Bad

Just haven't gotten around to it yet

• Like 1

Haven't watched Breaking Bad, Mad Men or The Walking Dead

I did see Expendables 1, 2 and 3...they should have quit at 2

Also never saw Scarface

Or Harry Potter, Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings

Just a few movies I can remember not seeing :-)

Funny hard to remember the movies I haven't seen, but helpful when others remember and post the movies they haven't seen

RG

If we are looking at classics, then the one that people comment on to me is that I never watched Gone with the Wind.

• Like 3

Good topic. I was just discussing this very subject with my SO last night. She wanted me to accompany her to "Paddington", a real action movie with a CGI teddy bear. I told her that is one of the few films that I was certain I would never see. I see a lot of movies, so my list is short. Here are a few of the highlights:

- Brokeback Mountain

- Sex in the City plus the sequel

- Magic Mike

- The Note Book

- Fried Green Tomatoes. :sm48:

just to name a few!

• Like 1

If we are looking at classics, then the one that people comment on to me is that I never watched Gone with the Wind.

Well frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn :-) LOL (said very tongue in cheek) And btw I also haven't seen it

Reminds me, also haven't seen Titanic. Ran through the channels late one night. Stumbled upon Titanic. It's at a scene when the ship is sinking and they are making their way to the lifeboats. The girl stops and goes (words to the effect) "Jack This is where we first met" Dump her Jack, some are too dumb to live...I kept channel surfing

RG :-)

• Like 1

Guest A**aTo**h

I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies or any of the Twilight movies.

Actually I've never seen Scarface, or the Godfather.

I've Seen Gone with the wind, But I've Never seen Casablanca.

I haven't seen Mad Men either, or Game of thrones which apparently is a good show too.