Ottawa 2015 Spring social

I am all paid up and sent a bit extra to help out.

And guys I encourage you to send a bit extra when you pay to help cover the costs and to make this an even better event.

I am sure the organizers are contributing some of their own money and face it fellows some of us have the extra that we can give.

• Like 1

Mine is paid, so let's see you others gents commit. It's so much easier on the organizers to run an event if they get the tickets sold early.

Indeed the sooner we sell tickets the easier it is on us as we can commit on certain high expenses such as entertainment. That is why we put an initial target of 60 as that will cover food, some entertainment and door prizes. Hared to commit all the money before tickets are sold. I would like to remind everyone we had to cancel a social last June for lack of ticket sales. In addition if we have to wait last minute to confirm our planned entertainment might no longer be available.

I am all paid up and sent a bit extra to help out.

And guys I encourage you to send a bit extra when you pay to help cover the costs and to make this an even better event.

We do not ask members to send extra money, but its always welcome. We basically counts extra cash as if they were tickets sold and therefore we attain our 60 guest target sooner and as explained above we can book stuff sooner as well. Any money or ticket sales above the 60 is spent at the social on extra entertainment, drinks for the ladies or extra door prizes. Also of note more ppl means food cost increases.

I am sure the organizers are contributing some of their own money and face it fellows some of us have the extra that we can give.

We do indirectly as we do not charge for any of our personal expenses mainly vehicle wear and tear as well as gas. Looks like we are getting a deal for this social with current gas prices. lol

Already committed :-)

BTW would the organizers like any door prizes donated???

RG

Some members have donated door prizes at previous social and that is a personal choice. As I mentioned we do have part of our budget set aside for door prizes. If you wish to do so make if a prize that can be given to a lady. As for gents, to date both ALO and CMJ have, on their own, have provided plenty of Gent prizes. Therefore we did not have to buy any.

Some members have donated door prizes at previous social and that is a personal choice. As I mentioned we do have part of our budget set aside for door prizes. If you wish to do so make if a prize that can be given to a lady. As for gents, to date both ALO and CMJ have, on their own, have provided plenty of Gent prizes. Therefore we did not have to buy any.

Well I'll donate a couple gift cards then...a prize that can be given to a lady hummm, OK gift cards for Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas or Marks Work Wearhouse...stores that all seem to be a hit with the ladies LOL

OK if I bring them when I show up the night of the social or do you want them mailed ahead of time?

RG :-)

• Like 2

Well I'll donate a couple gift cards then...a prize that can be given to a lady hummm, OK gift cards for Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas or Marks Work Wearhouse...stores that all seem to be a hit with the ladies LOL

OK if I bring them when I show up the night of the social or do you want them mailed ahead of time?

Just bring them with you at the social.

Thanks

• Like 1

The envelopes please

BassProShops01.jpg

win-a-cabelas-fishing-gift-card-e1366778736974.jpg

1156-pdp.jpg

After these "gifts" this may end up being my first, and last social LOL

Plus my name on the ladies private section...blacklisted

The envelopes please

BassProShops01.jpg

win-a-cabelas-fishing-gift-card-e1366778736974.jpg

1156-pdp.jpg

After these "gifts" this may end up being my first, and last social LOL

Plus my name on the ladies private section...blacklisted

I would also recommend wearing some padding at the social. A few kicks in the rear end from high heals or pointy shoes might be exciting. However from over 30 pair of shoes I would call that a major pain in the butt. lol

• Like 4

OK OK I'm slow but take a hint LOL

So the envelopes please

Would this

Victorias-Secret-Gift-Card.jpg

or this

174-sephora-gift-card-25.jpg

or this

13170-75385-2a08-8903_200.jpg

or something along these lines

Save me from a a$$ kicking

Do I lose my man card for knowing about such stores LOL

And have I redeemed myself now LOL

RG

• Like 3

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I will start the count.Fifty nine little piggies to go.(Piggy count)

Its a little premature to start a countdown. To organise a quality event, we need to sell 30 gent tickets and we are not there yet. Here is an update on sales as of this morning.

Ladies tickets: 27 already paid for. 5 ladies have made arrangements for payment for a total of 32 tickets!

Note that some ladies have posted on the thread that they were attending but haven't contacted Alexxandria or myself for payment. If there are any ladies wishing to attend please get in touch soonest as once we reach 35 ladies ticket sold, we will be starting a stby list till the gents catch up on ticket sales.

Gent tickets: 11 already paid for. 9 gents have made arrangements to either pay cash at ALO or meet me soon. Total 20 tickets.

Note that 3 gents have contacted me to get my addy for e-transfer, however I have heard nothing since. An update to know if you still want those tickets would be much appreciated.

Therefore we need to sell/confirm sale of 10 more gent tickets to officially make the event a GO!

VIP tickets are sold out. We have started a stby list for those as we may get cancellations or we will look at additional transportation should there be enough interest.

Have a great weekend everyone, and keep peaking at this thread for periodic updates!!!

Thanks!

Alexxandria & loneskater!

• Like 5

Oh.... just a reminder Gents, you can always simply drop in the ALO west location( or other locations throughout the city) and make a cash payment for the social, I did that for past Christmas social, very easy if you're in the west end of Ottawa. ;)

• Like 2

Therefore we need to sell/confirm sale of 10 more gent tickets to officially make the event a GO!

Thanks!

Pencil me in peeps. I will stop at ALO and pay when I pass through town in a few days. Yeah Baby Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

• Like 3

Dress code is very liberal. Some like ties or formal dresses others prefer less formal attire.

Start your planning for March 26th and we will post further details soon!

Thanks and we look forward to seeing many of you then!

So dress code is very liberal, does that mean I should wear this

liberal_party_of_canada_tie-r799d1510c69b40ee81d4a23dd0203d87_v9whb_8byvr_324.jpg

or maybe be a bit more discrete and wear this instead

Black-Liberal-Underwear.jpg

Not quite black tie but....LOL

Now on a more serious note, what is the start time...just for planning purposes on my part

Counting down the days to the Social

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Hodgman-Mackenzie-Waders.jpg

RG I know you consider this Formal Wear but its is really more Formal at these Socials!

Guest N***he**Ont**y
So more along these lines

Aaron-Watson-Photography-Best-Wedding-Photography-2011-11.jpg

RG[/quote

playboy-jacket--smoking-jackets24542.jpgThis is considered acceptable for after the Social for late night meetings RG.

So more along these lines

Aaron-Watson-Photography-Best-Wedding-Photography-2011-11.jpg

RG[/quote

playboy-jacket--smoking-jackets24542.jpgThis is considered acceptable for after the Social for late night meetings RG.

If smoking a pipe in a bathrobe, pj bottoms and slipper is acceptable would just wearing a nightshirt (and cap) instead be OK

165297-175x346-scroogewholesalecostume.jpg

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

These might be nice for after Social Drinks! Cold Ottawa March Nights!

product_image.php?imageid=3857

Additional Comments:

Those are Long Johns !

Good morning ladies and gents! Here is an update on ticket sales.

Ladies tickets: 27 already paid for. 5 ladies have made arrangements for payment for a total of 32 tickets! 4 ladies have posted they were attending on the thread but haven't made contact for payment.

Since gents ticket sales have gone up, we have room for more ladies. However, please get in touch soonest as we could be starting a stby list on very short notice!

Gent tickets: 21 already paid for. 5 gents have made arrangements to either pay cash at ALO or meet me soon. Total 26 tickets.

We need to sell/confirm sale of 4 more gent tickets to book entertainment!

VIP tickets are sold out. However we may get a few cancellations. therefore get your name on the stby list soon if you are interested!.

Stay warm and have a great Sunday!!!

• Like 3

Fifty four days and counting down :-)

My first social

Already have my ticket bought, hotel reserved and shortly going to Bass Pro Shops to buy new waders and BPS tshirt to be appropriately dressed;-)

RG

• Like 3