Always look at the bright side of ..... death!

I still think you are going to win, selfishly I can't imagine this site without you. Your strength of character, kindness, humor, gallantry and courage.

Thank you for allowing me into a part of your life, for sharing your most difficult days and for showing us all that even through the worst of times we should look to the brighter side, find humor in it and hope, hope for better days.

You are the bravest man I know and I'm only one of many, many, many, that have been honored to know you.

• Like 3

My Dear Friend,

I have had you in my thoughts everyday. I will always have you in my heart and will cherish our friendship for all my days. Your voice, laughter and big strong hands will never fade from my memory. The last time we seen each other was a gift of time. I pray your family will have the strength to heal from their loss, with as much courage you have had throughout your ordeal.

My bottle of Scotch, single malt is awaiting, and a golf ball beside it in memory of the days we shared. No doubt I will shed tears, but will also be relived that you will longer have this awful pain.

Love you my Friend, Always and forever!

Sophia

• Like 1

Tom: I'm off this weekend to share some Scotch with friends and drive a few golf balls. We'll have a shot in your honour and recognize how important the appreciation you've so consistently expressed is.

Whomever receives the tongue transplant will be blessed.

The golf course will be an oh so fitting resting place.

Hope you get to enjoy this Prine classic

'...before you draw your terminal breath'

Your friend and Python fan.

• Like 3

Mon Dieu, that I would have LOVED to meet U babe.... U R such an ardent fan of my ads and each time I would see U had thanked one had I had a huge smile on...

Now I am sad as one couldn't possibly think and oui I am crying.... like when U sent me that PM love....

I really hope everything will be smoother and easier in Kitchener and OUI I will see U on the other side chéri !!! So remember we have a date sometimes along the way darling!

I am hugging U as strong as I can and hey hell big huge kiss on your toy babe!!

Barbara

xxxooo

I will think of U for a while and will miss your thanks to my ads but will sometimes pretend U R still thanking them....

• Like 3

Guest D***el B***e

I have never met you, Mr. theliquor, but I'm chocked beyond words ... your outlook on life is inspirational and you are leaving a profound mark on me. I'm am deeply saddened and hope I can be as creative as you in my final days. We should all learn from you and live life to its fullest, as you have.

Have a glorious trip to the other world.

Tom,

Even though we only met once in person your courage and your sense of humor has inspired me. As far as I'm concerned,there is no death. We are all source eternal and vibrational beings and there will only be reemergence later as non physical. Thanks for being you and feel free to channel us once in a while here on Lyla! You are a person to be celebrated for your life and all the good you have done! See you again my dear! Xoxo

• Like 1

Guest Miss Jane TG

Am I going to miss the Bad Boy?

No, I have just called the organ transplant folks and reserved your tongue. Initially I was told to forget it as women around the globe are lining up! I had to use all my magic "down there" to convince their manager to put me first on the waiting list.

Am I lucky? Yes, I am....

Guest A**aTo**h

Tom, I haven't been here long, but I have read lot of your stories and they have moved me to laughter at times, and other times I have felt such sadness, a sadness because I wish that this had never been inflicted on you. You embody so much GOOD in the human condition.

To me, you exemplify bravery in every sense of the word. You are the antithesis of self-pity; you choose instead to poke fun at yourself.

You are a wonderful person, whom I have never met yet I will miss not reading your words again here. I can only wonder how much of a hole you will leave behind in the hearts, of not just the people here on CERB, but those who know you in person.

Thank you Tom for your all you words, your stories and for sharing your journey with all of us here.

I am a huge fan of Monty Python, so somehow quoting "every sperm is sacred" just doesn't quite fit right now, but maybe instead, I will just say that you should look in the mirror and looking right back at you will be the true Meaning of Life.

My dear sweet Tom,

I've been coming to this thread since you posted and I just couldn't write a word, I did attempt to numerous times.

From our message last night, I'm sure you know why and hopefully understand.

When your message came through last night my heart just sank and I felt like the wind was knocked out of me, I knew that message would come but I was no way ready or prepared for it.

It is true we never got the opportunity to meet but it sure doesn't seem like that.

You are my friend and I will deeply miss you, the sweet messages you send, the posts on my guestbook, your presence on the board and most of all you always know when I need to smile and I never had to say a thing but you knew.

I will and do have friends that have many of your qualities but they're not you and you have a very special place in my heart forever.

I don't like this wave of emotions I'm having, feeling vulnerable, upset, mad, confused, frustrated, sad and also relieved that my friend will not be suffering when that time comes.

You're still here for now and when the time comes, it will never be good bye my friend, it will be see you later.

You my sweet friend Tom are and will always remain in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

All my love,

Lexy

il_fullxfull.236179943.jpg?9a9d10

• Like 2

Tom.. I unfortunately will never get to meet you face to face in this world and that's a real shame as I think we would have gotten along real well.

As it is I feel like I am about to lose what has been a powerful positive presence in my life.... the amazing positive spirit with which you have lived your life and the way you have shared your positive energy and humour with us all here through your amazing posts gave us all a magnificent gift that we can never really thank you enough for.

We all face struggles in our lives and I think the way we handle these adversities speaks to the type of character we possess... thank you for the life lesson you have taught us over the last 2 years as you have lived life to the very fullest in spite of Cancer... I am and will continue to be inspired by you.

I don't drink but have bought a good bottle of Scotch and will raise a glass in your honour when the time comes.

• Like 2

You will be missed dearly my friend, but you will never be forgotten. You definitely embody what this site is supposed to be about: community. So on your journey to the Pearly Gates I will pour one for you!

• Like 3

to Tom i have never met you but it has been interesting on reading about you, you are a strong man to write about your sickness you will be missed on here and have no fear i will raise a glass when the news is posted on here btw maybe there's a cerb on the other side we can all meet up again

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Tom you have been an inspiration to us all on Lyla. You have shown such strength to us and such "A Mighty Spirit". I do believe your Totem is of The Wolf. A wise man who is articulate and understanding. I will howl at the Moon on your behalf as you continue your journey and wish you well!.

Guest S****r

I feel privileged to have met you, Tom. Your presence will definitely be missed. See you on the other side, my friend.

:icon_sad:

So happy to see you post today:) For God's sake, do fall down and sprain that talented tongue of yours!! You may need it on the other side too!

For real tho, glad to see your comfortable and not in too much pain!

Love ya.

• Like 1

As I have never met you, but feel I know you, through reading your posts on here, I am both saddened and uplifted by what I have read.

You have made me laugh, tear up, smile from ear to ear, cry.

All in simple words.

I wish I had met you, as I would love to put a face to the name and hear some of those words for real.

You are witty, concise, elusive, vague and completely out there with charm ;-)

Single malt is my favorite passion.

Tonight I will raise a glass of my very rare Dalwhinnie 1966 18 year old single malt in my beautiful Edinburgh crystal single malt scotch glass, and I will have a splash of water from the water thimble that goes with it.

I share this single malt with only the closest of friends, as it is so rare. You, my friend, are included in that very small circle.

I would definitely share this with you. :)

I hope that you are comfortable and are not chasing all of the ladies there!

Blessings to you, and I shall keep reading.

Smiles, kisses and love

Raven

• Like 8