Using txt message providers

I ignore such things as an SP... google #s and other spoofed numbers indicate to me that you have something to hide. Even though this is kind of expected from men who are married or have jobs they are concerned about losing.

Fine, I get it.

But guess what? Guys intent on doing us harm would also do this.

At the end of the day, MY PERSONAL SAFETY is of paramount importance to me, as should yours be to you.

I'm not saying the girl in question is unsafe or up to no good...Maybe it's her personal cell tied to her real name and she doesn't want to mix that in with this business? But perhaps she should get herself a phone number that is legit to use for the hobby so as to not give off an air of .... sketchiness.

• Like 3

I recently visited an SP that uses textme.us. It was one of the best experiences I've had in a while. There are also SPs that use legitimate #s, but post fake pics and false information. This is the more prevalent type deceptive practice!Using a "Google #" is not only convenient, it's a self preservation technique for a married/working man. I can't afford the risk of using my primary cell to contact an SP, and I also can't afford the risk of owning a pay-as-you-go phone for private use. No matter how well hidden there will always be a risk of it being found.

• Like 2

It shouldn't really be an issue. It may just be more convenient for her as carrying to phones not only gets overwhelming but from personal experience, people wonder what with the extra phone and is not always easy to explain so having an app would definitely make it easier, the reason why I don't do it is to avoid having anything 'Isabella' stuff on my personal phone.

I wouldn't worry about her using an app being a red flag as long as she has a reputation, my advice is to do research on her to be able to decide if you should avoid or not based on more valid reasons than if she uses a cell or an app.

If an SP is using txtme.us, Is that someone you should avoid? Does it raise any black flags?
  • Like 1

This is a really good thread, I won't book a client without a real cell phone so I would not expect him to book me without one either. Trust needs to be established. Yes in some rural places I use text me, but we have already confirmed over the phone on my real cell prior to my arrival.

Too many shady people and problems these days, that one can never be too careful on either side. If your going to hide your cell number what else are you hiding? I want ZERO part of time with anyone who feels the need to secretive, as it only leads to problems later on.

• Like 7

I use textplus on my working phone only to call my family and for them to be able to reach me. It uses wifi so I have no long distance fees, wich don't apply for texts.

This being said, I would think that she uses her regular phone to communicate.

But it would raise a red flag for me too...

I know it's not common in North America but there is an other solution. I'm expecting my son home from the middle east this week end and he carries a dual sim phone, if I'm not mistaken it's a Galaxy S5. He has one number for his company and the second as his personal phone. I'm sure if they have the right specs you can probably find one here to work with your provider.

I know I'll be taking a look at it when he's here, If he lets me I might try to exchange sims and try it on the Rogers network while he's home.

In my opinion there are many elements that go into a lady's reputation and to lady a lady as shady because they use a texting app is a bit much. I appreciate that there are other alternatives they could use (2 phones or dual sim phones) but who am I to tell them what is best for them.

I suggest that people look at the big picture associated with the lady... do they have a web site, their advertising, their presence on sites like this and social media... what are their recommendations like... are they well know in the industry???

As I suggested on another similar thread there are lots of reasons for a lady to be cautious about what info ie phone number or email address they put out to the world so I can accept the usage of an ap as long as I can verify the lady's reputation in other ways.

While I respect every ladies right to choose their own approach and understand that some clients might choose to not book with a lady who uses an Ap I think it is wrong to suggest that just because a lady does she must be "shady".

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I would wonder why a lady is trying to hide her cell number. Initial impressions are important and trust has to be established on both sides. So when someone does something like hiding her number, you have to wonder if she is hiding something else

Even if the user's intent, be it a companion or client is innocent in using this app, they should know it can be cause for concern. A client may not get booked. A companion may miss out on seeing a potential client. Openness and honesty is important in this lifestyle. Apps hiding cell numbers aren't open

A rambling from a guy who techie knowhow limited on these things but believes in openness and honesty

RG

• Like 2

I agree that the use of the app may make someone decide to not book but so could a huge number of other factors... I fail to see how it less honest or open than working names... ads with no face pictures.. when we are talking about cell numbers and emails it's not like you can look them up in a directory... the text app is as open or honest as a burner phone purchased in a bogus name and address... in my opinion it's a red herring... look at the companions overall presence and reputation...A lady using an app does not make her dishonest and it's kinda insulting to the many reputable ladies who do to suggest that it does.

Some ladies don't advertise a number at all but do use an app for texting after the initial contact.. are they dishonest... they don't hide the fact they are using an app?

Just my Opinion

• Like 3

I agree that the use of the app may make someone decide to not book but so could a huge number of other factors... I fail to see how it less honest or open than working names... ads with no face pictures.. when we are talking about cell numbers and emails it's not like you can look them up in a directory... the text app is as open or honest as a burner phone purchased in a bogus name and address... in my opinion it's a red herring... look at the companions overall presence and reputation...A lady using an app does not make her dishonest and it's kinda insulting to the many reputable ladies who do to suggest that it does.

Some ladies don't advertise a number at all but do use an app for texting after the initial contact.. are they dishonest... they don't hide the fact they are using an app?

Just my Opinion

I didn't say it makes them dishonest. What I said

"Openness and honesty is important in this lifestyle. Apps hiding cell numbers aren't open"

The app isn't what I would call open

As for a companion's overall presence and reputation, that works when the companion has been around awhile and established a reputation. A lady just getting started though, she doesn't have that presence and reputation yet. So something like this app used by a companion just starting out, well it doesn't appear she is open and may raise red flags to potential clients

And irrespective, do you not agree that openness and honesty are important in this lifestyle?

RG

• Like 2

I didn't say it makes them dishonest. What I said

"Openness and honesty is important in this lifestyle. Apps hiding cell numbers aren't open"

The app isn't what I would call open

As for a companion's overall presence and reputation, that works when the companion has been around awhile and established a reputation. A lady just getting started though, she doesn't have that presence and reputation yet. So something like this app used by a companion just starting out, well it doesn't appear she is open and may raise red flags to potential clients

And irrespective, do you not agree that openness and honesty are important in this lifestyle?

RG

The impression that you and others have left is that the use of an App is an indication of hiding something and not being open and being dishonest... i am saying that while it is true' someone could use an app to hide and be dishonest it is not fair to suggest that or leave the impression that all who do are being any less open... i suggest you look at the full package a lady presents and then make your own decision.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

... I fail to see how it less honest or open than working names... ads with no face pictures.. when we are talking about cell numbers and emails it's not like you can look them up in a directory... the text app is as open or honest as a burner phone purchased in a bogus name and address...

What? Working names? Burner phones?

Are you trying to tell me her God-given birth name isn't Loverly Snowflake?

Snap! I suppose the next thing you're going to try to tell me is that wasn't her real apartment.

I feel so... deceived.

LOL

So it goes....

• Like 2

The inference is that a "real" number is open and honest. How is a "real" number attached to a $50 burner anymore open or honest than a texting app number?

• Like 1

If an SP is using txtme.us, Is that someone you should avoid? Does it raise any black flags?

The ladies I know who use such apps tour frequently and use them to establish communication and screen potential clients before giving out their "real" cell number.

As has been suggested, with anyone you wish to see, you need to do your research and ascertain whether they are an established and reputable companion. If they are, the use of such app, is inconsequential.

I personally do not finalize bookings by text or email. The client has to be able to call me from a unblocked number which I can call back if need be. So, I do not accept bookings from clients who use those apps and I personally don't find a need for them.

I have had potential clients contact me via the app you mentioned, and I tell them when they are ready to book, they need to call me from a "real number" and those who are serious, do so.

So I don't think everyone who uses these apps are "sketchy", but we do need to be faithful to our booking protocol.

• Like 2

I ignore such things as an SP... google #s and other spoofed numbers indicate to me that you have something to hide. Even though this is kind of expected from men who are married or have jobs they are concerned about losing.

Fine, I get it.

But guess what? Guys intent on doing us harm would also do this.

At the end of the day, MY PERSONAL SAFETY is of paramount importance to me, as should yours be to you.

I'm not saying the girl in question is unsafe or up to no good...Maybe it's her personal cell tied to her real name and she doesn't want to mix that in with this business? But perhaps she should get herself a phone number that is legit to use for the hobby so as to not give off an air of .... sketchiness.

I do not agree and will explain...I do use textme

With that app I could get ride of my second phone...now im only using my personnal phone and no I don't want my personal number all over the place and I choose who I share it with...It has nothing to do with having something to hide or being sketchy...

Just my opinion...

Bianca

• Like 3

I'll have to chime in again because I think some people interpreted my last comments differently than I expected.

I in no way said the girl is "sketchy", in fact I made sure to say she probably wasn't.

What I did say is that this communication method is grossly misused by wrongful people, intent on doing harm and or other negative things. Until such people are eliminated from this world, I will never trust such apps.

If clients want to use it, go ahead - but not with me.

If SPs feel this works best for them, who am I to dictate?

I simply shared my honest opinion of such apps, which was that I stay away.

Far, far away.

• Like 3

Painting every lady or client who uses textme with the same brush is much like saying every Muslim is a terrorist. You simply cannot generalize like that in real life.

We can talk about establishing trust all we want. But think about when we book... The client doesn't know our real name, our home address, our personal email address -- so why do they need our personal cell phone number? Using these apps leaves the companion with the opportunity to "turn off" business when she wants to. Not everyone wants to carry two phones and not everyone is comfortable mixing business with personal - phone number or otherwise.

I have had some wonderful gentleman who have explained why they use a text app and that is 100% ok with me. Additionally I have met some lovely ladies, who - for their own reasons, use a texting app. Choosing not to see a reputable lady because they use a texting app means you could miss out on a great experience.

People do what they feel is best for them. If you aren't comfortable seeing someone - either lady or gentleman - that uses a texting app - that's your own choice. But take the time to ask why they use it. It could end up being a completely reasonable explanation. You just can't automatically judge someone on the technology they use.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 5