No Shows in Ottawa...

Guest t*******new

I have seen a lot of comments on this board over the past year regarding the high number of "no shows" experienced by SPs when visiting Ottawa. I was wondering, how many guys have experienced no shows by the provider?

Now for starters, I have never been a "no show" myself but it has happened twice in a row now that I show up for my scheduled and confirmed rendezvous at the agreed upon time and place, to find that nobody was there. I can TOTALLY understand the sense of frustration by the ladies who have shared this concern with us in the past.

I do understand that sometimes things happen that are beyond peoples control (stuck in traffic, illness, etc.) and in fairness, the second time it happened, an e-mail was sent by the SP less than two hours before our meeting informing me of the cancellation (I unfortunately do not have internet access at all times of the day but at least she tried) I guess I am just curious whether this is an emerging trend or something that I have been fortunate not encountering until now?

Guest S***dst***

1 Year time span, roughly 20 appointments (not including CMJ)

5 no shows (only one from a cerb member)

2 lates (20m+)

1 maintenance issue (buzzer being broken, no cell phone)

1 family emergency

3 Mechanical/I want you out asap cuz I just want the money, types

Personally:

Late by 15m+ once (didn't know Kanata very well..still don't :/)

0 No show

1 Maintenance issue above (her location but I couldn't reschedule)

I've always got my hand to fall back on but I always enjoy the conversation, cuddling and new friendships most anyways; that's all I really get upset over missing out on.

I had the worst case of a No Show a couple of weeks ago and it cost be a lot.

I have a summer visitor. I take my visitor to a hotel for a few hours (cost same as overnight) so that I can have my house to myself when the lady arrives. I confirmed and re-confirmed the appointment with the agency several times, including the night before via email, text and phone. I explained clearly to him the situation (about the hotel) and asked him very clearly to let me know if something happens (I could cancel by 6:00 pm on the day). So, in good faith, I took my visitor to Hotel at 3:30 pm and came back, and spent about an hour arranging my house for the date (usual wine and chocolate and gift and flash lights, LS TV, etc.) and showering and dressing up. etc., but 5:00 pm passed and no one showed up!!!!. The worst thing was that when I called them at 5:15, I got the "out of service" message!!!!!. The agency started posting ad on CL a few days after, using the same (out of service) number!!!!!. The second worst thing, when I went back soon after to pick up my guest (I was feeling down and in no mood to call for another), I was interrogated at the checkout as why we leave so early(usually I go back around 9-10 pm to check out). Therefore I don"t think I can return to that hotel (my visitor likes that particular hotel)

This was the only no-show I had in the past 12 months and only the second no-show of my 2 year hobbying history (last time it didn't cost me anything, just wasted preparation time but this time did, both in dollars and time lol).

The late shows, I have had plenty but they don't bother me at all. I know getting through traffic and getting ready for me (make ups, sexy dress, shower) takes time and anxiously waiting for my princess (especially if I have seen her before) can be a turn on for me.

I take outcalls only. So, obviously there has never been a no-show by me (I always show up there lol because I live there.).

I find there are more no-shows than in recent years, but my screening process deters them because I insist I have a call back number.

I ask the client if he is going to be late or can't make it, to please call me. I add the caveat this is because for privacy issues, I really do not want to be calling or texting back their phone.

Since I have been doing that, I have hardly any no shows.

It's almost like I've planted the idea that if they don't show, I will call (after 10 minutes late). I never leave a nasty message or anything like that.

If someone has a good reason, I will extend them a second chance (if I feel like), otherwise they're on my DNA do not answer) list.

I've only had 3 no-shows in 7 months so I count myself lucky.

I have cancelled last-minute when the client was already here on only one occasion and it was when my cat was bleeding and it was a tumour and I had to call the vet and put her to sleep. I still feel bad about that because I was crying on the phone with the client, but he was very nice and very forgiving. He even asked me if he could do anything for me!

I don't allow prebookings, and only do within the hour booking/confirmations, so you would take that to mean the # of no shows/no cancels would be lower. But typically, there are anywhere from 1-3 per day.

For myself, I no showed maybe 3 times total. One was a malfunctioning phone where the entry is on the phone, and somehow the cord got disconnected and I was not watching the front door. When I did finally notice, and checked for messages left by the poor guy, all he said was "call him back". Lesson learned for everyone here: his # is blocked, and he did not leave his phone #. I am ok with block #s, but revealing your # (and providing one for much easier contact) can help alot. Of course, he was leaving by the time I saw him there, no way for me to slip downstairs and catch him, and not once to this day has he called me again. :-(

Another time I was called away, and had to leave. Fortunately, met up with him on his way to the door as I had to leave. Another blocked # situation, btw. I could have called him while he was still on his way, but without a # not possible. I was glad that I could tell him the situation, but like the above example, he never came back again.

Another case was someone who assumed we had an appt, and came to the area and called several times only after he arrived to a nearby intersection. Had he called before he left home, he would have known I would be busy until a certain time and we could have set something up then. As it was, he called 6-8 times, left a couple of messages, none of which I could answer or return until after he left the area again.

I don't allow prebookings, and only do within the hour booking/confirmations, so you would take that to mean the # of no shows/no cancels would be lower. But typically, there are anywhere from 1-3 per day.

Interestingly, I always book in advance and very rarely accept a last-minute appointment from someone new. 2/3 of my no-shows were last-minute bookings.

when i book i always show up, even if book well in advance. and the other and once a book on the thursday for a saturday afternoon rendez-vous at noon, she tells me to call her around 11 for the hotel and room number, but she never answered her phone. on 2 other occasions sp cancelled on me the same day as the appointment but always text before to explain why and try and reschedual. so for me 3 times in over 3 years of hobbying is ok.

So far in my experience (about 6 months) its either 5 to 10 mins lateness from me or the SP.

But the worse so far has been going to see an SP after we arranged for a meeting about 5 hrs before. I dont know if that is impromptu or not but she did put up some minutes earlier on here before i sent her a text.

So I have seen her before and she told me it was the same address and i should call when i get there. Got there about 5 mins before time. Called, no response, texted, no response and dropped a voice mail, with no response either. and waited around the area for about 30 mins before my made the last series of call and text. then left.

No i kinda feel like i was punished for something which i'm not exactly sure about. Probably she blacklisted my number for something I did earlier which i'm not sure about. That night was only going to be our 2nd meeting but ihave already sent over 2 messages (a pm on here and sent an email) to apologize but no response to those since because she still advertises on here.

I had an appointment this morning from somebody calling me from a payphone... I've ask him if he could call me from a nearby intersection from a showing number, wich he agreed on...

Exactly at the time of the appointment, I've receive another call from a payphone... I thought it was somebody else calling for the same reason, since there's no payphone in my area... It was him again, telling me he was there! There's no public phone around!

So, I told him if he wanted the address with the appartment number, he had to call from a cellphone OR AT LEAST a showing number...

Called at least 4 or 5 times, I went shopping...

Not respecting my rules are getting to this point... Rules are there for my safety, and I would never be stupid enough to play with it...

I have had about 5 no shows in the last year by both travel ling and regular sp's . I don't mean cancellations (I probably had over 12 last minute can't make it, but at least I knew in advance) either, that's bound to happen. I mean showing up at the right time at the right place and no-one there. I always get aggravated when I hear about Ottawa no shows. Many Sp's are just as bad (not all but many).

Very sorry to read about your cat Megan. My heart goes out to you. I know losing a loved pet is so painful. I lost a puppy when I was a child:( and I remember I was crying loud for days and in my sleep too. Hope you have recovered by now. And btw, absolutely no reason to feel bad about crying on the phone or late cancellation. Totally understandable. Kudos to your client for offering to help.

Grass Hopper, it is your client(s) who do the no-shows NOT you. If the client does not show up or break the rules by not calling from a displayed number then that is entirely his fault. Good on you to play it safe. Safety above all. I tried to give your post a rep for the rule for safety statement but was asked to spread my reps!!.

Yes a no show can be very harmful. We should do our best to minimize it, unless of course there is an emergency. It is more than just loss of time or in case of service providers loss of money. It is the feeling of frustration and likely in many cases the feeling of being let down or rejection. Two weeks ago since I didn't have my once a week fun, I was in bad mood and emotionally tired for the following 5 working days. Lucky that I didn't get into fights with my demanding clients at work during those 5 days.

I've been rescheduled/cancelled about 20% of the ten times or so I've visited an SP, while I've never rescheduled or cancelled. My philosophy is that everyone deserves a second chance, but not a third. Especially in a service oriented business where people arrange their lives/schedules around the appointment.

I always reward good service with tips/gifts, and on the flip side of the coin will not book with someone who has cancelled/rescheduled more than once (as I would expect SPs to do the same to clients who reschedule/cancel). Now if it's an SP who I consider a friend that's another story, some people get a pass just as a good friend would :)

Having a provider pull a no show is not uncommon, count on it happening. When it happens and you're left hanging it isn't pleasant. Have not had this experience in a while thankfully.

Three times, all by the same SP. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson after the first missed meeting.

Guest s******ecan****

One time in the past 12 months. I was a real disappointment, but the SP did try to alert me at the last minute via PM but I had already left for the appointment.

I'm happy to say that since implementing my deposit-prior-to-incall requirement for the days that I'm not already at my location I have not had one no-show.

...and people told me it wouldn't work, lol

I proudly can say that I have never cancelled or rescheduled an appointment in the 6 months I have been taking appointments in Ottawa, I am always on-time and prepared for my appointments, as I book appointments with lots of time between them to allow my clients to not be rushed out the door, and to respect both their discretion, and mine. I once had a client arrive 30 minutes early for his appointment and surprised me by not ringing in and just coming to the studio and knocking on the door while I was just finishing up a session... again, was not impressed... I also ask that clients arrive on-time... not early, not late... it is only respectful.

I have had a few no-shows, which I find to be incredibly rude, you found a way to make an appointment with me - find a way to let me know you are not going to come, I usually require a confirmation email/phone call/text 2 hours prior to your appointment, you, the client, should respect our time and cancel if you are not going to make it.

I only work Wed and Thursday evenings, with the odd Friday afternoon, so my time is very precious and love to ensure that I can meet with only serious hobbiests, I would say that now that my screening process is better and information on my blog has helped to reduce the number of no shows, and increase the number of exceptional clients.

Sophie

http://sophiemassage.spaces.live.com

I have had a bunch of no-shows in my 10 month career.

I have pulled a no show....twice with the same gentleman. Not on purpose mind you, just weird circumstances! I finally did meet him...he gave me a third chance :)

Trust me... We (or at least I) am feeling the effects of this recent storm of no-shows out East, too. I have had more guys not show up/cancel last minute/book and then not confirm than actual clients lately. :confused:

Not trying to start a pity party or anything, but guys, this is our job. Please do not leave us hanging, it could leave us (and our kids, if we have them) hungry, broke, or even homeless.

On a lighter note, thanks to all the great guys I have seen who have been respectful and so much fun to visit! You make it easier to look past the negative and enjoy what I do. :boobies:

• Like 2

I go see MAs, both indies and at salons, not other service providers.

I have never had, ever, a 'no show' from an indie, though I had on a few occasions to adjust session time, as others were running late (and I am not talking two minutes here), traffic jams and whatnot. I was informed ahead of time (either through emails or phone calls) in all instances but once, when I found a sticky on the door inviting me to come back in 30 minutes. Enough to go grab a coffee. All in all, I consider that a very good, some would say excellent, level of customer service.

It is a different story with salons (I go to a few in town; some have a perfect record): bookings not respected, booked attendant not present, attendant not informed of coming appointment because 'phone guy' did not do his job (or, at least, such was the claim of the attendant), etc. In all, it must have happened five times in 3.5 years of hobbying (including once this past week), which is not bad. I surprise myself in being able to take it in stride when it occurs, as I am not known as Mr Zen at work...

I am not sure I care to count how many visits (and thus $$$) I've made in those years, but I think it is quite a reasonable defect rate, so to speak...

Myself? I once took a wrong turn, got lost, and called to say I'd be 15-20 minutes late. I have also cancelled twice, a few hours ahead of time. Decent enough track record.

toine

Personally, it rarely happened to me.

Back in the days when CERB was not existing, the Ottawa Sun and/or the Quest chatline were very popular means of classified.

It did happen that I set an appointment and got to the place but, phoning from a nearby pre-arranged payphone, no answer.

That happened a few times.

More recently, a very-well respected member of CERB and I set up an appointment to meet at her place.

I got there, and pressing the buzzer, a guy answers! I just left.

But the nice thing is that she E-mailed me back saying she fell sick and thoroughly apologized for the situation.

That was alright with me as it shows class and respect.

And I did see her afterwards and it was a great time for both of us!

I never have never encountered a "no show" from a provider. A no show is showing up and no response from her period.

Or "No show no phone call"

Now I have had where the provider had called me just prior and unable to maintain the appointment, but I do not consider that a "no show"

I consider that part of the business for her and myself, where other issues may come about that are important to her and she cannot maintain the appointment.

The ladies always have another life to fulfill so we must be understanding and a gent about it.

I have only had one true no-show from an SP on Ottawa. Had a couple of cancellations and one re-scheduled due to 'real-life' intervention, but I was contacted in plenty of time on the re-schedules so I guess I have been lucky to date.

All I can say is 'no harm no foul'. When 'real-life' happens, not a lot you can do. :)

I am finding that "No shows" are a fact of life here in the nation's capitol, and not just in this community. Tradesmen, appliance repair/installers, delivery people etc are all bad. If you can't make it, say so. I much prefer to make another arrangement than to wait in vain.

Perhaps I am expecting to much, where I came from was a different problem. You couldn't get any of the above mentioned as there were shortages all around. Service suppliers would tell you outright they were to busy to accomodate you. However, if you got one to commit, not always easy, he was there with bells on.