Cable tv alternatives

I cut the cable cord 3 years ago and haven't looked back. If there is a show that is shown on CTV, CBC or Global TV, you can usually watch it, a day or two later on their relative websites.

You can't stream from American sites such as ABC, NBC or CBS, because we are in Canada.

If you have an antennae (no more rabbit ears), you can pick up CBC in HD and other stations like CJOH, TVO, etc.

There are other options, but I personally don't want to make comment about streaming or downloading tv shows and movies from free sites because that's technically illegal.

There was an article on CBC news about that service today. I cut the cord 5 yrs ago.

I stream and/or download everything from the internet. The only cost to me is the for Netflix and my monthly internet bill. I'm paying 1/3 of what I use to. I don't see myself ever going back to that kind of service.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Google KODO a streaming app that is freeware and works well for streaming

Posted via Mobile Device

I cut the cable cord a very long time ago, been on netflix for a few years now and absolutely love it.

I can watch what I want, when I want, where I want instead of being tied to the umbilical cord of cable.

For $8 a month and just the cost of internet, it's definitely the way to go for me.

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

I've been on roof-top digital tv antenna since the analog signal went out a few years back. It's a full HD signal over the air, much better quality than cable or satellite because it's not a compressed signal. The picture is friggin amazing. I don't pay cable or satellite. I have limited channels since I live on the outskirts of Ottawa and I get my signal off the Camp Fortune tower but I supplement my TV viewing with an Apple TV, and various internet channels. I save a tons of money every month.

You just stick a digital antenna on your roof and I get 18 free local channels can even get 14 with an antenna on a stool by the TV, though for some reason I get global twice, once in hi-def and once in 3x4~LOL~ and you're right, my hi-def cable buddies are amazed at the picture quality.

Guest S****r

I have had Netflix only for a couple of years and it is more than enough for me. I doubt I will ever go back to tv with commercials.

Oh, and, not live, but giddyupnetwork and uflix have every show known to man for free, usually later the same day. You just have to find the dependable links and navigate the opening popup ads

You can't stream from American sites such as ABC, NBC or CBS, because we are in Canada.

You can if you get a VPN service :)

I cut my cable a year ago and if you have a TV with a built in tuner then just plug your cable directly into the TV and you get 26 free channels. I have 3 TV's all working that way plus free OTA, my only cost is Netflix-The Net and a few tricks up my sleeve.

Want to save more cash,... Kill Bell, use OOMA, with 3 phone lines with free long distance North America and I save 230$ a month.