One of Life's Valuable Lessons Learned.....

Well said Flyer. We too often need to be reminded that the simple pleasures in life that are there to be found, if only we take the time to look for them and enjoy them.

The stresses and pressures of life never go away; how we handle them is up to us. Someone much smarter than me once said that 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. The other 90% is decided by how you react.

• Like 2

One can easily join the provincial donor registry online. The fact remains that one donor can save up to 8 lives and enhance as many as 75 more. What a gift!!!.

Unless I want to take everything to grave with me intact, I have no problem with signing this organ donor card and encourage eveyone else to voluntarily do same. It is an option to take. If everyone does this, it may go a long way to address donor shortage In Canada. May be enough good deed there on my part to send me to heaven where the unshaven angels are waiting my arrival lol:).

Oh yes, enjoy the precious life while you can and I add this to flyer's great post:

Say it loud and clear to your loved ones that you love them while you have the chance. Kiss your loved ones at every chance and show them that you love them before it is too late lol.

It is good to be reminded every so often of what is really important flyer.

There's not many mornings that i don't wake up totally in the moment...i love to take my morning coffee out front and sit and just listen to the birds singing...block out all other sound and just relax...we have so much to be thankful for and we should never lose sight of that. Like they say...say it's contagious ...kisses

I have come close to loosing many friends and family......then I have lost alot more frinds and family to illness and sudden death.....

I have a few things they have taught me I try to live by....

- Never let a day pass without learnin something new.....

- Enjoy each day and each breath............

- Take vacation no matter what....even if you are retired.....

• Like 1

Very true. Try to live each day as though it were your last, and never take anything for granted. You never know what's around the corner... Just something to think about.

Thanks for the post Flyer. I was having a particularly "crappy" day yesterday, and your post gave me something to think about. Best not to sweat the small stuff, no matter haw big they seem at the time. Try to remember the big picture.

777 ....

I have been where your friend was, and am now living where your friend is.

Eight years ago I spent a month in hospital awaiting surgery. It had been a tough two years prior... my marriage had ended, my career was stagnant, my kids were distant, my house was no longer my home. Two days prior to my surgery my ex wife arrived at the hospital with my divorce papers; the same day I found out that the girl I had been dating was seeing another guy. It was, without a doubt the lowest point in my life.

The night before the surgery I had an epiphany. The doctor had said that the surgery, although rather routine, did carry some level of risk. He said that 30% of all patients in my situation die on the table. It was at that moment that I made a promise to myself.

I said that if I made it through, my life was going to change. Positive change. I made a commitment to myself that life was not going to be an eternal misery preceding a rather inglorious end.

Two days later, I woke up. I felt like absolute crap, and there were tubes in places I had no idea they could go (side note: you don't realize a catheter is in you until they take it out... YOUCH!!!!)... but I was alive.

Since that day I have appreciated life to the fullest. I will admit that my life is not all sunshine, rainbows and unicorns... nobody's life is... and I do have my absolutely crappy days... but most days I wake up happy to be alive. I have more friends than I know what to do with... my kids are the joy of my life... and I really SEE the world for what it is, and it is a good place.

Like you, I am not a religious guy.... but seeing the world through rose coloured glasses is a wonderful thing!

• Like 1

Hey Dog

I've always enjoyed reading your posts on here, you certainly have a great out look on life........... I am glad you worked your way through those issues, which were no doubt very difficult

Kudos to you !

SNK

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today".....Will Rogers

And one often credited to Eleanor Roosevelt..."Today is History..Tomorrow is Mystery..Today is a Gift"

Peace

Mr Green

I often think about why it requires a personal tragedy or a traumatic experience to make changes in our lives. How many times have we seen people overcome these experiences and make lifelong changes that just bring them so much more happiness.

For me I break it down into small "Thanks"

I'm thankful .....

..that I wake up

..I can walk

..I can see my face in the mirror and smile

..I can speak and hear

then I give thanks to all those who love me and I'm able to love back

to all that give me business so I can provide for myself and my family

that I may give to those who are needy.

Don't get me wrong, I have bad days too when I'm angry, sad or scared. Then I think back to all the things I give thanks for, breathe it in and everything just seems brighter.

Just my 2 cents worth for today.

ATH

I used to be the kind of person that would always be in a rush (still a little). However I've learned to change that bad habit. Being a night owl I would always prefer a little more sleep and then get ready super fast, eat a quick & poor breakfast (in a good day) and run to school/work.

Now I wake up early enough to be able to do everything taking my time as I never know when will be my last day so I try enjoy every single thing I do in case.Also, I try to tell/show everyday to the people I care the most how much they mean to me.

Finally, I'm grateful for everything I have which is a lot :-D