The diagnostic criteria for psychopathy and borderline personality disorder are NOWHERE near the same. Not at all.

I don't know what articles you are reading, but for one, Wikipedia is not always the best source of information.

Best,

Someone who has studied psychology.

I was just disagreeing with the proposal that men are more often psychopaths than women. I believe the proportion of the general population is similar regardless of sex. The article was stating that the SYMPTOMS of psychopathy were often different for women which leads to different diagnoses.

Discretion on both sides needs to be respected. I think every lady I've seen on a regular basis knows my real name and where I work. They could reach me easily and with little effort. That is an element of trust, and was earned. Having said that, I've never been particularly interested in knowing the real identities of the women I see, although I do know some details about their real lives, which they have chosen to share.

I would be very hesitant to give my name to someone I had never met before (although I have done it a few times, in part because of their presence and profile on this board made me feel I could trust them). As I said, that trust is earned through the development of an ongoing intimate business relationship. This is precisely why there are verification processes and references for initial meetings.

• Like 5

Guest D***el B***e
How did this thread go from divulging a real name to psychopaths and so on.... Perhaps sticking to the initial topic would be best

As I said earlier, we're on our way to 20 pages ... lol

I prefer the woman i'm being intimate with calling me by my real name.

So much better than them screaming out "You are the best I've ever had Johnybird!!!!" lol!

ok maybe i'm exaggerating the actual quote and the enthusiasm behind it, but you get the just of what I'm saying ;)

It's such a beautiful sunny day today

-

• Like 4

Guest D***el B***e
I prefer the woman i'm being intimate with calling me by my real name.

So much better than them screaming out "You are the best I've ever had Johnybird!!!!" lol!

ok maybe i'm exaggerating the actual quote and the enthusiasm behind it, but you get the just of what I'm saying ;)

It's such a beautiful sunny day today

-

Yes I get it ... but she really meant to scream out "Daniel Boone" !!! lol

Yes I get it ... but she really meant to scream out "Daniel Boone" !!! lol

But JohnnyB- she'd probably scream oh Johnny your bird!

DB- Just what I did last night;) because I thought that was your real name, lol.

• Like 1

How did this thread go from divulging a real name to psychopaths and so on.... Perhaps sticking to the initial topic would be best

This IS still the initial topic, isn't it? Some version of "doubt about the other person" was one of the reasons offered by both companions and clients for preferring anonymity, if I recall.

• Like 1

This IS still the initial topic, isn't it? Some version of "doubt about the other person" was one of the reasons offered by both companions and clients for preferring anonymity, if I recall.

Somewhat. But delving into the causes of, reasons for, the differences between psychopaths and other personality traits, illnesses or disorders is veering off the subject at hand. If one wants to discuss psychology perhaps starting another thread would be better suited. It would be akin to me starting a thread about dogs and you injecting a discussion about ptsd. But if you feel the need to discuss it here, feel free:)

• Like 1

Well, I always introduce myself with my first name, my age, where I am located, where I saw the ladies ad and, if it relates in any way, my screen name here or somewhere else. It's just a simple courtesy and there is absolutely no danger involved. I don't understand the fear or concern of this, never did. Hell, I'd tell you all here my first name and never worry for a minute.

PS. Sorry that I haven't been around posting for a while. I should contribute more to the community. Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying spring and having lots of fun. :icon_wink: Tis that time of year. A little early yet but an old poem goes....

Hurray, hurray, the first of May.

Outdoor screwing begins today. :tongue:

• Like 4

Since I don't have any kind of a background in psychology guess I'll have to stick to the original topic :-)

In my case I've never had any issues with providing my real name and actual phone number to a lady. First and foremost being a single guy I don't have to hide any hobbying from an SO/GF.

As well I've had the good fortune to have met many ladies at the various Ottawa socials so I've had the chance to get to know many of the ladies and get a tremendous sense of trust and comfort in providing this information. In fact I've mentioned other details such as workplace as I've had that high a level of comfort with the ladies I have met.

Lastly even if I had not met the lady at a social, based on a lady's board presence and reputation I choose ladies I feel comfortable with. for me the bottom line is if you're not comfortable or don't trust someone then perhaps that person may not be for you or if this is a general feeling then you may not be giving yourself the best opportunity to truly enjoy this hobby and enjoy the company of the lovely ladies here.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 5

I guess I was in a grumpy mood when I posted earlier, but I did say "remote" possibility. As most people have said, this industry relies on discretion and it's not in anybody's interest to betray any personal information given. Word gets around pretty quick. And as Berlin (I believe?) said, most of us just ain't worth the bother. lol

• Like 2

Since I don't have any kind of a background in psychology guess I'll have to stick to the original topic :-)

In my case I've never had any issues with providing my real name and actual phone number to a lady. First and foremost being a single guy I don't have to hide any hobbying from an SO/GF.

As well I've had the good fortune to have met many ladies at the various Ottawa socials so I've had the chance to get to know many of the ladies and get a tremendous sense of trust and comfort in providing this information. In fact I've mentioned other details such as workplace as I've had that high a level of comfort with the ladies I have met.

Lastly even if I had not met the lady at a social, based on a lady's board presence and reputation I choose ladies I feel comfortable with. for me the bottom line is if you're not comfortable or don't trust someone then perhaps that person may not be for you or if this is a general feeling then you may not be giving yourself the best opportunity to truly enjoy this hobby and enjoy the company of the lovely ladies here.

Just my thoughts.

I don't have any problem using my real first name, its easier than making up a fake persona. I would have to know a lady quite well before giving any more information, but that has happened on occasion.

I also don't see any reason to inquire about a lady's real name or identity. I don't see why anybody would want or need that info. For me its the persona the lady has chosen that I'm attracted to, and I think she rightfully should stick to that. Many of them have full lives outside of this profession and they have a right to their anonymity.

The lady's need to guard their real identity for safety and security, and I support that.

• Like 1

I don't have any problem using my real first name, its easier than making up a fake persona. I would have to know a lady quite well before giving any more information, but that has happened on occasion.

I also don't see any reason to inquire about a lady's real name or identity. I don't see why anybody would want or need that info. For me its the persona the lady has chosen that I'm attracted to, and I think she rightfully should stick to that. Many of them have full lives outside of this profession and they have a right to their anonymity.

The lady's need to guard their real identity for safety and security, and I support that.

I hadn't noticed this post quoting mine until now but I did want to clarify that I have never inquired about a lady's real name and that I assume the second paragraph above does not apply to my quote.

The intent of my previous post was to highlight my personal comfort in sharing my information with ladies I felt comfortable with and without the ladies divulging any of their information.