Do you know anyone who became famous - or have you met anyone famous?

The 80s:

I was buying boots at a custom leather store in Toronto at the same time the band Duran Duran were in shopping.

I worked for a media consulting firm and got to meet such people as Tom Cochrane, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ronnie Hawkins, Helex, Lee Aaaron, Glass Tiger, Jane Siberry, etc.

I "de-virginated" the head of a well known record label whose name I will not publish, but if you were to google his name, he's all over the Internet.

I used to hang around the same crowd as Jeff Healey before he starred in Roadhouse and has career took off seeing how we were all into blues and going to open jam nights at Grossman's Tavern on Spadina Ave (near College Street in Toronto.

While in Los Angeles, met Scott Columby who was in that movie "Porky's". Also met Erin Moran, who played Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days.

A former boss was best friends with Allan Gregg when he was head of Decima Research in Toronto back and I used to run stuff over to his office - he was one of the original financial backers of The Tragically Hip, so I got to go to a lot of parties back then.

In the past few years...just members of Parliament - big deal!

No famous "clients" (that I know of) yet.

A sister SP of mine who is Francophone had a famous American comedian visit her, but she never clued in as to who he was until she was flipping thru the late night talk shows and lo and behold, there is was trading cracks with Letterman.

It's a small world - so make sure if you do anything indiscreet, you hide the evidence and if asked, DENY, DENY, DENY.

Hmm...let me think....I have travelled a lot on the West Coast from California to Vancouver & Victoria. Met a few people back east as a kid, mostly "Mr. Rogers", Sesame Street type stuff. Ronnie Hawkins. Later, traveling with my mother I met Frank Sinatra, Brian Wilson, and a very strange cult leader in California. As an adult, Johnny Depp & Dustin Nguyen (21 Jump Street), Jim Belushi, Ken Wahl (Wiseguy), Anthony Michael Hall (Wierd Science, Breakfast Club), The Manhattan Transfer, The Nylons, Goldie Hawn (in Victoria filming 'Bird on a Wire'...more my brother's friend than mine), Charles Bronson, Lou Ferrigno. Calypso Rose a couple of weeks ago. It's always when you don't expect it, you see someone and it's like, OHAI! So much fun to talk with them. Not much on the Island, but when I worked in Vancouver it happened all the time. My ex has been the one getting to meet everyone the past few years.

Sometimes with clients it's fun to say "Has anyone ever told you that you look exactly like ...--?" and they mutter, "Yeah, I get that a lot" LOL

Chad Kroeger (Nickelback), Guy LaFleur, Ray Emery and Jason Spezza, Dave Stieb( former bluejays ace), Jason Mewes (Clerks, chasing amy, Jay and silent bob), Wendel Clark and Gary Leeman( toronto maple leafs, from my cab driving days), not as many as i'd like, and unfortunately, no ladies on the list.... HOWEVER, I am hoping to meet Carrie Moon at some point, for some Carrieoeke?

I was introduced to and chatted with Dennis Farina (Get Shorty) in Chicago and partied with Steven Baldwin in Miami Beach. I know there were a few others along my travels but for some reason those are the only ones that are still clearly in my memories!

While on holiday in Acapulco in 1990 I was in a beach bar and sat beside Kim Mitchell and we talked like normal strangers until people ran to us and asked for autographs. It was then that I asked him is name again and realized I was in company of a legend. Patio Lantern

Easy to tame

All we are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD_0lEXnc0Q

The 80s:

A former boss was best friends with Allan Gregg ......- he was one of the original financial backers of The Tragically Hip, so I got to go to a lot of parties back then.

I know (knew, those who passed) the parents of the Tragically Hip. Does that count?

:p

I was sitting across from Patrick Roy last winter at Zak's Diner. I almost crapped my pants! I didn't bug him, and he didn't bug me, but he knew I knew who he was.

Met Keifer Sutherland in Victoria. They were shooting something right downstars from where my school was. He was very gracious.

I slept with a guy in Halifax on a working trip that I'm sure was Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys. Minus the funny voice and glasses.

I met James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich. James was grumpy and not too pleasant, but Lars was fantastic! When I told him I didn't want a photo or an autograph, he grabs me and says "well a hug, then".

I knew a couple of the boys from Hot Hot Heat socially. They were friends with an old bf.

And my all-time favorite wasn't actually anyone famous per se. He worked for Mirimax as a set designer. He would book for multiple hours and we would spend most of that time chatting away about stuff. I still wonder if he's still doing that and how many more crazy stories he'd have to tell.

Posted via Mobile Device

Chad Kroeger (Nickelback), Guy LaFleur, Ray Emery and Jason Spezza, Dave Stieb( former bluejays ace), Jason Mewes (Clerks, chasing amy, Jay and silent bob), Wendel Clark and Gary Leeman( toronto maple leafs, from my cab driving days), not as many as i'd like, and unfortunately, no ladies on the list.... HOWEVER, I am hoping to meet Carrie Moon at some point, for some Carrieoeke?

I've known Carrie Moon for years - I'll see what strings I can pull for you (LOL)...

Additional Comments:

I know (knew, those who passed) the parents of the Tragically Hip. Does that count?

I take it you are from the Kingston area then? Didn't Dan Akroyd have or has a big place around there?

Additional Comments:

I take it you are from the Kingston area then? Didn't Dan Akroyd have or has a big place around there?

Yes, Dan Akroyd has a place on Loughborough Lake, just north of Kingston. I have run into him at various occasions downtown Kingston. He likes the Pan Chancho Bakery.

When I first started working as an SP, I had a very famous local hockey player call me for an appt. Let's just say he no longers plays in the NHL, loved the limelight too much and was often criticized for paryting too much.

Other celebrities I've seen were often in Vancouver. I was touring as an SP and went into the bathroom of a restaurant I happened to be at , and lo and behold who was in there? Tori Spelling. She dropped her cell phone in the toilet and was offering women who were in there $100 to fish it out of the toilet for her. I left the ladies room shaking my head.

Another celebrity I saw in Vancouver was Ben Affleck and I saw him at a restaurant one night in 2003. When he walked out, many people got his autograph and I jumped at the chance.

That wasn't my only encounter with Ben Affleck. I was on a flight in first class on a trip from Atlanta to L.A. and we were waiting to take off. We started were joking about the time we went into a Memphis movie theatre and ending up seeing that awful movie Gigli with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. With a tabloid magazine in hand (and of course Affleck on one of the pages) we started laughing and then someone came down and sat next to me across the aisle. It was Ben Affleck and soon to follow Jennifer Garner with their new baby!! I was so shocked just because of the fact that we had just been talking about him. So I had the opportunity to make small talk with him and his wife on a 4 hour flight. They were both very nice and did not seem pretentious at all.

Other sightings I have seen

Renee Zellweger offering a homeless man some left over food from a restaurant.

Matthew Perry at the Ottawa airport.

Guest s******ecan****

Was at the same Jamaican resort as Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) one time. Could have asked for his autograph or said "hey aren't you..." but I figured the guy's on vacation.

It's not really fair, but I met a ton of people when I worked at Pearson airport. The not fair part??? They HAD to deal with me.

Actors?

Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise, Sean Bean, Sean Astin, George Carlin, Whoopi Goldberg, Renee Zellwegger, Lucy Liu, Catherine Zeta Jones, Richard Gere, Jackie Chan, Heather Graham, Rosario Dawson, Zoe Saldana, Kim Basinger, Bette Midler, Ann B Davis (Alice from the Brady Bunch), Mischa Barton, Helen Hunt

Singers/Musicians?

Barry Manilow, the Pussycat Dolls, Carlos Santana, The Beach Boys, Tiny Tim, Rod Stewart, Bill Wyman, The Byrds, Ringo Starr, The Who, Gene Loves Jezebel, Nirvana, Burt Bacharach, Yes, Mariah Carey, Depeche Mode, Itzak Perlman, Yo yo Ma...ohhhh and Michael Bolton (dickhead extraordinaire!)

Sports?

The Leafs, the Jays and the Raptors... all the time. Jean Beliveau, Bobby Hull, Bobby Orr, Frank Mahovilich and Gordie Howie. Tons of others from visiting teams... Charles Barkley was my fave! WWF/WWE wrestlers by the ton!!!

Lots of others... they will eventually come to mind....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxsEjRHbblAi5kpuMLFqy8j7cxjkVkBnvtP3ulYC1LOW3Ii3k&t=1&usg=__kGjToAq0Aqcrvc8mGC_xQFb04OQ=Old Dog: You mentioned Michael Bolton as being a dickhead - makes sense - he kinda looks like one!!

He thought he was "all that and a bag o' chips"... mind you so did Manilow!

For me I have known Gordie Brown for 25 yrs now healines in Vegas

Very good friends with Emmerson Drive Country Group

Grew up with Steve Yzerman Luc Richardson

I have met and chatted with Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham Nascar

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Almost for got probably these not well like people

Mike Harris former Premier

Jim Flaherety Finance Minister

John Baird Tony Clement

Have worked closely and still friends with some

Also played 18 holes of golf with Guy Lafleur

Posted via Mobile Device

The VERY first celebrity I met, I was about 11. My buddy was a great all around athlete and played on the local all star hockey team.

We went to see his team play Brantford in an All Star match. Mark (my buddy) scored 3 goals and would have been the star of the game if not for...

Wayne Gretzky. Wayne scored 14 goals for Brantford as an 11 year old and made our boys look like toddlers. He was that good even as a kid.

He thought he was "all that and a bag o' chips"... mind you so did Manilow!

Isn't Manilow like richer than God?

Manilow is richer than God... but when I met him he was in between times in his career.

I met him in 91... he came in to Toronto behind a whole bunch of Portuguese people on a flight. He rushed to the front of the line and proclaimed, "excuse me, do you know who I am???" My colleague, the most sagacious man I ever met, looked up over his glasses and said quietly, " I know who you WERE.... but these people were here first." Manilow shrunk back and was as quiet as a church mouse.

Famous in Who mind ?

My Father was a Radio & TV Sports Caster .

I thought my dad was the Greatest

Bobby Orr , live in my House when he played Junior A.

I think That was Cool .

No , I was not old enough ...lol

My X Husband was A radio personality & Voice Actor.

Still is Voice Actor , The Voice of a Canadian T.V. Station

So , where every I go .. I hear his Voice:ablow:

Ohhhh Ya .... I get to hear his voice VERY day , not fun .

But well married to him ... met many singers .

But did Gladys Nights Night nails !! She Broke One.

Being in the Business , Had one as a client(Comedian ) . well I don't kiss and tell.:rolleyes:

I grew up in West London, the place is crawling with famous people, so I never gave it much thought. I had actors that lived on my street, musicians, writers...it never really mattered to me, they were my neighbours and friends. They would come to our house for supper...not a big deal. I've dated a couple of famous women, and again it was them I was dating and not their fame. As for who they are, well I'm not going to say, but they are just people to me and their fame makes no difference to me.

I personally know some very famous music artists from Nova Scotia and Toronto.

To only name a few. I've met Nicholas Cage and Eva Mendes in New Orleans but I didn't approach them. To me actors are just humans who make millions if not billions, that's their job. They said hello and everytime they would see me give me a nod. They were filming a movie together at the hotel where I was staying.

My work in the media has me working with "celebrities" daily, people we all see on tv or hear on the radio on a daily basis. It also affords me the opportunity to meet shall we say larger scale celebs , performers, athletes, politicians, actors etc.

The only time I've ever been "star struck" so to speak was when

James Barber , the Urban Peasant came by one day. I always thought he was cool and he cooked like I do messy, presentation sucked but the food tastes great. He was very endearing and a genuinely nice guy, reminded me of my grandpa.

My sister and I saw Stuart Townsend at the Toronto airport when we were picking our dad up (who was returning from India). He's basically famous for dating Charlize Theron, but he also played Lestat in Queen of the Damned and Dorian Gray in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

We didn't approach him though, we just gushed from afar. I was 19 and she was 17 and at the time we thought he was some pretty sexy shit. He's much shorter than one would imagine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Townsend