PM's and short notice appointments..

This is addressed to all the Gentlemen on the Board looking for short notice appointments (same day, within the next few hours).....

I had someone PM me and ask for an appointment within 3 hrs of the pm. When i didn't respond in time, was then told how "irresponsible" i am.

Well as i have said time and time again, but will say once more.....

I'm not always near a computer. I'm usually not even home. If you want to reach me short notice, CALL ME.

I have a cell phone, which is always within arms reach and is on 24/7 for that specific reason.

If you are shy and not comfortable calling, text me.

Thank you gentlemen and have a wonderful day ;););)

• Like 6

I have to agree with you Luxie,

I actually had this problem myself today. I checked my work email (which I dont usually book same day appointments on) and there were 4 people requesting an appointment at a specific time and they never even called.

So I responded that if they would like to book its best to call me as I dont have time to often check my emails and respond quickly and that the ideal way to reach is yes a text if you are intimidated or a call if your looking for something as they say "asap"

Guest s******ecan****

Good thread especially for newbies. I've learned over time to expect possible long delays in response to PM's. I always check an SP's profile to see if there is an email listed as I find those are usually followed up very quickly. Also as you indicated some SP's prefer to be contacted by phone or text.

Same here. My ads specifically state phone calls for details, no texts. Meaning if you want to reach me do not use email either. I check my emails only 2-3 times daily, because of this policy. If someone sends an email, my only reply is to tell them to call. So this AM around 9AM I check emails, as per usual morning, and see one sent at 8:45 from the night before, saying only "r u available?".

Well, yes, actually, I was. But 12 hours later is when he finds out, which to me means that someone is not paying attention because how could anyone possibly get the email, reply to the email, await yet another response and conceive that an appt would be arranged for the same evening??

In any case, my advice is to pay attention to the entire ad, because within it somewhere is the best contact method.

I can't imagine someone thinking anything but a phone call is a good way to arrange something within a few hours of the preferred time.

I have been guilty of short notice requests as I seldom know in advance when I will have some free time. Afternoons can sometimes mysteriously clear themselves and it can’t hurt to ask if someone happens to be available. I would never however, hold either a lack of response or a lack of availability against an sp. It is not their fault I am so poor at planning ahead.

I also would recommend trying a different means of communication in addition to the pm for short notice requests. “Logged on” does not necessarily mean sitting in front of the computer.

• Like 1

This is addressed to all the Gentlemen on the Board looking for short notice appointments (same day, within the next few hours).....

I had someone PM me and ask for an appointment within 3 hrs of the pm. When i didn't respond in time, was then told how "irresponsible" i am.

I'm not always near a computer. I'm usually not even home. If you want to reach me short notice, CALL ME.

I have a cell phone, which is always within arms reach and is on 24/7 for that specific reason.

good one i agree if you want a quick appointment it's best to call not all ladies sit on there computer waiting for pm's

Guest W***ledi*Time
... pay attention to the entire ad, because within it somewhere is the best contact method....

Bingo! And, no matter the preferred contact method, no matter even if she declares herself to be conducting a 24/7 business ... unless she uses a booking service, the lady will not (or at least should not!) be responding if she happens to be currently busy earning her living!

Bingo! And, no matter the preferred contact method, no matter even if she declares herself to be conducting a 24/7 business ... unless she uses a booking service, the lady will not (or at least should not!) be responding if she happens to be currently busy earning her living!

not only that but just because we dont answer the ohone does not necesarily mean we're with a client. I had a client once call and mention once I had methim that he had tried to get in touch with me but never left a message because he wanted to be the first person he saw that day and because I wasn't able to answer the phone he assumed I was with a client.

I do not answer the phone when I am driving/at my paren't house/picking up my kid from daycare etc. we all have outside lives that kep us from our computer/phone. LEAVE A MESSAGE! lol

re: the origional post: I agree, it is so frustrating to return home getting messages in the inbox about last minute appointments. Sunday night I returned to two messages from a possible client. the first message was asking for a last minute appointment...the secont was from the same client saying "silly me I guess I could phone you....." and then went on to make the same request appologizing for the late notice"

but did he call? even after acknowledging that he could? nope....

this is why on my ad I specifically say "for same-day requests please call". And usually the comment comes right before my phone number. I am always very quick to point this put when I respond to the person. generally I never hear from them again when I do. Their loss.

A cerb member actually booked an appointment with me one time, and I told him he needed to confirm by phone because I was not going to be home that day (at Saturday) and that I always needed to "hear a voice" before setting out. Sure enough, when I got home later that night, there was a pm from him. I asked him why he didn't call me as we had agreed, and he said, "oh I thought you'd probably be near a computer at some point" - said he was "too shy to call". I'm not sure how he figured the appointment was going to happen.

This is not some newbie - he is a seasoned cerb member who posts often, so I can't use that as an excuse. So he, of all people should have known better.

In this case, I regarded it as an excuse to bail on me. Maybe it's off topic, but I think it's just common sense that if you want same day appointments, or the lady requests that you must call in person to confirm an appointment (whether she is near a computer or not) you should call.

If you don't get an answer, leave a message indicating whether or not we can call you back or text. Also indicate what time you would like the appointment for how long and what time you will be calling back (if we can't call you back).

It's very simple. This is how business is done every day. When I was an executive assistant, I was not always able to take calls or I was not always able to reach people and this is what I did.

Not everyone has a blackberry they can check.

Thanks.

Seriously to the gents who are doing this, get your act together you make it harder for those of us who follow the rules to get things done.

There's nothing wrong with short notice appointments, suddendly the mood strikes, or your schedule opens up... there's no harm in asking. But don't rely on email or pms as the primary source of communication, that's just plain crazy. This is why the police do not have a 911 email address :)

And to those who've scolded a provider for not promptly returning your last minute pm looking for company, shame on you.

Maybe they couldn't answer your pm because they were already busy with a client who booked in advance, maybe they were at work, school or otherwise leading a life. To expect a prompt and speedy reply for a possible appointment by way of PM is about as logical as expecting a prompt reply by canada post.

• Like 5

I don't mind doing short notice appointments, a lot of mine are. I always need a couple hours, so they can't be THAT short notice, because I have a bunch of extra steps that most girls don't have to take care of, but I rarely have people booking in advance.

What really bugs me though, is people who get an attitude about not being able to do super short notice, like the guy who called you "irresponsible". I can't imagine how far someone's head has to be up their own butt to say something like that.

I rarely take same-day bookings, especially now that life got a whole lot busier!

Guys, don't assume we are always able to promptly reply to your contact. Sometimes we can, sometimes we can't. Name-calling is completely unwarranted. And since it was previously brought up - if you can't follow a lady's rules (especially with the all-important confirmation call) don't waste her time by booking. The rules - very much like the rates - are NOT up for negotiation or "special exceptions".

Posted via Mobile Device

Call me strict' date=' but I currently don't take same-day bookings from new clients.[/quote']

I am the same way, I have a pre-booking policy for everyone whether new or "used" clients (is preloved the more PC term these days?). ;)

I thought I'd chime in because I think rather than focusing on whether you should call, text, email or send a singing telegram it's important that everyone communicate with each other and listen to not only the lady in question but the clients needs as well.

Whether it's a same day date or weeks in advance you need to effectively communicate the not only your preferences but the reasoning behind it. When one understands that a decision isn't arbitrary then people are more likely to follow through on the actual act. This will also help in confirming the date by simply starting a discussion between the two of you so you can better understand the clients individual needs so you can meet them halfway.

eg. This is a conversation I have at least once a month

me: On the day before our date please send me an email at this address to confirm.

client: Would you mind if I just text you, it's easier for me.

me: I'm sorry I don't accept text. I will get the text on my phone but as I forward them to my personal phone I would have no way to respond to it and you'd have no way to know I got it. I hope you understand but I can't send a text back from my personal number. With email I forward to my phone but I can still respond from my email address.

Client: I understand. Is it possible that I can call?

Me: Yes but again I forward it to my phone. If I can't answer because I am in a meeting or with family I would let it go to my voicemail. I could call you back but I want to confirm now that it's okay for me to leave a message and to call at any time on that day after you've called me, I won't call before then or unsolicited.

Client: I understand, what if I text you and you leave me a vm on that number? It's my private cell so it's okay. It's just that I usually forget to delete my emails and I don't want my assistant to see them.

I've had that exact scenario more than once and so many variations of it. What works for me doesn't work for my clients and vice versa so we communicate differently. Just as there is no right answer for all ladies (some want a phone call some want an email) I think the most important thing is to communicate with each other.

Sorry for another way too long post from Kyra. ;)

I so agree with Luxie. It happened to me few times too. Pm's are ok if it's not last minute appointment but it's always best to call.

A cerb member actually booked an appointment with me one time, and I told him he needed to confirm by phone because I was not going to be home that day (at Saturday) and that I always needed to "hear a voice" before setting out. Sure enough, when I got home later that night, there was a pm from him. I asked him why he didn't call me as we had agreed, and he said, "oh I thought you'd probably be near a computer at some point" - said he was "too shy to call". I'm not sure how he figured the appointment was going to happen.

This is not some newbie - he is a seasoned cerb member who posts often, so I can't use that as an excuse. So he, of all people should have known better.

In this case, I regarded it as an excuse to bail on me. Maybe it's off topic, but I think it's just common sense that if you want same day appointments, or the lady requests that you must call in person to confirm an appointment (whether she is near a computer or not) you should call.

If you don't get an answer, leave a message indicating whether or not we can call you back or text. Also indicate what time you would like the appointment for how long and what time you will be calling back (if we can't call you back).

It's very simple. This is how business is done every day. When I was an executive assistant, I was not always able to take calls or I was not always able to reach people and this is what I did.

Not everyone has a blackberry they can check.

Thanks.

This. I've been meaning to address this for quite some time now. I do not own a Blackberry or iPhone or any other email equipped type phone. I check my work emails from my home and my home only. At some point in the day, I'm going to leave my house (I would hope lol) which therefore means no access to my emails. I mention on my site that up to 48 hours might pass before I can answer an email, yet that does not stop the "Are you available in an hour?" emails from coming. At the risk of sounding bitter, I sometimes get so frustrated that I wonder why I even bothered putting so much helpful advice on my site :(. It is so often ignored :(.

It's funny how this has to be a thread. but some guys don't seem to understand if they want the same day appointment best option is to call or text.

I personally rather call then over text, because many appointments via text aren't quality clients I would see. plus I got better instincts over the phone.

there are a couple times that I have thopught about putting an "out of office" automatic reply on my email, this might be a way to get people to call instead of email.

however that still wont do anything for the PMs on cerb...which tend to be where I get most of my last minute requests...people see a response or an ad, go straight to the profile and send a message instead of looking at the girl's ad etc..

Guest Ou**or**n

Not every gent has the option of placing a voice call at any time. Sometimes we are home and can send email or pm's at will. However a voice call can be overheard and cause questions. Once out of the house its easy to place confirmation calls from our cellphones.

Different SP's and clients book at different levels of advance notice. Everyone just needs to understand that and not be rude to others when the levels don't match.

In terms of short-notice PM's - I've sent them but consider them to be 'shots in the dark'. I usually will only send them if I see the lady is online and has been engaged in very recent activities. I will do this because if they are active and online they may get a pop-up notice of the PM but may not get an immediate notice if I were to have sent an email.

There is method to the madness. :smile:

As someone who hates planning to far ahead ......:ablow:..... shit allways seems to happen. I tend to be more of a call and see kind of guy. Knowing this I also realise more times than not I won't be able to get an booking at the drop of a dime and am more than happy to try again another time. It's just so inapropriate to blame the lady if you can't get hold of her in time. Don't we all have lives to live?

• Like 1

For the most part we don't sit around looking pretty checking cerb. Half the time I'm doing other things. I've had this happen to me as well and I have always said the quickest way to get a hold of me is to call. I've had many people fault me for not having a blackberry and not being able to check email. I had a blackberry and it was attached to my hip 24/7. I choose not to live like that anymore because I could never seperate my work life form my personal life and enough was enough. I have made it clear in my ads to call so if someone PMs me and gets upset that I don't answer in 1 minute, that's their problem. Life happens. Also take note that we could be busy with clients. That's why it's always great that I have another SP answer for me when I'm busy. I always try to pre-book on cerb or state in my ads to call me for same day bookings. 90% of people have complied with my request.

• Like 2

For the most part we don't sit around looking pretty checking cerb. Half the time I'm doing other things. I've had this happen to me as well and I have always said the quickest way to get a hold of me is to call. I've had many people fault me for not having a blackberry and not being able to check email. I had a blackberry and it was attached to my hip 24/7. I choose not to live like that anymore because I could never seperate my work life form my personal life and enough was enough. I have made it clear in my ads to call so if someone PMs me and gets upset that I don't answer in 1 minute, that's their problem. Life happens. Also take note that we could be busy with clients. That's why it's always great that I have another SP answer for me when I'm busy. I always try to pre-book on cerb or state in my ads to call me for same day bookings. 90% of people have complied with my request.

Same here! I do not even take my phones (work and personal) with me when I walk my dogs. I want to enjoy my walks with them to the fullest and I can't do that if my phone is glued to my ear ;).

Do to my medical condition. I can only know a few hours in advance if i will get hard enough.

Thats why I will only deal by phone. I will ask you respectfully if you can take me in a short term of time and if you say no. Its okay with me.

I will then look for someone else who can.

Do to my medical condition. I can only know a few hours in advance if i will get hard enough.

Thats why I will only deal by phone. I will ask you respectfully if you can take me in a short term of time and if you say no. Its okay with me.

I will then look for someone else who can.

At least you do it by phone! The best way! Kudos to you :)!

That's all I am asking.....PLEASE call!!! We want your business and do want to see you...but we are busy with our lives and trying to make a living....I cannot be in an appointment and checkiing my computer it doesn't work...i'm not able to be everywhere at once..... however if you call me i will hear the phone and call you back as soon as i am able...usually within the hour if not sooner....

Gentlemen you will save us a lot of headaches and yourself too, not to mention way more likely to reach the lady you are looking for, if you just CALL...

Like The Cowboy said it is ridiculous to e-mail or pm (unless specifically asked to) and expect a timely response.....

that's why 911 doesn't have e-mail!!!;-);-);-)