Ottawa 2015 Fall social

didn't think we were counting our pennies to attend a social it cost's me alot more than that hotel room an all some guy's even fly in it's for a great evening and meet great ladies...just saying

I agree that its a great time, always have a great time when I go to these. but not all of us can afford it all the time

I live further west than the social location but would gladly offer a sober drive to and from the event to anyone wishing a free ride from downtown /maybe even a second trip from elsewhere.

What I'm saying is I'll willingly help out with transpo.... it is a six passenger minivan and not a limo by any means! lol

Please pm if this would help/makes a difference in your attendance.

waterat

• Like 4

I agree that its a great time, always have a great time when I go to these. but not all of us can afford it all the time

that's very true we all can't but when i go it's not cheap and for any body it's not but it's a night out but people should read before they comment but i guess there not smart enough

• Like 1

you guys do the best job ever setting these up! so sucky hoelw it's turned out!! to all the people that organize socials thank you. I always get so excited to come from toronto to attend your lovely parties! I appecaite all the work you guys put in to make then such a fun time. hope socials aren't gone forever!

• Like 1

Guest P*rry

Loneskater and Alexxandria: Your efforts to put on the summer and fall socials are greatly appreciated. The socials are fun events so it's too bad the last two did not happen. Thank you for trying.

Loneskater: Your frustration is palpable dare I say anger. I know those feelings so let me suggest you take a break and enjoy the fine weather.

Wow sorry to hear it is canceled. I definitely would have liked to come had I planned my trip to Ottawa around it. I do not understand why guys complain about the cost of a social when they get to essentially see and talk to all the ladies in the area for free without booking a session. It is a great boon to clients to be able to get to know a lady on her time off for just partially covering venue costs.

We just did a free social in Toronto downtown, but the venue was not private and some civilians walked in off of the street, some complained also that since they could run into someone they knew in real life they didn't want to attend, and others that there weren't enough hot ladies at the event! My mind was boggled because I am pretty picky when it comes to girls and I saw plenty of young hot ladies dressed to the nines.

Unfortunately it seems like those that complain the loudest would always have something to criticize. This hobby is supposed to be fun, something you do on your free time! No one is forcing you to pay for or attend if you don't want to. You don't see any ladies complaining they're not getting paid to attend the event in their free time lol.

• Like 5

I have not attended these myself, but I know how much time and effort go into organizing events like this. Let me express my appreciation to loneskater and the other members who have contributed to the socials and community-building activities.

• Like 2

Have fun everyone...wish i could be there..kisses

oops I guess I should have read everything. Sorry to hear it had to be cancelled. I know LS and A put a lot of time and effort into these great parties. Thanks for everything.

I have attended every social in the past 4 years. For those of you that ever had to organise a kids birthday party and know the headaches about that, then imagine an adult party with booze. Ten times the headaches.

My very sincere appretiation to Loneskater and Alexandra for their efforts and to all the others that have organized such wonderful events in the past.

The interest, just wasn't there by Lyla/Cerb members at this time.

Hopefully, it will be there at Christmas.

Let's hope that the great people that make these events possible aren't discouraged and that there will be a Christams social.

BTW, the first social that I attended was a Christmas Social and besides the regular social fee, you were expected to bring an unwrapped childs gift or make a 5 dollar donation for toy mountain.

Lets make Christmas happen for all!

• Like 5

I've attended a few socials and generally most of them require gents to pay a door fee. Is it really that much of an insult to local guys to pay a small fee to cover venue costs for an event?

Or perhaps would announcing what ladies would be in attendance positively affect another social where gents would appreciate knowing in advance to warrant the cost?

Someone has to foot the bill when you want ultimate privacy and enough space to hold everyone. Heck I spend more on a movie with a friends these days. I thought the price was a great deal!

Best of luck drumming up interest for the next one. :)

Guest N***he**Ont**y

The idea of prepaid is to ensure privacy of all concerned and not having gawkers from out side looking in. It is quite a bit different from those other review board socials in Toronto.

For the next social,I know dates are limited but, maybe it would help if three different different dates were purposed and have a poll and see which date the most people can go. I am thinking maybe this may help with attendance.

I am not saying how to run things ,just a suggestion.

Loneskater and Alexandria you do a great job with the socials

Has anyone thought about having it at a private residence? Or is that just out of the question.

Is your house big enough Talia? lol

I was one of the original hosts of organizing a few Lyla parties and while they were always great fun, there was A LOT of time and effort spent organizing them to make sure it went off without a hitch. So to Lone Skater and Alexandria, thank-you for all your efforts!

Additional Comments:

i guess we'll just have to look forward to the christmas 1 hopefully it goes

The biggest issue is privacy. I remember attending one of the very first socials and the host had put in a lot of effort to make it a good one and other bar patrons attempted to crash the party by asking " How could they gain entry into the brothel party?"

Standing there witnessing those type of comments, it was at that moment that I realized I wanted to host the next one and do it privately. I ended up finding a venue that had what was required and we hd quite a few socials there that were successful.

Like I said before, it takes a lot of effort and sometimes what worked the first few times won't always work again and again. It's hard to please everyone but a private venue is key for discretion purposes.

I'm so sorry this is all falling apart. I'm going to a Vancouver Halloween Social, and it sounds like fun. However, I'm getting concerned that it might turn into something I'm not really interested in attending....

I've always wanted to attend an Ottawa Social.

Is your house big enough Talia? lol

No it's not lol! My nozy neighbour "Mary Poppins"would probably try to invite herself. I am looking forward to attend the next social though.

Montreal is having a social event on Saturday November 21, if anybody is interested in attending contact me for an invite, I was at the last one and it was a fun and well attended event with SP's representing different Genders(Male, Female, Transvestite) from Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal etc, great party with a great atmosphere, an event not to be missed.

• Like 2

I also wanted to mention, why don't the organizer's of the Ottawa Socials look into attending the next Montreal party so you could talk to some of the ladies and guys that go to those parties about interest in attending future Ottawa party's? It would be fun and good for networking as well.

Anyway's it is just a thought and hopefully there is a Ottawa Christmas Social.