Is this all there is?

Guest *Ste***cque**

Is death the end or is there something more? The good thing is, there is no wrong opinion from this side of the curtain.

What are your thoughts? Is this all there is?

Guest s******ecan****

Death is the end, so make this life worthwhile and amazing.

yEP - Deadern'r a doornail is more than just an expression.

Xero life,

Absence of conscious

Lack of motivation to have the ability to motivation

Dead critters are just meat objects with some crunchy bits and a few chemicals

No laughter possible; it's just not fashionable for the dead

No dark

No light

No sound

No nuthin

Dat's all that's writ

Yeah, this is it. There's no reason to think there's anything after we die.

I think it's safe to say that after we die, we go to the very same place we were before we were born: oblivion. And you remember how stimulating that was.

Wow you guys are depressing..lol..I'd like to think there is another adventure awaiting me on the other side..something Fabulous with all the free Christian Louboutin shoes i can wear while I chase and play with puppies!

• Like 2

I don't know if there is anything else... I think I kind of lean towards the thinking that there is not because to believe there is something more kind of makes it seem like there must be some Devine order of things and frankly I lost all hope of that being the case several years ago with the senseless passing of someone I love.... my reason and logic tell me that this is in fact all there is but my love and grief and need to know has me hoping there is more...

Just my Opinion

Guest s******ecan****

I don't find it depressing to accept this. In fact it was incredibly liberating. Life means much more to me now.

It would be interesting if some of us had stories of supernatural nature to share that could lead us to think that, maybe, something does exist after and before life. Amazing stories, but not experienced under the influence of drugs, of course ;-) That would be no scientific proof, but still interesting to hear and open our mind to this possibility.

Anybody has any?

• Like 1

Death imo just means no longer being in a physical body. I believe we are eternal beings and our souls and energy will continue to exist on a higher astral plane.

I've done astral projection which is basically an out of body experience but it freaked me out too much so I stopped. Talk about instant manifestations while doing this! This involves a lot of practice and meditation before it can happen.

In some parts of the world, many people believe that this is not the end, that there is reincarnation.

An interesting book entitled " Soul Survivor" by Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross describes a very compelling story of the reincarnation of a world war II fighter pilot. Whether we believe it or not, this book which the New York Post calls.." An astounding true story..required reading." is indeed a good read and it really makes one ponder.

• Like 4

Guest *ik****g

Don't know, don't care. But just to be safe, I'll side with Emma. Not for the shoes but for the fabulous woman wearing them. ;-)

Guest *Ste***cque**

If there is anything after this life I imagine it would not bare any connection to our current state. Maybe energy, quantum concience, atomic collective(I made that one up:))... I personally don't think it would be an ethereal form of our younger selves. It just seems too wishful. Sorry, no offence intended.

Regardless of our personal beliefs, I think we should live as if this is our only shot at living what scottthecanuck called a "worthwhile and amazing" life. Imagining there is an afterlife where things are perfect allows us to tolerate the intolerable on this plane knowing all wrongs will eventually get righted in an afterlife. Think about it, if we knew for certain this was "it" would we sit back and allow suffering and injustice in the world like most of us do currently?

We as humans will always be incomplete where wanting to be perfect or getting it all done is concerned.

We will never get it all done so enjoy the contrast in life because without contrast such as hard times or sad times, there would be no joy. This is a blessing. If we were all perfect, life would be very boring. Despite what any one person believes in and is entitled to believe in, enjoy and appreciate what you have and live life to the fullest!

I see small miracles everyday and take them as signs (literally!) but that's just me. Not everyone gets to see what I see or have the ability to be in tune with the things I experience. I see the world through different eyes and sometimes it's lonely knowing what I know because I feel I'm on the outside looking in like watching a movie and seems like those around are just going through the motion.

I am well aware of literally being able to create my own reality. I live and breathe it every single day. My thought process has done a 360. In turn and having this wakeup, it has allowed me stop and smell the rose and appreciate this planet we live on now. To be conscious, I am grateful.

• Like 1

I am not sure if there is "life after death", but I do know before my sister passed away last year she said Dad was there waiting for her, which made it easier for her.

As for reincarnation, if there is, I want to come back as a whale...15" tongue and a hole in the top of my head to breathe through, women will love me!

• Like 1