Dishwasher Recommendations?

My automatic dishwasher just died last night. Rats.

Have to get a new one installed. Rats.

Don't want to spend money. Rats.

I had a Kitchen-Aid & it lasted about 15yrs. I'd say I got good use out of the thing.

Does anyone have any recommendations about the brands?

I know appliances are made somewhere in the same factory by Asian multi-nationals - but are they all of equal quality?

Guest *Ste***cque**

You could always get yourself a wife. :)

If you think a mechanical dishwasher is a less expensive option I would suggest consumer reports. I have a maytag that is 14 years old but looks brand new due to lack of use. I'm married...

I worry sometimes people won't get my humor.:)

KitchenAid is one brand name of the Whirlpool Corporation. They have a very good reputation for quality and good corporate citizenship. KitchenAid is their premium line and as good as money can buy, Whirlpool brand is almost as good with most of the same features for less money.

General Electric and LG are made in the same plant. Top end are fine, lower end, not.

Install it properly and level.

Source: neighour sells tons of appliances at retail and for new construction at mid to insanely expensive levels. I avoid boutique lines simply because service and parts can be a pain. Whirlpool or GE parts are easy to get. Parts from Sub Zero will kill you.

Look at Kenmore from Sears, also look at chain stores such as Best Buy/The Brick/Leons/Trail etc. Ask people at work. Also look at consumer reports (online it cost a fee). Ask the salesman what type they prefer.

Get a demonstration if you can. In Victoria the Sears furniture store had some dishwashers hooked up. I bought a Kenmore and still working after 15 years.

I always look for a really quiet model, when I moved and needed another dishwasher. At the time a lady I worked with had a BOSH, it kept breaking down, so I ended up buying a Samsung and its still working after 4 years.

I also think its how you treat your dishwasher. Scrape/Rinse/Soak dishes before putting in.

Nix the woman ideal, as a guy and you will be helping with the dishes, you'll always be tempted to snap the towel at her bum. :)

Whatever you buy do not get a Samsung: mine had his first failure after 2 months and it is now the 8th time the guy comes in 3 years...

He knows my adress by heart...

I did buy a 4 years extended warranty,first time I used that feature...

still 1 more year ,I swore I will wear them down..

Thing is there is a ''lemon''warranty where they exchange it for a new one but it has to be for 3 times in a row for the same problem and they say it is not...

I am stubborn and told them fine but I will call you back till Dec 2016...

So far I've figure out it cost them more then the worth of my dishwasher to come repair it...

I did ask my new buddy the repairman what brand was good and he said Kitchen-aid is good (for next time so he doesn't come visit me so often )lol

I couldn't agree with you more. After using a GE for over 20 years, we replaced it (still working!) with a Samsung. My.... what a mistake! Samsung is a famous brand - yes, but in electronics. It is much quieter but the dishes always come out uncleaned although I always scrap away left over food, rinse well with water, and..space them well apart in the racks. Now, I have to use the heavy duty mode every time. :icon_mad:

Yeah I'd say Samsung aren't all that good. Kitchen and the German one are pretty well rated

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Yeah I'd say Samsung aren't all that good. Kitchen and the German one are pretty well rated

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Posted via Mobile Device

They're all basically the same. When they stop working, Google and Youtube are your friends. Most problems arise from foreign material getting into them. My SO confuses dishwashers with garbage disposals.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

My BayCrest just crapped out so thinking about an Amana. The simpler the better I say!