Do you have any phobia...if so what?

I have met some college buddies from some years ago on the weekend and all while we are having diner at this guys place I feed the left over steak to the dog and one guy gets up and runs to the bathroom to puke. I didn't think anything about it, except that he told me that night that he was sick just thinking about an animal licking the plate and eating from the same plate even after its washed.

Needless to say I don't remember him being like this 20 some years ago. I followed him around and noticed he never touched a door with his hands unless he was walking out of the bathroom and opened the door with the towel and then used hand sanitizer.

Does anybody here on Cerb have any phobia, be space, speed, animal, etc...

OCD....I know several friends with varied types of OCD.........

Obsesive

Compulsive

Disorder

my fear is turning into one..............:roll:

I cannot push elevator buttons with my fingers, touch garbage cans in public places and open door handles with my sleeve. Going into a bathroom stall is a big thing and I use toilet paper on the seat.

Using cutlery at another person's house I have a problem with as well but I still do it so I don't look stupid.

I wash my hands about 15 times a day.

Not sure if I have a problem but compared to a few years ago, I am not as bad as I used to be. I've hired a cleaning lady to come to my house every week because I no longer have the time to clean. She's good but nowhere near what I would like it to be but I think that is the OCD in me.

I am also terrified of clowns.

Guest W***ledi*Time

I'm afraid of life;

I'm afraid of death.

I'm afraid of people;

I'm afraid of being alone.

Other than that, I'm alright.

I am somewhat claustrophobic.

I was a kid of maybe 5 and I was walking home in the winter. Some kids had built a snow fort in a roadside snow bank, so I leaned over the top portal to get a better look. I lost my balance and fell in, head first. My arms were trapped at my sides, my feet were sticking out of the top... there was no room to move laterally. I was petrified. Thankfully a neighbourhood dad pulled me out within a few minutes, but those minutes were hellish... that has stuck with me to this day...

I don't know if it's a phobia per se, but kind of a fear of heights. I can't stand looking over a balcony in a hi rise apartment (if I'm up high that is)

I could sit in a chair on a balcony, it's just looking over it that bothers me

And I could never be a roofer, just standing on a second floor balcony holding a ladder for a guy going up a roof I got kinda quesy.

But flying, airliners, small planes, love it

Wanted to take the jump course in the army when I was in, only timing screwed that up (was overseas in Germany instead)

No problems climbing the obstacle course including climbing a net hanging from a cross beam log, going over a cross beam and climbing down (you fall, you're going to break something)

So I don't know why roofs and balconies bother me

RG

Myself, it is my eyes. I cannot stand having anything around my eyes. I wear glasses and wore contacts for one year when I was 20.

Now, it is a major adventure to just put eyedrops in my eyes.... And eye exams are a major issue. I manage to do them every two years as I need to, but I stress myself out going for them, and grip the arms of the chair during the exam. Makes no sense, but there it is...

My tall & big self will faint at the sight of a snake!!! Even the tiny little garden snakes...I was once crossing a field in ORLEANS as a kid...a snake came right by me, I SCREAMED so mother effing loud that the baseball game going on the opposite side of the field... literally stopped in the middle of their game...to try and figure out what was happening to me, they could kinda see me from afar, but they definitely heard me!!!! They apparently thought I was being attacked!!!!

I hate public washrooms, ALWAYS use my foot to flush..never press my ass against the seats either,also hate, hate, hate temp toilet things...this sounds sooooo nasty, but I would rather piss myself in a public setting than use those things..EVERY year I go to the ex, I NEVER use them!!! therefore no drinking is a must when I go there!!!!

My biggest fear is SPIDERS! I could climb a wall if I had to, just to get away from it. I can't throw them out, I can't kill them, I can't even stand them at all. One day, I've rented a room in a motel, and there was a huge spider in the bathroom. My friend killed it, but when I went back, thre was still a leg moving. I've close the door, and never opened it again...

Also, in crowdy and noisy places, I become EXTREMELY agressive. I can't stand noise or small areas. I cry, I punch, I break things just to get out. If I'm telling I have to get out, doors are better be open...

And Vanessa, I hear you, but I don't think it's really a fear, more then education... I also flush with my foot in public washrooms, and try not to touch anything, but it's more because I don't like putting my hands in others pee... I also never wash them in public places... Purell is making their money out of me!

I also flush with my foot in public washrooms, and try not to touch anything, but it's more because I don't like putting my hands in others pee...

That is one thing I do agree with you, I heard that when a men pee's it can splash up to 6 ft. so that is why I keep my toothbrush in my bedroom in my dresser under my underwear.

I've never had any phobias. I think that completely freaks people out! Even as a child nothing seemed to ever bother me, never been fearful of anything either. Not sure why, but it has probably saved my bacon a few times over the years!

I wouldn't call it a phobia per se but there are times I am afraid of fire - not in fireplaces or bon fires - I love those. I'm but people who are careless or unattentive, eg: smoking when they're impaired, walking aroundwith lit cigarettes in hand while trying do things with risk of ashes of even heaters that can go flying; using wrong wattage light bulbs, putting things over lampshades, not cleaning dryer lint trap, etc.

Probably because I saw someone set fire to their hair, another person their comforter on the bed. The biggest trauma was when my dad left a pot of grease on the stove to heat up to make french fries and it exploded into flames causing a major fire in our kitchen. I remember the date well. February 19, 1969.

Hard to forget those things.

Not a big fan of public restrooms. I bring my own kleenex, squat over the seat, wash my hands and try to avoid touching other surfaces whenever possible.

Please indulge me for a moment. I define phobias as irrational fears. Fear has only 1 rational purpose and that is the presevation of life. Once you have surrendered the fear of death you can surrender all fears and live life to the fullest.

Now I know many of you are thinking " that arrogant chavez, I hate him." Let me continue for a moment.... Surrender your fears.

I know it is unusual and may seem irrational but I surrendered my fear of death when I was eight years old. You might think ' what a dismal childhood' . On the contrary. I had a wonderful childhood in what might have been difficult circumstances. One example: I had no fear of bullies or being bullied by the 'in crowd'. Not only that, but I had no fear of standing up for those being bullied and hence I was able to relieve a great deal of misery for others because a bullie can do nothing to someone who has no fear.

I nearly drown when I was 10 or 11. Because I overcame my fear I was able to save myself. Now my favorite activity is scuba diving.

I have no fear of heights, no fear of darkness, no fear of spiders or snakes, or fire ( got over that one when I was 12). No fear of stangers, no fear of being a stranger, no fear of different culture, no fear of crowds, no fear of being alone, no fear of public speaking.

These are all nothing, just part of me; but there are a few ' non fears' that I am prowd of.

All of us, and I mean all of us are many facetted personalities. Almost all of us only have enough courage to show only 1 or 2 of those personalities to the world. I show it all. If you know me you never understand me but you can't hate me; and that is what I want, less hateing everywhere.

Second. I have no fear of loathing. The world is populated by people that worry about what others might think of them. I say release that fear, be true and be honest. If you do so you will have many true friends.

Finally choose your friends by the way they treat others. If you choose wisely you can defend them when the world turns against them. If you can do this , you have proven your worth and conquered your fears.

chavez

I'm afraid of being eaten by a shark. Generally not a big problem for me though.

shark-behind-divers.jpg

Actually, being eaten by a crocodile would be bad too. Come to think of it, being eaten by another animal, period, would be a bad thing.

Another fear of mine is going into cemetaries. I start to get anxiety attacks. I think it has do with being in a car accident and realizing I'm still here instead of there.

Secondly, you will never catch me on any rollercoaster.

Agreed Old Dog! Those evil giant mutant ninja gerbils are the scourge of the modern world.

ohhhh and this....

I hate giant mutant ninja gerbils.

wtc-gerbil-001.jpg

Like after you just got a blow job and you go into the mens washroom and you like see the woman you were just with STANDING PEEING...!!!! oh yech

Like after you just got a blow job and you go into the mens washroom and you like see the woman you were just with STANDING PEEING...!!!! oh yech

Something you want to share with the rest of us...don't worry, your secret is safe:roll:

RG

I had to think long and hard, as there is not a lot out there that I'm afraid of. I have an aversion to moving swarms or anything else that even looks like it. I've never come across a swarm in real life, save ants and there wasn't enough to be disturbing. I don't like watching anything gory on TV like horror movies or plastic surgery. I have been in situations where there was plenty of real gore and I was fine so maybe its just TV aspect. In the real world not much throws me except LE with arrest warrants and my dad. Lol!

cat

I have so many but to name a few mmmm I'm afraid of bugs (big and small), reptiles, public bathrooms and cats lol

Posted via Mobile Device

The main and probably only one is claustrophobia.....I'll break out in a cold sweat just thinking about stuff like spelunking, cruise ships and being bound.

Peace

MG