not so good review...

The Walmart comparison has come up time and again in this thread and the comparison isn't completely accurate. In fairness to Walmart, they tend to be very hard on their competition which are outlets that sell the same or similar cheaply made poor quality product at higher prices. It is true that when Walmart moves in many businesses close down. But in their place come businesses which sell top quality merchandise with much better customer service. These business are benefiting from the increased traffic in the area attracted to Walmart.

In a way, CERB and the SPs on here are benefiting from the increase in customer base casued by the CL phenomenom here and throughout North America. As clients dip there toes into the services available on CL and start too look around for more/better experiences, they find places like EC and CERB and the ladies who are present there. Hopefully they find better quality experiences and customer services.

As for bad experiences on CL scaring away a client from the industry for good, I think you under estimate the factors which drive us men to particaipate in the hobby. One bad experience woudl drive away only the slightest minority.

I have referred MANY of my clients that I have met from other advertising sites to CERB & COWBOYS DIARY!!!

The way it usually comes up is because, when we meet, they are always so surprised at how nice I am (seriously...) that I do not rush them or act grumpy. and that I give them a feel that they are wanted and valued...They usually explain that they are shocked due to the bad encounters that they have experienced!!

I always take the time to explain to them that CERB is the place to be be because:

1. It's moderated, NO BULL SHIT..and if there is , they are OUT!!!

2. ONLY positive feedback...:-D

3. The ladies on here are honest, truthful and are looking to keep their clients happy & returning for more ;-)

4. Sometimes easier to research, get a better feel of the lady by viewing her posts..

And I tell em about the cowboys diary because this way they can be aware of who to avoid!! :butt:

I have even made it a point to tell some over the telephone when they call me, if I have a feel that I may not be their type or they have concerns with their personal safety from past experiences, again I refer them to these sites.:cool:

Unfortunately, many of the other advertising places are full of B.S. scams, & baiting & switching, so I like to warn as many as I can.

I HATE, HATE, HATE the fools that rip guys off, try to trick them or are just simply full of shit, ( especially the bait & switch stuff...) they eff it up for the genuine sp's. I LOVE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE EXPOSED FOR ALL TO SEE ON THE cowboy's diary!!!! :-D

CERB is the place to be...nowhere is perfect..but this place has a much higher rate of pleasure, satisfaction & happiness all around than anywhere else!! I think it is beneficial to EVERYONE to indicate these sites to as many as possible!!!

• Like 4

As for bad experiences on CL scaring away a client from the industry for good, I think you under estimate the factors which drive us men to particaipate in the hobby. One bad experience woudl drive away only the slightest minority.

I very much disagree with this. We have received a LOT of feedback over the years from the guys (Most guys will complain before they let others know of something good going on - at EC when someone is caught bait and switching we do hear about it and many are soured from the experience and comments clearly indicate that it has turned many of them off of this business).

Also...

EVERY penny the scammers make off CL fuels them to continue to do it.

and...

IT takes money from the honest ladies who deserve it!!

I have said all I care to on this subject.

Think what you will, justify what you need to and convince yourself it's fine if that is what you must do. Just really analyze it (Pro's and Con's) for you personally, the industry as a whole present and future. I think giving the pimps, underage girls, scams, bait and switchers, credit card theives, etc... a place they can openly get away with this (AND YOU ALL SUPPORTING THIS PLACE) is BAD. Again.. not all of you agree and so far NONE of your points have made me change my mind on this subject. It BOGGLES my mind that some of you think this is ok... but nothing I can do about that. Live in the now and forget about the future... we all know how well that way of thinking works.

I just hope I have got the wheels turning for some and they say "Holy Crap we are fueling this problem and supporting a place that allows all this to happen to us".

If it was moderated and they got rid of the problem people that abuse it I would support it.

You all know where I stand on the subject and I have warned everyone of what will come of it here and for the industry.

as was mentioned before about gals solely choosing CL to advertise by Youndstud....i dont think any of us who are participating on this board are encouraging ladies to only advertise on CL......I just think we should acknowledge that there are many means for eact SP to advertise....

\

Vannessa is right on the ball in that we can only offer our experiences and various other means for reputable sources...but in the end it is their decisions as to what means they want to look up ladies.

I do however think that threads like this discourage any member on here from coming forward and reporting a bad date he encountered on CL because of the stigma involved....we are all here to help each other......you can shop at designer stores or you can shop at Walmart....it doesnt mean you are making a stand towards lower end material.....heck I bought a really awesome Sony DVD player from Walmart recently and I buy all my son's Nintendo DS Games there...neither are cheap rip offs and I have no shame saying I bought them at Walmart. I would hope that if a brand were to suddenly appear at Wal-mart however that consisted of electronics that didnt work or likewise, that I should be able to warn people to avoid those products without being slammed for visiting that store.

No I dont agree with the advertisers on CL who are ripping people off or baiting and switching....but I also have a huge faith in the resources available out there for gents (like Cowboys Diary and Cerb) to avoid these messes...and i also think that these people who are not "in it for the long haul" are the only people ruining it for the rest....and more importantly themselves

I have encountered a couple gents who have met ladies on Cerb even who didnt get what they had hoped for....did it make them swear off the site? definitely not....it just made them wiser to think with the brain in their head instead of the other brain in the future.

we are all here to help each other...no matter where we shop....therefore lets not pass judgement so we can all share with each other's learning experiences...instead of having people who are afraid of coming forth due to being afraid of being ridiculed...... does that make sense?

I very much disagree with this. We have received a LOT of feedback over the years from the guys (Most guys will complain before they let others know of something good going on - at EC when someone is caught bait and switching we do hear about it and many are soured from the experience and comments clearly indicate that it has turned many of them off of this business).

Also...

EVERY penny the scammers make off CL fuels them to continue to do it.

and...

IT takes money from the honest ladies who deserve it!!

I have said all I care to on this subject.

Think what you will, justify what you need to and convince yourself it's fine if that is what you must do. Just really analyze it (Pro's and Con's) for you personally, the industry as a whole present and future. I think giving the pimps, underage girls, scams, bait and switchers, credit card theives, etc... a place they can openly get away with this (AND YOU ALL SUPPORTING THIS PLACE) is BAD. Again.. not all of you agree and so far NONE of your points have made me change my mind on this subject. It BOGGLES my mind that some of you think this is ok... but nothing I can do about that. Live in the now and forget about the future... we all know how well that way of thinking works.

I just hope I have got the wheels turning for some and they say "Holy Crap we are fueling this problem and supporting a place that allows all this to happen to us".

If it was moderated and they got rid of the problem people that abuse it I would support it.

You all know where I stand on the subject and I have warned everyone of what will come of it here and for the industry.

I do however think that threads like this discourage any member on here from coming forward and reporting a bad date he encountered on CL because of the stigma involved

I actually prefer if they would report it to CK's Diary before anywhere else. CK's Diary is the de facto clearing house for bad dates on CL.

Even though CK hasn't posted much in cerb lately his dedication and hard work is very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****
....you can shop at designer stores or you can shop at Walmart....it doesnt mean you are making a stand towards lower end material.....heck I bought a really awesome Sony DVD player from Walmart recently and I buy all my son's Nintendo DS Games there...neither are cheap rip offs and I have no shame saying I bought them at Walmart. I would hope that if a brand were to suddenly appear at Wal-mart however that consisted of electronics that didnt work or likewise, that I should be able to warn people to avoid those products without being slammed for visiting that store.

Call me a cheap bastard if you will but I heartily agree with this sentiment. I shop at Walmart a lot too (although they don't always have the lowest price either so you still need to investigate). I also buy at lot of stuff at Zellers because they sell the same brand name stuff for lower. Don't forget Ebay, you can get awesome deals there.

Call me a cheap bastard if you will but I heartily agree with this sentiment. I shop at Walmart a lot too (although they don't always have the lowest price either so you still need to investigate). I also buy at lot of stuff at Zellers because they sell the same brand name stuff for lower. Don't forget Ebay, you can get awesome deals there.

Actually I prefer Giant Tiger. They're Canadian eh! :-P

I actually prefer if they would report it to CK's Diary before anywhere else. CK's Diary is the de facto clearing house for bad dates on CL.

Even though CK hasn't posted much in cerb lately his dedication and hard work is very much appreciated.

Just a reminder, CK's diary is Ottawa only (unless I'm mistaken). The rest of Canada is on it's own.

While I appreciate the kind words and endorsements for the diary, I should clear a couple of things

As a rule I don't post details about bad dates unless I've experienced them myself. 3rd party info is presented rarely and when it is it's done with some follow up and investigation on my own. If I get a number of emails about a provider or bad situation I do my due diligence and try to confirm the details before publishing. This is done by phoning, emailing and even visiting myself to confirm the facts.

I don't relay details about bad service, again unless I've experienced it myself, furthermore that's not what the diary is for there are other venues for that stuff. If the service is rushed or misrepresented I might make mention of it but the primary purpose for the diary is to make clients and providers alike aware of bait and switch ads, and dangerous situations. If they're going to play on such a risky playground they should be armed with the right tools.

After some serious consideration I have recently begun to provide details about bad dates, simply for the reason that many providers are regular readers of my diary and should be aware of these details. The information is presented in a broad non specific posting, details are provided to known providers and agencies discretely by e-mail.

I also rely on input and information from trusted members of discussion boards like CERB who drop me a line every so often to keep me in the loop or offer up some discrete opinion or leads and I'm very thankful to all the deputies out their for your support in that manner.

It's true that I have not been very active here in the past few months but I do login to keep up. Real life has taken on some new paths for me in recent months and there's only so many hours in a day. Long time members will know that once I get settled in with a favorite provider I rarely stray to far, I don't write reviews or recos for every date, I'd never have time ! :)

I've written a few in recent months and have another on the way. Trust me though these ladies are plenty busy with out my recommendations!

Oh I certainly agree with this too....my point was just that if someone does feel the need to report certain details (to cerb OR CK) that they not have to be faced with an "I told you so" manner for using CL... thats all :)

Help me out here as I am confused. I mean how much it cost to be represented by an agency. A lady provider pays anywhere between $50 to $70 PER HOUR of work and in return the agency finds the clients for her and to some extend provides the safe environment, likely by checking out the client (so they claim). Well doesn't cerb do all that??. The free advertisements on cerb finds classy clients (an EC-cerb combo finds many more) and provides the safe environment (most cerbites except newbies can be cross-referenced by those SPs who have seen them, not to mention that cerbite's entire history (potential client) and his posts can be easily checked. Not to mention the SP private area where unsafe encounters are documented) and it cost less than an hour of pay to an agency to advertise for one month on EC. So excuse me for not understanding lol!!!!.

Many of independents used to work for an agency and used to pay the hafty fees and a few same ladies don't want to contribute to the site that does all that and more that an agency used to do for them before, in return for what used to be one hour of the fee that they used to pay to an agency, and now as indie to advertise for one month on EC. This may leave the impression that all the goods of cerb are taken for granted by a few. My impression, not my view. I hope I am wrong.

I'm confused by your argument and how it relates to the thread....

its free to advertise here on Cerb and its free to advertise on CL. I think the LAST thing cerb wants to be viewed as is an agency as that would mean it "lives off the avails" which is illegal...correct me if I'm wrong here mod.

I think you might be confused SA, we were discussing the content and quality of both sites...(not the cost) as a main factor for discussion. I could be wrong tho..?

Help me out here as I am confused. I mean how much it cost to be represented by an agency. A lady provider pays anywhere between $50 to $70 PER HOUR of work and in return the agency finds the clients for her and to some extend provides the safe environment, likely by checking out the client (so they claim). Well doesn't cerb do all that??. The free advertisements on cerb finds classy clients (an EC-cerb combo finds many more) and provides the safe environment (most cerbites except newbies can be cross-referenced by those SPs who have seen them, not to mention that cerbite's entire history (potential client) and his posts can be easily checked. Not to mention the SP private area where unsafe encounters are documented) and it cost less than an hour of pay to an agency to advertise for one month on EC. So excuse me for not understanding lol!!!!.

Many of independents used to work for an agency and used to pay the hafty fees and a few same ladies don't want to contribute to the site that does all that and more that an agency used to do for them before, in return for what used to be one hour of the fee that they used to pay to an agency, and now as indie to advertise for one month on EC. This may leave the impression that all the goods of cerb are taken for granted by a few. My impression, not my view. I hope I am wrong.

I think that you are confused from my post Annessa. I said that the benefits that SPs on cerb get by being on cerb is equivalent to the benefits that an agency may provide for their SPs (or in my view more for cerb SPs) BUT FOR FREE. How could that be what you described!!!.

we were discussing the content and quality of both sites...(not the cost) as a main factor for discussion. I could be wrong tho..?

Comparing the content and quality of Cerb with CL!!!!!. I have no comment on that one. I didn't know there is a comparison to make lol. Excuse me!!!!.

I think that you are confused from my post Annessa. I said that the benefits that SPs on cerb get by being on cerb is equivalent to the benefits that an agency may provide for their SPs (or in my view more for cerb SPs) BUT FOR FREE. How could that be what you described!!!.

Agencies are suppose to do more then just that.

Think of them as an Executive Secretary, they take calls, juggle your schedule, arrange a driver and travel arrangements including room and board, update your ads across the various sites you are on, verify clients, handle your accounting etc etc.

Comparing the content and quality of Cerb with CL!!!!!. I have no comment on that one. I didn't know there is a comparison to make lol. Excuse me!!!!.

sorry if that seemed like a digg at you SA, it wasn't. no need to get upset.

I still dont think Cerb should ever be compared to an agency....we already have had people in the past try and criticize the people who run Cerb calling them pimps etc. not cool.....

As far as an agency relationship being rose-coloured, mutually beneficial business venture comparable to being on cerb (minus the budget cut) I will keep my opinions of that to myself as I'd like to see this discussion move in a positive direction, lol

Agencies are suppose to do more then just that.

Think of them as an Executive Secretary, they take calls, juggle your schedule, arrange a driver and travel arrangements including room and board, update your ads across the various sites you are on, verify clients, handle your accounting etc etc.

It is my understanding that the lady herself has to pay for the hotel cost as well as the usual fee to the agency. I have had ladies (whom I saw after they became independent) who used to work for a busy agency (so they claim) and they told me some nights they actually lost money because they had to pay for hotel and did not have even one client. They also have to pay extra for driver's fee (I believe another $20 on the top of agency fee). The SP herself can take calls and advertise on various sites. Having said all that I think that many prefer the agency because they don't wish to bother with all time consuming arrangements described above. Again it comes to individuals' (ladies') choice and preference.

Additional Comments:

sorry if that seemed like a digg at you SA, it wasn't. no need to get upset.

To be honest a comparison of the quality between Cerb and CL came as a shock to me as well as the fact that my comments were somehow taken out of context. I too apologize if I sounded upset earlier Annessa.

It is my understanding that the lady herself has to pay for the hotel cost as well as the usual fee to the agency. I have had ladies (whom I saw after they became independent) who used to work for a busy agency (so they claim) and they told me some nights they actually lost money because they had to pay for hotel and did not have even one client. They also have to pay extra for driver's fee (I believe another $20 on the top of agency fee). The SP herself can take calls and advertise on various sites. Having said all that I think that many prefer the agency because they don't wish to bother with all time consuming arrangements described above. Again it comes to individuals' (ladies') choice and preference

sigh...SA this is kinda tiring...every agency operates differently and I think that many girls will agree that they are happier not being with an agent and kissing away half (yes, sometimes HALF) of their hard earned money to an agent. there are many sides to everything and many different costs out there to being represented but I thin that the only people who can state for the record what it really means to work for an agency are the ladies themselves. but like I said I'm not going to make this a discussion of agency or indy..good or bad....as it doesnt relate to the original topic of the thread....

To be honest a comparison of the quality between Cerb and CL came as a shock to me as well as the fact that my comments were somehow taken out of context. I too apologize if I sounded upset earlier Annessa.

nothing was taken out of context, I just feel that (judging by your shocked response) you have not read the previous posts where many gents and ladies on here acknowledged quality on both sites, if you had there wouldnt been a need for any shock on your behalf...there can be equally good clients and gals that use both sites. if you're talking about the quality of the look or moderating...we have all already agreed that Cerb exceeds CL in that way

I have met some fantastic girls on my travels across North America and many of them from CL. I can usually weed out the bad experience with a little email dialogue but not always. ;)