Lighting during an encounter

Low lighting. I have 3 nightlight types, flip the blinds to almost closed if it is daylight outside, a colourful scarf draped across half ot the window, and half a dozen or so candles. Also candles at the front door and a couple of nightlights for the hallway.

NO direct or bright lights at all. I like to create a warmer and cosy atmosphere, to separate from the outside world, with scents and mellow music for a more sensuous experience.

If I was more action oriented or pse or similar, there would be more lights and noise lol.

Dim light. Pull drapes and have soft low wattage light bulb in lamp.

I don't burn candles - have had "almost fire" accidents. Planning on getting a few lava lamps and flameless candles for contrast.

Subdued lighting..... too bright and you feel like you are being filmed... again.... hehehehehe.... too dark and you might as well be all by yourself.

Candles are nice as long as they are safe.... you don't want a jerky leg spasming and kicking a table over starting a fire.

Excellent thread Cindy!!!

certainly dim light. just enough to see a person's face and body should do.

the sight of candles however especially the open ones or the ones with no casing or cover at all just give the double thought that something might go wrong during the date.

certainly dim light. just enough to see a person's face and body should do.

the sight of candles however especially the open ones or the ones with no casing or cover at all just give the double thought that something might go wrong during the date.

As someone who fled a burning house with my family in our pajamas in the middle of February when I was 9, I kinda get that feeling too (although in our case it was a pot left on the stove).

Back to the thread....

I recently spent an hour with a beautiful lady in black light. Her blond hair and white lingerie absolutely glowed, a real turn on.

Guest f***2f***

candle light all the way baby....or have the bedside lights on if no candles....bright overhead light is not for me.

Real candles creates the right ambience for me - a nice glow and subdued lighting. Music, champaign or a dry red wine are perfect accompaniments. I also try including some nibbles (chocolate strawberries with the bubbles or some light cheeses with the wine) depending upon her preference for drinks. As far as safety goes, if you set them up strategically and carefully you shouldn't have any problems. Just don't fall a sleep or leave them unattended.

Failing candles dimed accent lighting is the next best thing.

• Like 2

Let there be light!

If I wanted to do it in the dark, I can stay home.

So says the shadow!

I prefer natural lighting or more light then candles. Dim lights depending on how dim it is, if I can normally read in the lighting it's about right.

A nice ambient lighting scheme that allows you to visually enjoy the beautiful company that you are with and I like to see what I will be eating. :wink:

A nice ambient lighting scheme that allows you to visually enjoy the beautiful company that you are with and I like to see what I will be eating. :wink:

That would have been my exact answer.

I like bright candlelight. I find the sun and artificial light is hard on the eyes, so I go with about 14 candles to light the room up nicely. Of course, this means I need air conditioning in the summer because those things are hot!

During night time, I like to leave the curtains open to be able to enjoy the view during cuddling, with a very soft night table light, so I'm able to look at my "friend" right in the eyes when he cums...

Day time, I do the same, but with curtains close, just to create the right amount of intimacy...

I'm more on the voyeur side, so I have to be able to see!..

Here goes again....

Everyone looks more attractive in soft lighting....however, sometimes, depending on the adventure level it is great to do it with the "lights on"! Actually, on my last visit to Ottawa me and one of my most favorite fellas (you know who you are!) got started out on my balcony in the full sunlight - 28 floors up! I need to mix it up to keep things interesting for myself - like all of us!

When I'm at home entertaining lovers I have a don't walk/walk street light that flashes as well as a strobe light for really wild times!! Super awesome!

During an encounter what volume of light do you prefer?

Bright, daylight, dim, candles, a nightlight, every light in the room? .. hmmm

Dear sin cindy

I would never want to be in the dark with you, because then it would be too hard too see your incredible eyes and body from head to toe.

cant beat mother nature

outdoor encounter...northern lights and the midnight sun of the summer yukon is the ultimate... beyond comparison. so incredible is it that the japanese have built an entire tourist industry around it.

indoors...and more achievable for almost anyone ...is a simple fireplace. amazing flickering light and shadow but also warmth on bare skin and charming crackling sounds are a bonus.

Guest ma*be***ag***

It usually depends on the kind of encounter we are having, however I find low light is usually the best. Perhaps with candles or just in the moonlight...

Sometimes, in the real dark is sexy as heck too... Like I said, it always depends on the type of encounter...

I like it all.This is like asking me if I like blonds or brunettes.

When we meet I want plenty of light. I want to see her face , her eye, her lips, the curve of her body. I want her to see me , the good, the bad, the whole thing . I like nothing hidden. When I'm kissing her ear lobes and neck I love to see the goosebumps and her nipple grow errect and when I first go down I want to see the fine details that make her special.

Then after the first round as we sit in the jaccuzi shareing a glass of wine and refeshments. The soft glow of candle light or a lamp off in the corner followed by more of the same on the couch. Now I don't need a light to touch and stroke as we cuddle and move into round two.

At the end I need more light. Frankly things are a mess. Cloths all over the place, damp towels, food trays, wine glasses, ice buckets (yeah we probably used the ice for more than cooling the wine) candles, and if we did more with the food than just eat it , then there might be whipped cream and chocolate. It all needs cleaned before we part ; and a final kiss. I need light.

Then back out into the night and the dark and the glow in the dark and I return home.

Yes light and dark important, one not more than the other.