Want to make friends!

just by doing what you are doing-its kind of intimidating when you first come here but you will find an amazing group of people far more so than i thought possible- Now your profile shows female hobbyist is that the case?

I'd be your friend but my rule is I'm only friends with people who have seen me naked ;=)

It's kind of a risk/reward thing.

Peace

MG

Is there a quick way a newbee can make friends ?

Another quick way to make friends, is to join a social group. I belong to two. lonely, and special needs cerbites. Generally, people in these groups have something in common already, so it's easier to make friends. I find that generally if you make a friendship request, most people will, by default accept it.

I found it helpful to spend some time reading thru several pages of threads and posts, gets a better sense of who is who. Make a note of their handle and join date, # of posts, etc. Reading thru the past few months of threads (if they are very old threads, don't bump them up tho), gives you an idea of current topics of discussion. It helps the newbie avoid the classic fail of posting a thread they think is completely new to everyone, but it was beaten to death in mid July lol.

When I log into any site, I always click on New Posts. This way I don't miss any updates to threads I am following, or new threads that might be of interest. When you see a topic you have an opinion on, even to just say you agree with a post, go on ahead.

Hoping you don't mind Amy but I sent you a pm with my thoughts on the subject at hand so have fun and good luck!

Hi Amy. Welcome. As another newbie, i think that reading as many of the threads as you reasonably can gives you some good insight into the community and the members. Post some opinions and comments and before you know it, it will be old hat.

Have fun! :-D

I think you should:

1) flesh out your profile

2) post your opinion on the threads, especially when you feel strongly about something

3) start a thread about something you care about or something that moves you.

Just my opinion.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you have an enjoyable time here.

You're off to a good start, Amy. I agree with jazzitup and others on here. Participation is the key.

Welcome to CERB, Amy. One thing I learned was to appreciate everyone else's wisdom (particularly the ladies and long time members) and respect their opinions even if you disagree with them (unless they're Leafs Fans). I'm. sure you'll be fine.

Welcome to CERB, Amy. One thing I learned was to appreciate everyone else's wisdom (particularly the ladies and long time members) and respect their opinions even if you disagree with them (unless they're Leafs Fans). I'm. sure you'll be fine.

There are Leafs fans on CERB? :shock: :razz: