Appointments continually pushed back in the final Moments b4 meeting - Why?

Guest discr33t

I had a post to my page from another frustrated member who also finds having a confirmed appointment pushed back in the final moments before meeting very annoying.

If you haven't met, SP and Cilent, I do understand the screening, but shouldn't that be completed before confirming an appointment time, and well before the client shows up at a location?

Is there a good reason for the last minute timing push back and screening, that I should be aware of and accept as part of a normal booking process?

Especially when it's a travelling SP, new to a city?

-It seems to be a particularly recurring issue in TBay.

Normally before the encounter is booked the screening and introductions are conducted.

Once a said time has been provided, you have a date. Whatever her confirmation policy is takes place and then you are given details and further instructions.

I can see if a lady was late arriving (late flight,etc) that she may push back your time (I've had to do this in the past) however it was done with some hours notice.

Im really sorry this has happened to you.

• Like 2

I'm not too sure about the last minute screening, but for pushing the appointment back at the last minute, there could be a variety of reasons because of this, and I feel like traveling SP's would have this happen more often, since sometimes situations happen that are beyond your control.

I've had to do this a few times when traveling, and I don't like it, but it can't always be helped. A few times it was due to late bus/flight, or room not being ready upon check-in. Once or twice house-keeping was still cleaning the room around an appointment time, and it was hard to get them out without drawing suspicion, so it was easiest to push the appointment back by 10 minutes if possible.

I understand it can be frustrating and inconvenient when it happens, especially if you have to stick pretty strictly with your schedule, but if that's the case, maybe try mentioning it to the provider ahead of time, so they know to try not to move the time around, or if they really must, the provider can try and work something out with you that benefits everyone.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Over the years I have experienced a few delays or rescheduling of appointments at the last minute by ladies but it usually is for what I would consider very good reasons...

• Transportation delays... late flight... car problems
  • Room not ready / available / requiring Maintenance.

Sometimes being the first booking with a touring lady is not the best idea.

I don't think I have ever been asked to accommodate a lady and reschedule so that she had additional time to finalize her screening process and frankly unless this was a last minute booking I would not see this as a very good reason to delay and would likely not proceed with the booking unless I was provided with a reasonable explanation for why the screening was not done earlier.

Just My Opinion

Guest *Ste***cque**

I've had a few pushed back meetings when I was more active. One was a 9:30am apt and I woke her up with my text. Needless to say we didn't get together that morning. Most times I book noon or early afternoon the "day after" a visiting lady arrives and any delays at that point are due to poor scheduling, or worse, her earlier appt requested additional time and she is just finishing up with him.

I know most ladies don't do this but there is a tendency with some visiting ladies to pack her days full of appointments. This makes "no shows" not as big a financial hit and makes the trip financially worthwhile. When a women says to me she isn't quite ready for our pre-arranged time I ask myself why? I usually come to the conclusion there is still another man up there or he just left and she is not quite ready to see me. For that reason, I usually say I am on a strict timeframe and we'll have to try some other time.

I suppose it could be some other reason but why would someone allow housekeeping to come into the room just before our appointment? I have used hotels and know about "do not disturb" door hangers. I suppose it could have fallen off... yeah, that's the ticket. :)

Thankfully, I've had far more on time appointments than ones that were pushed back.

I'm not sure what other ladies do but I don't buy book back to back I have at least a half an hour between appointments that gives me time to take a shower freshen up and get a bite to eat if I want to. That way I don't have to cancel or push back anybody's appointment. There's the odd time where a client can be late for his appointment and that can probably push back the other appointments booked after him.

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****

I've had a few minor incidents and only one that ended up being a major problem. I tend to only book with well established providers though.

Sorry that you have encountered this, I never have had the issue in this past year. Screening and being verified well in advance as I book well in advance and I've never been delayed, perhaps very good fortune. BTW , I don't call 0-15 minutes pushed back, I call that giving the lady time to prepare if she asks, or if I travel she gives myself that buffer, because I'm late arriving.

• Like 1

Whether it's my lawyer, dentist, doctor or any other appointment I make in advance I allow a 15 minute grace period and after that I leave. If I receive advance notice the day before or at least a couple of hours before then I'll make an allowance if it works for me. Otherwise if I'm prepared to make the commitment then I expect others to do the same.

Within this game it's very rarely happened without notice but it has and I left and never made another contact. "Respect" is a two way street.

Peace

MG

• Like 4

I suppose it could be some other reason but why would someone allow housekeeping to come into the room just before our appointment? I have used hotels and know about "do not disturb" door hangers. I suppose it could have fallen off... yeah, that's the ticket. :)

I have stayed at hotels where there was no 'do not disturb' sign available to me. And at another, even with the 'do not disturb' sign hanging on the door have had housekeeping bang on door, saying 'i know it says do not disturb but did you need any service'. lol

At another place someone stole my 'do not disturb' sign. Sigh.

So yes there is no guarantee that housekeeping can be timed properly with an appt. No matter how hard you try, stuff still happens!

• Like 4

i think sometimes sps are going to be behind due to the inconsistency of other appts showing up on time, or ending on time. while it would be nice that all clients respect the time has ended, not all do and continue to push beyond a reasonable amount.

some sps require clients to be on time, and if they are not, the time of the appt's end will not change. half hour late? oh well, it doesn't mean you get to stay an hour from arrival to exit, it means you stay a half an hour for your hour appt.

if a client is late arriving/leaving, the sp may have time enough between appts to get ready for people who are on schedule, but not enough when someone is not. if she is asking for another hour, then by all means cancel the appt as this may be a sign of doubling up. if she asks for 5-10 minutes, then relax and appreciate the fact that she wants to be presentable for you due to circumstances beyond her control she has been delayed.

• Like 5

I have stayed at hotels where there was no 'do not disturb' sign available to me. And at another, even with the 'do not disturb' sign hanging on the door have had housekeeping bang on door, saying 'i know it says do not disturb but did you need any service'. lol

So yes there is no guarantee that housekeeping can be timed properly with an appt. No matter how hard you try, stuff still happens!

stealing a "do not disturb sign" is just rude!!!

...just happened across this thread.. and as one who is seriously considering traveling East this summer <grin>... I admit I am a bit n'hesitant' now hehe seems there may be a lot of difficulties involved.

One has to ask though, if there are usually uncontrollable things that may/not occur on the first day.. why book appoinments that day? I myself, may well take the day to see the sights.. take in the town/city... and get to the bookings after a pleasant day working out (some of...) the kinks ;)

Granted, I have not traveled in this capacity before, but used to almost weekly for another job... and never booked anything the first day.. that day was for me :)

...just happened across this thread.. and as one who is seriously considering traveling East this summer <grin>... I admit I am a bit n'hesitant' now hehe seems there may be a lot of difficulties involved.

One has to ask though, if there are usually uncontrollable things that may/not occur on the first day.. why book appoinments that day? I myself, may well take the day to see the sights.. take in the town/city... and get to the bookings after a pleasant day working out (some of...) the kinks ;)

Granted, I have not traveled in this capacity before, but used to almost weekly for another job... and never booked anything the first day.. that day was for me :)

I guess there could be a couple of reasons for bookings on the 1st day...

• There may be guys who have been very eagar for the lady to visit and want to book as soon as they possibly can :p
  • Many touring ladies visit cities regularly so they are less inclined to sight see and instead want to maxamize their time in the city to ensure the trip is profitable... there is the unfortunate reality of no shows so every booking can be important.

In your particular case I am thinking the first item might be more true... just saying.

• Like 1

Considering the weather is now snow/ice, people will arrive late which means clients need to travel accordingly. I have a simple rule and I follow it, there will always be an hour between clients regardless of who booked first. In some cases I make it an hour and half. Considering I am low volume and dislike a client leaving, running around to ensure the next client that is due to arrive in 45 minutes then change the sheets, jump in the shower, etc., it can be this real big running around.

I have clients who arrive late, it's not a huge deal, if I find out that they don't care, well, when they show up, there time will be reduced because they truly wasted my time.

Keeping in mind the weather, I don't travel to said locations and if I am, it needs to be booked before and I would arrive on time. I don't want a client to say, "Yes I am at this intersection what is you address?" I will give it to them, I know how long it takes from said intersection to my place, and if I think they're having a hard time I will call, or they will call and ask for help in finding my building. With snow on the ground now, that time from said intersection I add an extra 5 minutes on to it.

I've had clients call me to ask for the appointment to be at a different time because of traffic or something came up, that is fine, things happen and they called to adjust the time, I am flexible.

So considering that snowfall has fallen for most of Canada already or will be happening in a few days, just adjust your travel and call. Flights get canceled, buses get delayed, trains get delayed, cars can stop and break; communicate that with the said client/provider.

Guest discr33t
...if she asks for 5-10 minutes, then relax and appreciate the fact that she wants to be presentable for you due to circumstances beyond her control she has been delayed.

With SPs, the first delay I accept, but if they 5/10 min elapses, and there is a request for more time, this I find hard.

Likely because I take time seriously, and consider it valuable, but mostly because I like reliable people.

I think the person who will be late should be expected to be the one letting those waiting know. I also think the late person should ask if the meeting is still acceptable +few minutes, which will not be delayed again, or if another time should be booked.

I guess I am not relaxed, but I am respectful and reliable.

I guess I prefer those similar minded - hard to know with new SPs with minimal verifiable history.

I will try to investigate new SPs only when I can be more relaxed.

Thanks all for your thoughts!

Guest *Ste***cque**

Not to harp on the point, Melanie, but you would obviously refuse access to a housekeeper inquiring about servicing the room during an encounter with a client, so why not do the same immediately before a scheduled encounter?

Not to harp on the point, Melanie, but you would obviously refuse access to a housekeeper inquiring about servicing the room during an encounter with a client, so why not do the same immediately before a scheduled encounter?

Except I didn't say anything about taking housekeeping. I was just relating my experiences with housekeeping and do not disturb signs... I was not making any excuses... just relating.

Sorry won't happen again, I don't want to anyone to misunderstand as I don't really explain my whole feelings all the way through. I just comment.

Again sorry and excuse me

PS I don't take a days worth appts, so far in advance, and all these problems are things that I don't have to worry about. And there sure are alot of things to worry about. Was just wondering how that worked. It seems too much for me. So I will just read and keep myself quiet. I don't have the words to deal like others seem to so easily do. Kudos to them.

Editing reason: add more to clarify that I rarely even book appts so these are not excuses from me just comments. I don't run my business with excuses. And these situations wouldn't happen to me just simply because because I rarely book appts. Usually same day is all. So please don't think I am shoddy and make excuses for things. I hardly even come across these situations so I couldn't possibly find a need to make an excuse.

I'm done :)

• Like 1

Melanie: You said nothing confusing nor anything requiring an apology. Your post is valued, appropriate and in no way is making excuses. Please continue to speak your mind and share your ideas with us.

As you point out 'stuff happens' and you can't be held responsible for having to interrupt a session to shoo away housekeeping - I sense you are too honest and forthright a person to steal someone else's 'do not disturb' sign (I might have, lol) but regardless a sign on the door doesn't guarantee privacy.

Best Regards,

waterat

Additional Comments:

so why not do the same immediately before a scheduled encounter?

I'll hazard a guess and suggest that very few ladies hang out in the hallway nor spend their day peering out the door peephole to monitor the progress of housekeeping in their hallway

• Like 3

I must admit, I'm a bit bemused about this, "Client 1 was late and wanted the full booking, so I had to push client 2 back when he showed up on time" thing. Why on earth should the second client suffer because the first can't get his act together? I know, stuff happens, but it really doesn't seem fair to push the consequences of that onto someone who's entirely innocent.

• Like 5

First of all - I get housekeeping over and done with first thing in the morning. I make a point of going up to them, telling I'm going out for a bit, and could they please make up my room while I'm gone. This way, they don't bother me for the rest of the day.

Second - if someone is late, and I have other plans, their appointment ends on schedule. I never book back to back appointments, but I sometimes share an incall with others, and I don't want their schedule to be mixed up. So, unless the gent has let me know in advance, and I can advise them of their options, it goes as planned. Obviously, if no one is schedule after my time, I have more flexibility of when things go wrong - traffic, last minute things. However, if its a case of someone thinking I'm a walk in clinic and they can show up when they feel like it, sorry, not going to happen.

I rarely have to change the start time more then 5 minutes - I always get to my incall before the encounter start time. However, things do happen and I always let them know. However, for those that book last minute, want to see me right now, this make things difficult. This is why I prefer advance notice. If you have given me advance notice, I will be on time. However, if you have booked last minute, I might be a couple of minutes late and will let you know. I've never pushed an encounter more then 10 minutes, and that was because of a traffic accident - as it turns out, he was stuck in the same accident.

• Like 2

I kinda think there is the general guidelines that both parties should accept:

• Respect each others time... if you are late don't expect that the other party can or should accomodate you regardless of the reason
  • If you make a booking and can't make it last minute... if you are the client you pay the full fee... if you are the lady you get no payment and refund in full any deposit
  • if there are issue... communicate them ASAP

Now that said I also think that it is in both parties long term interest to be as flexible as you can be when issues come up... that does not mean have expectations but it does mean that if you treat people well it often means they will do the same to you

Just my Opinion

• Like 3

I must admit, I'm a bit bemused about this, "Client 1 was late and wanted the full booking, so I had to push client 2 back when he showed up on time" thing. Why on earth should the second client suffer because the first can't get his act together? I know, stuff happens, but it really doesn't seem fair to push the consequences of that onto someone who's entirely innocent.

I agree with this, if the 1st client is later than was booked, why should a 2nd client have to suffer? The booking time of the 1st client is his responsibility to get there on time.

This is the reason that I carefully book my timings at least an hour apart from when one gentleman leaves to when another is arriving.

It gives me ample time to freshen up and prepare for someone else.

• Respect each others time... if you are late don't expect that the other party can or should accomodate you regardless of the reason
  • If you make a booking and can't make it last minute... if your the client you pay the full fee... if your the lady you get no payment and refund in full any deposit

Now that said I also think that it is in both parties long term interest to be as flexible as you can be when issues come up... that does not mean have expectations but it does mean that if you treat people well it often means they will do the same to you

Just my Opinion

Having appointments that do not show up at all and there is no call to cancel/change, is just plain rude and selfish.

We take the time to be ready and prepared for you, why can't you give us the decency of letting us know that you have to cancel/change the appointment?

My cancellation policies clearly state that if I cancel for any reason, a full refund of what has been presented to me is sent/given back to you.

The decent thing to do for a cancellation on the gentleman's part is to pay the full fee, after all, that time has been booked for you specifically.

It is very very rare to be able to fill a space on last minute notice.

Guest *Ste***cque**
Except I didn't say anything about taking housekeeping. I was just relating my experiences with housekeeping and do not disturb signs... I was not making any excuses... just relating.

Sorry won't happen again, I don't want to anyone to misunderstand as I don't really explain my whole feelings all the way through. I just comment.

PS I don't take a days worth appts, so far in advance, and all these problems are things that I don't have to worry about. And there sure are alot of things to worry about. Was just wondering how that worked. It seems too much for me. So I will just read and keep myself quiet. I don't have the words to deal like others seem to so easily do. Kudos to them.

Editing reason: add more to clarify that I rarely even book appts so these are not excuses from me just comments. I don't run my business with excuses. And these situations wouldn't happen to me just simply because because I rarely book appts. Usually same day is all. So please don't think I am shoddy and make excuses for things. I hardly even come across these situations so I couldn't possibly find a need to make an excuse.

Hi Melanie,

No need to apologize for posting your opinion. Your post made me think further on my point. It's a compliment that I felt we can argue a point versus the patronizing that goes on here sometimes.

All the best.

Additional Comments:

• If you make a booking and can't make it last minute... if you are the client you pay the full fee... if you are the lady you get no payment and refund in full any deposit

Just my Opinion

A agree with much of what you say but what about compensation for the client? Is his time not as valuable as the ladies? He got ready, took time off work in some cases, drove to the appointment, gas, parking, etc.

If you made a deposit and you cancel, it's gone. If you are generous and choose to compensate the lady, that's fine as well. I draw the line on an expectation of the ladies fee being paid when a guy cancels, unless the same goes for a guys incurred expenses and lost time when the lady cancels or can't make the scheduled appointment time without much notice.

My preference would be that both parties not see each other again without some future compensation being worked out in advance.

I agree with Waterat your post was pretty straight forward... just explaining that things happen and frankly that's how I feel... sometimes unexpected things happen and we (client and lady) need to make the best of it. As Zeno said No need for you to apologize you comments and input are appreciated. :)

• Like 3