Happy New Year... Any resolutions you want to make?

Happy New Year Everyone

It's December 29th so in just a couple of days 2015 will come to an end and frankly from a personal perspective I will not be sad to see it close out....I have had better years and I am hoping that 2016 will be a better year for me and the people who are Important in my life.

So that said are there any New Years Resolutions that anyone wants to put out there publicly

One of my resolutions will be to try and accept things as they are... I am starting to realize that no matter how much I would like things in my life to be different I don't control the way things are or the actions of others I can only accept the reality and control how that impacts me

What is your New Years Resolution?

• Like 3

Three areas: character, carrying on :), and career.

1. Character: The operative word for 2016 is friendship. I want to be a better friend, more attentive and caring. I want to repair any friendships that my negligence has damaged or broken. This is my serious resolution.

2. Carrying-on: lots more eating out in my favourite places, and finding new favourite places to eat out in. :)

3. Career: I want to learn Russian, and travel to Eastern Europe, for work, and also for fun. Maybe meet some Eastern Europeans, and work on resolutions 1 and 2 as well!

• Like 2

Never really make new year's resolutions... Try to be better everyday.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elegant in its simplicity. Much harder to accomplish but I would echo Conquistador's comment

• Like 3

Never really make new year's resolutions... Try to be better everyday.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I agree with this too, and it's well said. But making resolutions is like setting benchmarks, picking out areas where that daily effort should be specially directed.

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Just try to be a more caring responsible person over the next year.

Guest *Ste***cque**

1. Smile more. My relaxed face seems to be a scowl, at least that's what my wife says. :)

2. Meditate more. I feel so much more centered afterwards and wonder why I don't find the time to do it more often.

3. Rejoin my BJJ and Karate clubs after a year long absence. Few things motivate you more than an opponent.

4. Continue being kind to everyone I meet. I always am but sometimes I get lost in thought and fail to smile, which makes people assume I'm angry or they've done something wrong.

I'll save the rest for 2017. :)

To be mindful in all that I do . Watch more for the lessons people present to me. Sometimes I go so fast I miss a lot that is important.

Make more time for my family, especially my nephew. He is my favourite man in the world.

Remember my mission in life, I am a healer in the middle of my many duties in life.

Strive to be an interesting and faithful companion to all who have chosen to spend time with me.

• Like 4

Guest n*gu**6

I'm pretty happy with the person I am, not to say I could not use improvement. lol

But my resolutions I think would actually try to be a little less naive, and to continue to be trusting, though more guarded. To try to do more, with less. And to try to see the good in everyone, even when they don't always show it to you.

I like to take each new year, as an opportunity to be a better person, than I was the year before. To be be more progressive and positive to myself and to others.

This isn't really a resolution like thing for me, as it is just good goals to have.

Of course, I think just about anyone, I know including myself, attempts at a better diet that lasts a month lol. So far, I have already started to do this, along with have a better sleep schedule.

Additional Comments:

I'm pretty happy with the person I am, not to say I could not use improvement. lol

But my resolutions I think would actually try to be a little less naive, and to continue to be trusting, though more guarded. To try to do more, with less. And to try to see the good in everyone, even when they don't always show it to you.

I need a bit more of a backbone myself. Getting there. Baby Steps

• Like 2

My 2016 resolution is to be more "ME" .. to be the best "ME" i can be ..

I have a goal planned out for 2016 so i need to remain focused to accomplish it .. to keep my eye on the final goal .. to live life as i want while helping others to reach their goals and be the best they can be

• Like 2