Hello Everyone,

Just getting caught up on things here on cerb after being out West for awhile. Lots of interesting discussion, as always.

The news from Tess, however, really caught my attention and apparently those of many many others, with well over a thousand having viewed her announcement about enrolling in rehab. A courageous and bold move, not unlike the persona she has built here on cerb. No sooner had I viewed her threads when, just like that, I received a request from her wanting me to visit. I was flabbergasted and flattered -- of course, I said, "Yes."

I just returned from visiting "Tess" where she is undergoing rehab. She is very aware, and grateful, that the cerb community has her back, and asked that I post an update about her as I see fit.

Tess is safe, but she is struggling. She is tired. Since enrolling, everyday has presented her a new challenge. She has had not good and really not good days. I reminded her that it is early days still, that this awful addiction has an 8-year head start on her.

However, Tess spoke to me in a manner so that there can be no mistaking; she is very determined to beat this thing, to learn as many of the coping and other life skills she will need in order to deal with her demons once her time in formalized rehab ends just over two weeks time.

Many of us have read about her courage. This afternoon, I was given the privilege of seeing it, up close, and it is no act, our Tess is for real.

So, let's all let her know (again) we're still here, and that we've still got her back.

• Like 5

Tess,

I want to encourage you to find the strength and determination to see this through.

Best wishes for your succeeding to beat the addiction.

Tess,

You have taken the first and biggest step, seeking help dealing with a personal demon. Keep up with the personal strength and courage that has gotten you this far. Good luck and all your friends look forward to seeing you come out the other end healthy and happy.

You have taken the first steps, Tess. Now you must find the internal fortitude and strength of character to persevere in this journey. Know that your fellow CERBites are behind you, walking beside you, and ready to lend whatever assistance you may need to be successful.

May you dig deep to find the courage and strength to continue until you are the victor in this struggle.

Stay strong Tess. And on those days when feeling a little weak - remember you have the strength of this community standing behind you and supporting you!

Please pass on our best wishes for Tess. Many of us have friends, family members, or personal experiences with the problems she is fighting. It is not an easy road but living clean and sober is worth the effort. My prayers are with Tess as she learns to live a new and healthy life. Let her know she is not alone now, or after leaving rehab. She has friends that she dose not yet know that are standing ready to support her in her battle. And the good news is that eventually it does get better.!!!

Thanks for the update Two Thirty. I've been thinking about Tess a lot over the past week or so, and wondering how she is managing.

Please keep us posted if you have any more news.

First I heard of this as I have been away for a while. Wishing you the best Tess. You have a long life ahead of you and many friends who want you to succeed.

Hang in there.

Guest S***e

Just to echo the sentiments expressed previously by many others, I can only wish you nothing but success in your efforts Tess. Recently, a close friend of mine went through treatment for about 30 days and he has come out of it very well with the support of his friends and family.

All the best to you!