I just found $640 while cleaning out a drawer in my bedroom!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's happened to me a few times before because I stash money away and always end up forgetting about it.

Today went from a very good day when I met a very nice gentleman this afternoon to a fantastic day. Yay!

I once found a hidden stash that I had hid from myself Ha Ha although it was only 380 dollars, it was a nice surprise. I even treated myself. :69: :-D

I used to have a room mate (once and only once..oy!) who lost her job and was slipping a 20 here and there outta my wallet...so I would hide my cash in my glasses-case...found the case after I moved with no glasses in it (bummer) but three $50 bills and 2 $20s (yay!)

Guest W***ledi*Time

The cashier at the local supermarket rung in my grocery bill today with an automatic 5% senior's discount! The first time that little bonus happened to me, I was still in my 40's, and didn't realize it until I checked my cash-register tape afterwards. I'm still not officially a senior, but I'll (unwittingly) impersonate one for money!

(signed) they don't call me "wrinkled" for nothing ...

Guest s******ecan****

When I graduated from University I went on a trip to England. I remember the day I left my dad stuck some US currency in my shaving kit to be "just in case money".

All the time I was travelling I never used the stash (I had seen him stick about $40 there) though I was tempted many times. It was to be my emergency reserve.

When I finally returned home and unpacked everything including the "stash" it turned out to be over $500 dollars (a tidy sum back then!). I instantly remembered all the little treats an luxuries I had forgone thinking the stash was only $40, but was also highly touched that my Dad had been so generous. It was also a good lesson in thinking conservatively about your resources.

Edited by s******ecan****
spelling

The cashier at the local supermarket rung in my grocery bill today with an automatic 5% senior's discount! The first time that little bonus happened to me, I was still in my 40's, and didn't realize it until I checked my cash-register tape afterwards. I'm still not officially a senior, but I'll (unwittingly) impersonate one for money!

(signed) they don't call me "wrinkled" for nothing ...

Lol, nice little bonus!

Additional Comments:

When I graduated from University I went on a trip to England. I remember the day I left my dad stuck some US currency in my shaving kit to be "just in case money".

All the time I was travelling I never used the stash (I had seen him stick about $40 there) though I was tempted many times. It was to be my emergency reserve.

When I finally returned home and unpacked everything including the "stash" it turned out to be over $500 dollars (a tidy sum back then!). I instantly remembered all the little treats an luxuries I dad forgone thinking the stash was only $40, but was also highly touched that my Dad had been so generous. It was also a good lesson in thinking conservatively about your resources.

It is very important to save it while you can. You never know what could happen, it always best to perpared!

Your Dad certainley took the right approach on teaching you how not to buy everything you think you want. More or less get what you need!

I've never had the pleasure of finding hundreds of dollars stashed away and forgotten... but I have to say that finding $20 in my jeans out of the wash, or in a coat or something at the start of a season is the best!

There's nothing like finding extra cash that's free and clear and unspoken for!

Last week, I was weeding through some old "stuff" that had not been touched for about 10 years and found $80US in an envelope and a $10 bill in the pocket of a torn old jacket I was about to put in the garbage.

I have once put $500 in my GF lingerie drawer(she would never wear any anyways) so that she could not find it. I had forgot about it until she came home from the mall with a brand new leather coat. I asked her how she could afford it and she simply said she found it one night in her lingerie drawer when she wanted to surprise me. She never did wear lingerie that night because she was so happy to have found the money.

It was a lesson learned for me. But the money had been there for almost 2 years.

I once started a thread about something lost that has great meaning. Out of the blue, someone here whom I shall never meet, offered to replace that item! No intent, just total sweetness! He will forever be atleast my cyber friend! Love ya and you know who you are!

I once found a Chapters gift card that had been given to me for Christmas. This was in August, and I had completely forgotten about it. I checked online and saw that it still held the full $100 value. For an avid reader like me, that was a GREAT find!

Guest S**a*Q

This post is gonna sound really, really odd for me but it's serious...

I lost everything material in the last 2 years, except my flute. ;)

BUT!!!

In all that loss, I found myself again. :D

.End Emotional Moment.

I hope I find money soon... :D

I'll settle with finding me though.

*Out of all the things I've lost... I miss my mind the most*

Okay, I couldn't stay serious!

Heehee!

BUT!!!

Well then you found the most important treasure of all. I'm happy for you, darlin'!:-D

BUT!!!

.End Emotional Moment.

Heehee!

I can understand Sara...over 4 years ago I walked away from everything in my life. Left all my material possesions, I don't even know where my medals are now and don't even care. Had to start my life over and get away from everything. As for money, I grew up in a family with money, titles, lands the works...and I want nothing to do with it...money has never made me happy in the past. As long as I can pay my bills and rent, I don't care about it at all!

For a time, when I was much younger and touring with a band, all I owned was a sleeping bag, a duffel bag with my clothes and stuff, and my guitar...

We had so little money, me and my band mates were stealing toilet paper from public rest rooms when we ran out...

Oh, the life of a musician... LOL - Seriously though, as hard as it was, it was an awesome experience in many different ways.

With respect to your comment though, Sara, there is a certain freedom that can only be found when you're not tied to money and material things.

I know what you mean by "finding yourself".

BUT!!!

.End Emotional Moment.

Heehee!

Guest ***nsut***jr

I found my car one time when it parked underground at the World Exchange Plaza. Don't laugh. It took me like 15 minutes. LOL. It is true.

Seriously I remember days when I would scour the seats and crevices of the car for enough money to buy a coffee or a drink. Remember when mortgages were around 14 percent? The odd think was that like was a lot me intense in some ways. Smaller things mattered more and times like Christmas were a celebration that lasted for weeks and you really felt something special was going on.

The more you pursue assets and financial success it seems that those things are just an annoyance and a waste of time. How wrong is that?

I feel fortunate now that I have relearned that small things are indeed some of the greatest things to have. Now for me just a quick PM from someone special is enough to make my day.

J

After my Dad passed away a few years back, I was going through his stuff in his room, all kinds of paper work and junk, to get it cleaned up. Between a couple of boxes, I found an envelope stuffed with $50 bills. I can't remember how much it was, but probably around $1,000. My Mom really could use it, probably still could, but she was much better with money than my Dad.

Anyway, it was a great find for her. No commission taken.

Sometimes I put some cash in pocket books or some old hard covers and then I forget about it until I fall short and then go looking:)

Guest f***2f***
I just found $640 while cleaning out a drawer in my bedroom!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's happened to me a few times before because I stash money away and always end up forgetting about it.

Today went from a very good day when I met a very nice gentleman this afternoon to a fantastic day. Yay!

That's where I left that $640!! lol :mrgreen:

seriously it's a great moment even if you just find $20 which I did in a suit I hadn't worn since last Christmas. I remember now putting it in the pocket when I was going to a function but it turned out to be a free bar. Well I guess i had trouble remembering the next day that I'd stashed the cash in the inside suit pocket...but I found it a month or so ago when I had to strap on a suit for something else...HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

I found an envelope in my bag from when a client gave it to me 2 weeks ago. It still had $20 in it after I had taken the rest of the money out a while back. Either I'm being very forgetful or good at stashing money away subconsciously.lol.