Your Slice of Heaven.......

I wonder if everyone has their own little slice of heaven?

For me here in rural PEI I know that I do. It's pretty crazy now that my kids have all left home for other provinces and my wife has passed away that I keep this property.

I have the pretty stereotypical PEI home - a huge old farmhouse that I constantly renovate, 15 acres that a neighbor uses to plant in grain or soybeans, a lovely garden plot, a huge perennial bed, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, and big old shade trees that are pretty handy in summer weather. Hummingbirds have adopted my place as well and I have the biggest bonfires without worrying about regulations. The list can go on and on.

I'm not going anywhere. If you want to stop in for a visit, just ask. :)

What's your piece of heaven?

• Like 9

Guest S****r

While I don't have this slice of heaven myself, what I do consider a slice of heaven is when I have the rare opportunity to stay at a cottage on a lake. I just love the flat surface of the water, the reflection of the moon on its surface. The quiet. The call of a loon.

Even if I am not IN the water, just being beside it somehow seems to nurture my soul.

I love it. I wish I had a cottage of my own, but I doubt I ever will.

I don't really have a place that I consider my slice of heaven but I know that when I am able to reconnect with my daughter who I lost a number of years ago through participating in activities that I know would be near and dear to her heart then I feel closest to heaven.

• Like 4

Best days should be spent in the place of your dream.

For me it is ocean, and beach, and sunbeam

Edited by Tempted Monk
Gramma correction
  • Like 3

For me it's my top floor condo overlooking the water... it's an elegant little hideaway I sometimes don't want to leave. I feel everyone needs that piece of personal space they can retreat to and shut the world out while they recharge their batteries for the next day's adventures...

• Like 2

Guest Prufrock Cummings

All I can think of when I see the title of this thread is Claire Heavens!

I have a few, that come to mind ... My mom and dad's voice, my yoga mat (yoga), meditation, flowers, nature, earthing, colouring mandalas and my long walks.

And Mrrnice2 careful with your invitations/offers because I'm already packing :)

• Like 1

Watering my little garden barefoot (earthing) and then coming back in to wash my feet in the tub with some music on which led to some dancing while at it.

• Like 2

I have a house on the Rideau river - not a huge house but in a quiet area with a a fenced-in yard where my dogs can swim in the summer and I can chilll and watch the river flow by or go kayaking .

Takes me awhile to get downtown but its worth it.

I envy anyone on the ocean

• Like 1

My house in the country, 23 acres near a river and I have over 10 acres of lawn to cut, my house is far from the road so I don't hear the traffic and no one can see my backyard where I can walk naked(which I like to do). I have 2 fire pit with benches so friends come and drink beer at night, a hot tub, a gazebo and a pool. I could say this is my slice of heaven.