Texting question/suggestion

I'm new to using texting to communicate (late adopter), and one thing I find uncomfortable is when I get a text asking me if I'm available, and I don't recognize the number and so I don't know who's asking.

It does matter to me because there are some I'd be happy to change my plans for, but if I don't know it's them, it won't happen.

Does anyone else find this awkward? I'm wondering if, at least the first couple times you text someone, you should identify yourself, especially if you know them otherwise.

I always identify myself now. I didn't at one point but then got back a few who is this replies and now use my handle. I really had no idea how many contacts a popular or new sp gets and when I did it made sense to do so.

Peace

MG

You could always texted back and ask them to give you there CERB name or there real name if they are OK with it. There is no harm in asking!

I think you are right. I only use text occasionaly, reserving it for those that I already know. It's a rather cold tool, especially when resorting to all the shortcuts and abreviations. As I tend towards trying to develop regular personal relationships, my first contacts are usually by email and voice. I think we both benefit from chatting before getting together, as we can both use our judgement better to screen for compatability. I always sign my communications.

I suppose there may be a place for texting for those women who are into getting high volume, and knowing you it's obvious that's not relavent in your case.

I do not mind a text to get things rolling. It gives me the opportunity to let someone know when it would be convenient for them to call so that we don't end up with endless voicemail tag. That being said, email and phone are essential for getting to know someone and to determine whether or not our chemistry will be compatible.

I usually do ask if we've met, but it would be appreciated if people would identify themselves initially.

I wouldn't know anyone by their CERB handle. I haven't advertised here much, and usually by the time someone has my phone number, we've already exchanged email. Even on the phone, it's probably a good idea to take a minute to say who you are and if we've met. Some days I'm just not up for seeing anyone new, but if I've met someone and the experience was pleasant, I'm more likely to be available than if I have no clue who I'm talking to.

It's funny but I get calls from people I met once or twice, and not for months, yet they seem to expect me to guess who they are.

It's funny but I get calls from people I met once or twice, and not for months, yet they seem to expect me to guess who they are.

Yes, I particularly like the "hi, remember me". I don't save numbers so I do need a reminder; like a name :)

Yes, I particularly like the "hi, remember me". I don't save numbers so I do need a reminder; like a name :)

But Meg, I've only had the pleasure of meeting you once (so far), but I'd never forget you ;)

RG;):rolleyes:;)

Additional Comments:

Jeez, after a day dream about Ann Margaret, forgot the rest of my post. Yes, I'll use texting, only after introductions via e-mail or pm's are done. And then I make sure I include my phone number, so they'll know it's me texting/calling

RG

When I text, I always identify myself in th beginning, usually with my handle/name on CERB. Texting is rarely my first point of contact with an SP, i usually would either PM or send an email, establish somewhat of a rapport. If I am setting up a session or have one set up and travelling to an incall, I usually advise that I will send a text when I get near, or if there are any issues or whatever and I always make sure I provide my cell number so that the SP can reference back to if needed. Also, something may come up for them, so they can text me if I am travelling and we can adjust as needed.

In fact I did exactly that with my last session and the SP had to postpone for 2 hours. As I was travelling 4 hours one way to see her, she sent me a text after I was half way there to tell me she was delayed As a result I took my time travelling and was much more relaxed when meeting her. Could have turned out much worse, but communication is key when seeing an SP and this is a great example.

In fact I did exactly that with my last session and the SP had to postpone for 2 hours. As I was travelling 4 hours one way to see her, she sent me a text after I was half way there to tell me she was delayed As a result I took my time travelling and was much more relaxed when meeting her. Could have turned out much worse, but communication is key when seeing an SP and this is a great example.

Communication win!

if i book an sp for the first time i usually text for general info and book through cerb or by phone. after that if i text i use first name plus the smal towns i live in or occupation. the only sp i don't do this for is the women i see regularly who has me in her cell phone address book.

Posted via Mobile Device

I will ask if they've seen me before. I don't mind a few texts back and forth, but I insist they "call" to actually book the appointment.

I avoid texting. I prefer e-mail contact and then voice. I've only recently started advertising my cell number, though I've been providing it in e-mail for a long time. My phone isn't always turned on but my voice message encourages callers to contact me via my website. I usually ignore texts that come in asking if I'm available unless the person identifies himself first and we've already met. I don't take last minute appointments.

Guest C*****tte

I only give out my number to booked clients so when I get a text from them I know it is someone who I have seen. However, if they do not sign their texts I have no clue who it is. I do not store contact info. So yes, please sign your texts. Also leave a name with your voicemails.

I agree, leaving your name with your voice mail should be something practiced in every day life, so it should easily apply here as well. As well, I alway ensure that I give my name/handle with my very first text so that she can know who it is from. Common courtesy as far as I am concerned, but I realize that it may not be practiced by everyone.

I only give out my number to booked clients so when I get a text from them I know it is someone who I have seen. However, if they do not sign their texts I have no clue who it is. I do not store contact info. So yes, please sign your texts. Also leave a name with your voicemails.

I think you are right. I only use text occasionaly, reserving it for those that I already know. It's a rather cold tool, especially when resorting to all the shortcuts and abreviations. As I tend towards trying to develop regular personal relationships, my first contacts are usually by email and voice. I think we both benefit from chatting before getting together, as we can both use our judgement better to screen for compatability. I always sign my communications.

I suppose there may be a place for texting for those women who are into getting high volume, and knowing you it's obvious that's not relavent in your case.

I soooooo agree with you here. I find it creates a distance, and for such an intimate encounter, and when you consider the extra immediacy only available from voice to voice, nuance, tone, and politeness, it just lacks so much.

Also, I am highly suspicious. A text can be sent and received by anyone anytime. I watched a movie once setting up someone via text pretending to be someone the person knew. It could be any gender answering/sending. It has history, so it could be a recording of setting up incall, giving address, rates, services, etc etc. It just seems like a very bad idea.

Anything other than a direct phone call seems to be tediously lengthy, to do something than can take a very short time and turn it into an hour of back and forthing, in short spurts, lol. Oh, and as anyone can see, I find it difficult to keep to short messages and compact sentences lol.