Craigs list... no more "erotic" section?

Guest S**r***e

So it looks like the Erotic and Adult section of CL is gone for Ottawa. Anyone else notice this?

Hi Sixernine I checked and yep, it's been removed from the front page. You can still access via /ers, but I'm guessing that will be gone too in a couple of days. Kind of like a circus leaving town for the last time... Met some interesting people on there, but overall not really worth the risk.

Platypus

Guest ba**a*****00

Am I crazy, or is there no longer an "erotic" section on NB Craigs list?

Actually it is still there, but the link is off the CL main page. If you google it, or go back in your browser history you can get to it. You could bookmark it and get back to it that way.

That is true, but the last ad was posted at 7:57 pm, almost an hour ago. Likely no more ads can be placed in this section and since it is not limited to Ottawa likely it is a coordinated action by CL admin.

How typically stupid of the government to pick on CL -- how many other websites advertise SPs?? As if anything will be solved

• Like 1

I am not surprised this has happend at all. The Canadian Government has placed a huge amount of pressure on CL to remove the erotic section for some time. They were bound to cave from it eventually.

I have had many fond memories of CL Erotics, going back a few years. It may not be for everyone but it sure did its job. I hope other sites will step up to fill the void.

I had a browser tab open to it for hours, refreshing every now and then and there were no updated since after 7pm tonight. I switched to the main page it was gone. So is the adult gigs section as well.

Will they get ride of casual encounter too because anyone can post there just as easily? Of course as was stated there are so many other places to post. Like the deliciously sexy ladies here on CERB!! :)

Try Backpage girls OR the casual encounters on CL..we knew this was coming I thought it was dec 1st....

I basically only use it when in K-town, so I''m not too upset BUT I know many girls that make their living off of it!

Again backpage girls....

Yes it's gone. However the problem of underaged and trafficked women still remains. Which was the root of the problem. There will be other options for massage attendants and service providers to advertise, give it time. Meanwhile sites like cerb will hopefully thrive with more traffic for quality providers while the traffickers, scum and fakers fade away.

I think the problem was that cl took a totally "hands-off" community moderated strategy. This played into the hands of criminals & fraudsters, and was often used against legit advertisers. I advertised with them and will now need to find an alternative to their convenient "enroute" advertising that worked so well for me. But overall, I'd rather see our advertising handled by responsible professionals. I never paid a cent for my cl ads, but they took their toll on me in so many other ways.

• Like 5

They are arguing that CL is a place for human trafficking. I don't know if this is true. I have never come accross some form of human trafficking in CL.