Chat Room - Keep it with video/audio or loose the video/audio?

CHAT ROOM? - Please Vote (3 day poll)  

52 members have voted

1. 1. CHAT ROOM? - Please Vote (3 day poll)

• Remove the video/audio abilities (go back to normal chat room)
    • Keep it - the audio/video is important to me
    • Remove the chat room all together
    • Remove it and try to put the CHAT BOX back in instead (More budget towards bigger servers)
    • I dont care.

So the budget is taking a big kick since we have to add some serious hardware to the site. I am considering removing the Video chat server as it costs a small fortune and very few people are using the CAM/AUDIO abilities of the chat room.

If we take a couple hundred a month (Take away the video chat server) and put that towards a MUCH larger server (Like something with 16gig of ram and quad xeon 64bit dedicated mysql server) we could probably get the CHAT BOX working again with all the extra power.... with the flash video/audio server it's just not in the budget to do both.

the chat room was once alot of fun..then it got out of hand....then it got boring....

The chat box was nice in the morning or for quick hello to friends.....

besides the chat is a place I have found for my worst type of rant......lurkers

I like the chat room, but don't really care about the video/audio feature. Like Gobo, I don't know what the chat box is. I assume this was something that cerb used to have before I became a member.

I like the chat room, but don't really care about the video/audio feature. Like Gobo, I don't know what the chat box is. I assume this was something that cerb used to have before I became a member.

It was a nice feature back in 2008/2009 and got replace with chat room.

Perhaps the community should consider donations (like Wikipedia). Need to find a discrete way to collect them like ccbill. I for one would make a donation.

Keep the chat room but you can remove the video/audio. I did use it a couple of times, but if really cost hundred by month...not worth it

I know a lot of people avoid the chat room, but I am what I can call a regular there I go at least 2 or 3 evenings a night.

Yes it can help to have some meetings with some gents, but more important it's the friendship that happen there. We are a couple that go often and we did create some bond...it would be sad to actually loose that part:(

I find the chat room is sometimes abused. I used to go on, but dont anymore. Some guys and I really do mean SOME, come in the chat room, request a private chat and then just want to dirty talk and never book.

I actually liked the little shout out box! And if getting rid of the chat room mean we can get a bigger server, I am no techy, but I guess that means cerb will be able to handle more people logging on with out the site crashing, then I say go for it!

I find the last few days after supper when Iam trying to log on, I get a message saying there is an error. Is that because an overload of new users logging on at the same time??

I am a frequent chatter in the afternoons. I really enjoy the friendships that I have acquired through the chat. As for the cam...once in awhile, if I am feeling that exhibitionist side of myself calling, I will turn it on but it is not really necessary for me, especially at that price.

I am a frequent chatter in the afternoons. I really enjoy the friendships that I have acquired through the chat. As for the cam...once in awhile, if I am feeling that exhibitionist side of myself calling, I will turn it on but it is not really necessary for me, especially at that price.

the chatroom is good for chatting anytime but don't really need the cam thing mostly lurkers on watching them and then look to private chat with girls just to waste there time

So the budget is taking a big kick since we have to add some serious hardware to the site. I am considering removing the Video chat server as it costs a small fortune and very few people are using the CAM/AUDIO abilities of the chat room.

If we take a couple hundred a month (Take away the video chat server) and put that towards a MUCH larger server (Like something with 16gig of ram and quad xeon 64bit dedicated mysql server) we could probably get the CHAT BOX working again with all the extra power.... with the flash video/audio server it's just not in the budget to do both.

You lost me at "the budget is taking a big kick"!

I can only think of two people that ecer used the Vid/Aud in chat and they have long stopped going to chat.

I think it is a wast of money for now to have the vid/aud option. Also with all the newbies, it cause more pain than anything else. I have seem some of the remarks from a newby in the chat room! It was not cool!

Guest ***nsut***jr

Personally the chat is a must for the site. The video and audio are the two things I don't like about it.

I have made quite a few friends there and also see the relationships that have formed between others.

I know that the ladies don't like some of the comments or behavior from some of the guys but is it not better to see this stuff on chat rather than booking with an idiot?

There are features like vote to kick someone off as well.

For me its a fun place to hang out or grab a quick diversion during a mundane work day.

I would miss my friends if it were removed.:-(

J

I always liked having the latest tecnology.

I do occasionally go into the chat room and turn on my webcan sometimes, but have only had one respond with the video/audio option. So, I would suggest keeping the chat room without the audio/video option until it becomes affordable as most technologies do with time.

The server for the flash chat room (FMS server) was pre-paid for a few months I beleive (Accounting here is looking into this for me) so we may have both for a while still... but the chat box is back and we are testing it now. The new server should be able to handle the load (I hope!) - cross your fingers!!

Guest f***2f***

Yeah I like chat room. I was not using it for a while but lately in there at lest once a day. You can lose the video and audio. It was fun a couple years ago and some of the ladies used to give cam shows but I don't think it was working out for bookings for them....just guys getting a free show and so a waste of time for them I think.

Love having the Shout box back!:mrgreen: