TESTING - Server Update - Fixing broken stuff

Lots of images are broken and some features are broken (I am working on all that) but the core server has been moved and seams to be working.

Thanks, mod. I'm sure this will be a big improvement.

The "To view everyone's album" link on the home page is broken, as you probably know.

Wasn't able to log back had to reset my pass word .

When , I got the email , I got a warning message to use extreme caution .

I knew the site was fine .... but was a little freaky .

I've just never seen that note come up before !!

sounds like some antivirus type program? very odd... anyone else get this? the ip changed so anyone using opendns may be a warning like that too I suspect. the ip changed by one number (the next number in he same chain) so it should not set off any alarms...

site seams to be running faster. I have not installed the really fast stuff yet like xcache and the light httpd server so it will get faster as I work the new server in. I also have a cross connect to the DB but have not got that working yet either so it may be slow still at peak times but I will get it all going asap.

So when I click on albums, the site kicks me out, also when I click Multiple accounts area or thread the site kicks me out when clicking on the profile of the member....and I mean I need to log back in. As for speed, it is fine, but hardly anyone on probably at this time in the am.Will check later this aft.

BTW.... Just checked and I can surf albums by going to users profile and click on their photo's..... that get me to pics but the main page albums area boots me out and I get the V bulletin I need to sign in again, once signed in I get access to the album area.

Edited by PistolPete

I took afternoon off to come home just to look into Female avdertisement section (as a result of a sudden cancellation) but I find it still relatively slow!!!!. It can take me between 20 seconds to as much as a minute or more to open screens and navigate between pages.

PS - I don't know how many people are logged on right now. We used to have a list of names who were logged on at any time (or viewing a certain page) for years but this feature is all but disappeared on my account!!!.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... PS - I don't know how many people are logged on right now. We used to have a list of names who were logged on at any time ...

This feature is back now.

the Mod is amazing at keeping up the demand and stuff that happens around here....but I still do not have God status yet.........strange..but true.....

Yes you are right. Thanks WIT. I must have been blind lol.

I can see a list of people who are logged in right now (and they are many so that likely explains why it is fairly slow), but we also were able to see who is viewing what section or page (under each section or page). I still don't have that feature back.

Right, SA. And the list on the home page isn't in alphabetical order as it used to be.

Right Cato, the list is not alphabetical. Thanks for the comment on the other issue. I thought may be it was only me who couldn't see the list under each section or page!!!.

About 500 people are logged on right now. Not sure if this means too many to slow down the server this much.

I am not usually one to complain about tech related topics, as I know nothing about tech related topics, but I am finding Cerb to be quite slow as of late. I am having a hard time logging on and an especially hard time navigating from thread to thread...

Yup, It is still very slow... Not really sure why but the server load is down and I am still working on it. At least the new server seams to be working.

Some of the ladies photos are missing or corrupt from the move... That sucks! so if you find a ladies photo not showing up please let her know - she will need to delete it from her album and re-upload it.

As for the site speed. I am doing my best to get it going. The new server is a centos server and not a fedora server so I have a bit of a learning curve and not all the stuff works the same... I admin I am struggling a little with it but I will get it up to speed ASAP.

Mod, I/we most certainly appreciate your valued work on CERB.

Thanks a whole bunch.

Cheers

Thanks for all the work mod!

Just one thing that might be broken: I can't seem to log in when in private browsing in Chrome (using Linux). I used to be able to do it before, but now I get the "thank you for logging in" page, but when it redirects I'm not logged in.

Tested this in Firefox with private browsing, and I can log in. Also, I can log in when not in privacy mode in Chrome. I'm guessing it's probably a problem with getting a proper cookie while in Chrome private browsing? It might be an issue with my version of Chrome (it automatically updates from time to time) but I thought I'd mention this just in case it's a server issue.

A lot of you are having cookie problems. I am not sure about the privacy browsers (They are suppose to delete cookies when closed) but for regular browsers just delete all your cookies and log back in (Should fix those issues)

Well.. I got a lot of the bugs worked out. The server load balancing is working now so we should see improvements, the DNS is fully resolved so that will help a lot.

A number of the photos are still messed up but the photo upload is working good on both the albums and the recommendations.

The site seams to be loading much faster then earlier.

I still think it can be faster still... but seeing that 700 members are currently using the site and none of the servers are even breaking a sweat and the pages are loading pretty quick... I would say it's doing very well. We had over 1800 members on it earlier and the site was just crawling but I think I have fixed that (See Below for the techies who are interested...)

Turns out we have a couple of spammers just repeatedly trying to make accounts (Automated "bots") and they are trying to make a new registration every few seconds. I have blocked most of the offending IP's but stuff like that chews up speed for everyone too.. I HATE SPAMMERS.

Techie Stuff...

Memcached is still not working properly. Xcache is not either (I tried both) so we currently do not have a cache'ing system running.

I tried to get lighttpd running as well... no go with PHP in Fast-php mode / Ruby

I just keep running into walls on this new server as it's very different then what I am use to running.

I am going to bring a friend in next week who I know can fix these issues... Once cache is running the pages will load much faster.

Good news is fast-php and RubyonRails is running now under apache and the big thing is that I got the cross connect to the database on the dedicate nix card running properly (has some firewall issues - been resolved)

Backup to NOC system is installed and running (on all servers)

Raid is running on all servers

All the servers are now being monitored (In case any die or reboot for no reason)

Been a busy week, going to need a beer or 12 and some good sleep. Please PM me if anyone notices anything else not working right.... I will fix it next week unless it's major.

... who hoo! I can sleep a little!

Good Night!

Yes, it takes less than a few seconds to logon and navigate between pages. It is fast for sure. About 100 members are logged on so early this morning (not sure how many non-members). Lets hope it would be also fast when a larger number of members/non-members are logged on too. Thank you mod for the hard work and fixing the problems.