Expanding on the chat etiquette question...

I don't know quite how to start this thread but it's an expansion on the other "chat etiquette" thread as an MP. To start, I am on chat daily and have had conversations come up in private, either asking me about services that are beyond my description or other. I do provide my description and services before these questions arise. I don't know if I am just being a bit of a prude by the fact that this bothers me, but feel that the members that are on here have a good understanding of what we do provide. Everyone is at their own comfort level, and questions within certain limits are always welcomed. I don't think these gentleman are taking the time to view our profiles, reviews, conversations and try to get to know us a little beforehand? I have had my private conversations shut down without a send off or even thanked for my time. It's insulting at times.

I would really like to see these situations be more understood beforehand. A little understanding of what services all the fine ladies on Cerb offer, keeps the chat room entertaining and fun.

xoxoxoxo

I don't know quite how to start this thread but it's an expansion on the other "chat etiquette" thread as an MP. To start, I am on chat daily and have had conversations come up in private, either asking me about services that are beyond my description or other. I do provide my description and services before these questions arise. I don't know if I am just being a bit of a prude by the fact that this bothers me, but feel that the members that are on here have a good understanding of what we do provide. Everyone is at their own comfort level, and questions within certain limits are always welcomed. I don't think these gentleman are taking the time to view our profiles, reviews, conversations and try to get to know us a little beforehand? I have had my private conversations shut down without a send off or even thanked for my time. It's insulting at times.

I would really like to see these situations be more understood beforehand. A little understanding of what services all the fine ladies on Cerb offer, keeps the chat room entertaining and fun.

xoxoxoxo

I think we all, MP and SP alike, describe our services either on our profile page or in our ads. A quick click will let you know what we offer. Why try to persuade us to offer additional services that are not listed???? If we do not offer what you want, do your research and find someone who does. Why would we suddenly change our minds just because we are in chat????

Thanks Erin for this and for being such a fun chat buddy!

I'll never understand why some guys think that they have some sort of superpowered charm that works through chat rooms or e-mails that allows them to convince a lady to offer a service or change a rate. Like the lady in question is just waiting for the first guy to come along and ask. Puh-lease. You know you can poke people on Facebook? I think there should be an option in chat where the lady can chat-kick someone in the junk.

I think we all, MP and SP alike, describe our services either on our profile page or in our ads. A quick click will let you know what we offer. Why try to persuade us to offer additional services that are not listed???? If we do not offer what you want, do your research and find someone who does. Why would we suddenly change our minds just because we are in chat????

Thanks Erin for this and for being such a fun chat buddy!

Thank you Meg. Always a pleasure to chat with you as well. I have chatted in private with a few other ladies as they have been kind enough to share with me who is there to be genuine and who are not. We ladies stick together. ; )

Additional Comments:

I'll never understand why some guys think that they have some sort of superpowered charm that works through chat rooms or e-mails that allows them to convince a lady to offer a service or change a rate. Like the lady in question is just waiting for the first guy to come along and ask. Puh-lease. You know you can poke people on Facebook? I think there should be an option in chat where the lady can chat-kick someone in the junk.

Hahaha! Super junk poke cerb chat feature would be awesome!

I've got another chat room rant to add to this thread. While having a great conversation with my roomies as always, I got a private chat request from a member. He asked about my services and after corresponding with him for quite some time to give him all my details, it turned out he just wanted a date. This is not Plenty of Fish or E Harmony as the majority knows. : ) Anyway, after politely turning him down, he kept insisting, and it's lucky I had the patience today as it was very irritating and a waste of my time. I politely let him know that I had things to do and that the chat should be wrapped up unless he wanted to book some time. He asked me if he was wasting my time and if I could chat some more. I told him yes and he seemed surprised. I'm wondering if this should be reported to MOD in the future to warn other ladies of the time waste and potential danger of this kind of lurking activity. I asked him if he does this to all the ladies on here and he said just me as I am pretty and nice. Hhhhhmmmm. I'm not that naive! We are all part of this community as providers and hobbiests and I thought it was very innapropriate on his part. Any thoughts?

Erin, I am sure my scenario isn't what you a referring to but it does sound close. Those who know me know I can be chatty. At times I have spent long sessions in chat with a lady and sometimes in private. But I think I can take a hint, am honest about my interests, and respect the lady's time. You hope in time men and women learn the standard of conduct on CERB and new members are shown the respect we afford each other. But not all will quickly learn this and we'll have to cope thru the frustration and not lower our own personal standard of conduct in the meantime.

Cub

I've got another chat room rant to add to this thread. While having a great conversation with my roomies as always, I got a private chat request from a member. He asked about my services and after corresponding with him for quite some time to give him all my details, it turned out he just wanted a date. This is not Plenty of Fish or E Harmony as the majority knows. : ) Anyway, after politely turning him down, he kept insisting, and it's lucky I had the patience today as it was very irritating and a waste of my time. I politely let him know that I had things to do and that the chat should be wrapped up unless he wanted to book some time. He asked me if he was wasting my time and if I could chat some more. I told him yes and he seemed surprised. I'm wondering if this should be reported to MOD in the future to warn other ladies of the time waste and potential danger of this kind of lurking activity. I asked him if he does this to all the ladies on here and he said just me as I am pretty and nice. Hhhhhmmmm. I'm not that naive! We are all part of this community as providers and hobbiests and I thought it was very innapropriate on his part. Any thoughts?

Posted via Mobile Device

It was inappropriate and you are within your means to notify Mod.

We are all part of this community as providers and hobbiests and I thought it was very innapropriate on his part. Any thoughts?

Erin, I am sure my scenario isn't what you a referring to but it does sound close. Those who know me know I can be chatty. At times I have spent long sessions in chat with a lady and sometimes in private. But I think I can take a hint, am honest about my interests, and respect the lady's time. You hope in time men and women learn the standard of conduct on CERB and new members are shown the respect we afford each other. But not all will quickly learn this and we'll have to cope thru the frustration and not lower our own personal standard of conduct in the meantime.

Cub

Posted via Mobile Device

I love to chat in there as well with my regular roomies. You're one of them. : ) There's many of us that are personable and chat away. I am one and chat in private as well and if I have to run I do, I always sign off to let everyone know and say bye. It's always understood and overall fun. The person who approached me is a new member, but common sense should lead the direction. It's pretty sad that the code of conduct is misused and it's difficult to reinforce. Overall, we all deal with the frustration of a few bad apples here and there but worth it to chat with the good ones.

Thanks. : )

Additional Comments:

It was inappropriate and you are within your means to notify Mod.

Thank you. I will.

I think one of the most common things I have experienced in a private chat conversation is those asking for single services or those trying to lowball an SP. I just tell them I don't do that and politely end the conversation. Yes, it's annoying but sometimes you have to weed through some bad apples to find a few good chat buddies. :)

if they act like an ass i close the chat window, end of story! And no, i dont appologize for it either. If i am feeling cheeky and they say 'got a site' i say got money?! They get the hint after that

Posted via Mobile Device