I think maybe we should have a section for these as well if we don't already..here's one i just received:

your VISA card 4XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX: possible fraudulent transaction # 48295821

InboxX

Reply |VISA to me

show details 5:58 AM (3 hours ago)

fromVISA <[email protected]>

[email protected]

dateWed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:58 AM

subjectyour VISA card 4XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX: possible fraudulent transaction # 48295821

Important mainly because it was sent directly to you.

hide details 5:58 AM (3 hours ago)

Dear VISA card holder,

A recent review of your transaction history determined that

your card was used at an ATM located in Iraq, but for security

reasons the requested transaction was refused. You need to

complete the VISA Card Holder form. You can do this by

clicking the link below:

http://www.visa.ca/en/merchant/index.jsp?=QjzKLt4g3NwfJmMVbxhub6keaxZvHO3tCRAziHeECQfoFuaER5Y6Ku[/url]

VISA Cards Support

Message-ID: [ #d5fd5f7ddd963b44328c71d2d3ee7222# ]

Edited by Emma Alexandra

As a general rule, no financial institution will notify you by e-mail about anything other than advertising or letting you know that something on your account needs attention, in which case you should not use any links in the e-mail and manually log onto your account by typing the web address into the browser.

When in doubt, call them on the telephone.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will never contact you by e-mail about your tax return.

There is also a new scam going around where the perp will contact you by telephone, giving convincing information about your address, account number, some transactions, etc. and then ask you for additional private information.

The best practice is to call the financial institution back at a number known to you.

Guest G***f******
As a general rule, no financial institution will notify you by e-mail about anything other than advertising

Even at that, do NOT click on any links in such an e-mail. Always go to your banks website by typing the address in your browser bar directly.

I once got a phishing e-mail that looked like and ad from a Canadian bank, but the links it had were all to a domain name that was not the actual one from the bank. It was slightly off, and the page it took you to was an exact copy of the banks real webpage, but if you were to click their "sign in" button, you would have just handed them your account number and password.

Scam of the day:

This is your official notification from ScotiaBank. Your online login has expired.

If you want to continue using our services, you have to renew your online right away. If not, your online banking will be limited and deleted.

To continue, visit our website:

http://d1143782.dom.com/scotiaonline/canada/start.jsplanguage=/

and complete the renew form with your current information.

Sincerely,

ScotiaOnLine

I think maybe we should have a section for these as well if we don't already..here's one i just received:

your VISA card 4XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX: possible fraudulent transaction # 48295821

InboxX

Reply |VISA to me

show details 5:58 AM (3 hours ago)

fromVISA <[email protected]>

[email protected]

dateWed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:58 AM

subjectyour VISA card 4XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX: possible fraudulent transaction # 48295821

Important mainly because it was sent directly to you.

hide details 5:58 AM (3 hours ago)

Dear VISA card holder,

A recent review of your transaction history determined that

your card was used at an ATM located in Iraq, but for security

reasons the requested transaction was refused. You need to

complete the VISA Card Holder form. You can do this by

clicking the link below:

http://www.visa.ca/en/merchant/index.jsp?=QjzKLt4g3NwfJmMVbxhub6keaxZvHO3tCRAziHeECQfoFuaER5Y6Ku[/url]

VISA Cards Support

Message-ID: [ #d5fd5f7ddd963b44328c71d2d3ee7222# ]

Scam of the day:

This is your official notification from ScotiaBank. Your online login has expired.

If you want to continue using our services, you have to renew your online right away. If not, your online banking will be limited and deleted.

To continue, visit our website:

http://d1143782.dom.com/scotiaonline/canada/start.jsplanguage=/

and complete the renew form with your current information.

Sincerely,

ScotiaOnLine

I've had a similar E-mail not too long ago, about a credit card (MC) issued by a financial institution i did not do business with. I've always had a call from my bank when they had to notice me that my debit card was "frozen" due to cloning, and to please go by my nearest Branch to take care of it. Most canadian institution will have a number or e-mail to report fraud, so in case of doubt, call first. I've called to ask what to do and i was told to forward the e-mail to their fraud section, so they could action it.

In these cases cited above, you'll notice that the links do not point towards a secure website as it should (should start by https:). so if the full link appears, look for that.

Guest s******ecan****
As a general rule, no financial institution will notify you by e-mail about anything other than advertising or letting you know that something on your account needs attention........

I can't comment on other financial institutions but I know for a fact that my bank never emails any information (advertising or otherwise). When as has happened on occaision they need to notify me regarding my accounts it is always by letter. I have been told by the Financial Institution that this policy is in place because email is not secure.

Today's scam:

Dear Customer,

INTERCONTINENTAL LOAN COMPANY LIMITED,help you to change the way you live.Seeking for a loan with us is simple and straight forward,

loans from $5,000 to $4,000,000.00 over 5 to 30 years.we make the process convenient and fast.

Our interest rate is 3% APR Typical variable and this means that all of our clients pay this rate.

Interested Persons should fill the information below and forward to us via E-mail :

BORROWERS INFORMATION

Your names ................................

Your country...............................

Your address ..............................

Your Age...............................

Your Fax Number...................

Personal number.......................

Office number.................................

Your occupation..........................

Your marital status ......................

Current Status at place of work.........

Sex...................................

Phone number..............................

Monthly Income...............................

Amount Needed...........................

Loan duration.......................................

Brief description of individual...........

Kind Regards,

Mr.David Johnson

Additional Comments:

Today's scam:

Dear Email Owner!

We are pleased to inform you again of the result of the Internet Promotional Draws. All email addresses entered for this promotional draws were randomly inputted from an internet resource database using the Synchronized Random Selection System (SRSS).

This is our second letter to you.Your email address was selected in the Category A with Ref. Digit Code: LDI202713/IT and Ticket Digit Code: RMA78955/2011-12, and this qualifies you to be the recipient of the grand prize award sum of Two million, five hundred thousand united States dollars.

The payout of this cash prize to you will be subject to the final validations and satisfactory report that you are the bona fide owner of the winning email address. In line with the governing rules of claim, you are required to establish contact with your designated claims agent via email or telephone with the particulars below:

Enquiry officer: Nikola Grahl

Phone: +39 3275929816

Email: [email protected]

You may establish contact with the Enquiry Officer via the e-mail address above with the information's necessary: Name:, Address:, Phone:, Cell Phone:, Email:, Alternative Email:, Occupation:, Ref. Digit Code: and Ticket Digit Code:

Failure to complete the claims of your cash prize after 14 days of this notice will result in the revision of award. Hence, you should commence your claims process immediately, by contacting the claims agent (Nikola Grahl) who would be guiding you through the Claims process.

Note: All replies should be addressed to Mr. Nikola Grahl ([email protected]) for further information, any reply sent to other email will not be attended to.

Please take note.

Yours Faithfully,

Gloria Williams

Promotion Coordinator.

...We have series of Bank Drafts and ATM Cards here in our custody and they are sealed and we don't know who and where they belong to we are getting in touch with you to know if you have ever received an email regarding any Bank Draft and ATM Cards please contact us back as we are ready to Mail them to you this was the order given to me and the company by the Ministry of Finance here in Nigeria.

Here is my contact email address

Full Names: - Mr. Ade Eric Jones

Valid Contact: - [email protected]

Just for Fun, I sent this to Ade:

have not receeved my funds yet what info do you need ?

Reply from Ade:

I received your email and I would like to make this lucid to you, all Bank Draft and ATM Cards has been retrieved from all Delivery Companies and all Banks by the Federal Minister of Finance here in Nigeria and has been handed to our company to deliver it to you via global postal service Mail Service. This is due to lack of payment from beneficiary, that is why the federal ministry of finance has decided to grant a waiver on each package for easy and cheap payment.

Im a God fearing person and that is why im letting see the legitimacy in this transaction that from henceforth you should stop any contact with any fraudulent people that send you email that they have your atm card or draft but except form us here in this organization.

We have series and different types of Bank draft and ATM cards, it is now left for you to identify your own parcel by providing your full names, name of the benefactor and amount expected for verification purpose in other for us to know that you are the genuine and rightful beneficiary of the funds.

Your Full names..........................

Address:.................................

state:...................................

Country and Zip code....................................

your telephone / cell number .............................

Sex/Age/marital status

These information above will be needed to complete the verification purpose Mind you, this is to check with our case file to know that you are the rightful

beneficiary of the funds so as for us not to deliver someone else package to a wrong address.

Our Service will get your parcel to you via Global postal service in 2days time after you meet up with the postal service fee which is of a very low tariff to suit you and to make sure you receive your parcel via our company, as for our postage service we will want you to know that GPS (Global Postal Service) will need you to pay for the postage service which is $105 which will be for the service rendered to you Find below the outline charges on you parcel.

Global Postal Service Fee: - $30

Administrative charges: - $50

postage stamp fee: - $25.

TOTAL: - $105

I urge you to please meet up with these requirement along with the information I asked you to fill from you above your name, address, country, state, city zip code and telephone number and get back to me on this email.

We understand your plight if you must have been scammed before or previously by those fake internet fraudstar and this is the reason why the Federal Ministry Of Finance Nigeria is being involve in this and our duty here is to make the ATM card available to you on the point of you getting the $105 across firstly to us.

The $105 is for our organization administrative charges and the postal stamp duty on the card before the card can proceed out of this country.be noted of this.

Fill out your information above and get to me on this email then i will respond back to you by sending you the channel and information/ instruction on how you can get the $105 to this office to commence the delivery to you.

N/B: - C.O.D IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS IT HAS BEEN ABOLISHED ACCORDING TO CROSS SECTION 67 OF THE DELIVERY ACT OF NIGERIA.

Awaiting your prompt response with urgency on this email.

Regards to you and the family.

Mr. Ade Eric Jones

FOR THE MANAGEMENT

GLOBAL POSTAL SERVICE (G.P.S)

Sent to Ade:

dont got 105 dollas can you lend me that I will gratful be and send yoo 210 pesos, dubble yur money

Yers trooly, Borne Yasterdy

Scam of the day:

Dear Email Owner,

We are pleased to inform you again of the result of the Internet Promotional Draws. All email addresses entered for this promotional draws were randomly inputted from an internet resource database using the Synchronized Random Selection System (SRSS).

This is our second letter to you.Your email address was selected in the Category A with Ref. Digit Code: LDI202713/IT and Ticket Digit Code: RMA78955/2011-12, and this qualifies you to be the recipient of the grand prize award sum of Two million, five hundred thousand united States dollars.

The payout of this cash prize to you will be subject to the final validations and satisfactory report that you are the bona fide owner of the winning email address. In line with the governing rules of claim, you are required to establish contact with your designated claims agent via email or telephone with the particulars below:

Enquiry officer: Nikola Grahl

Phone: +39 3275929816

You may establish contact with the Enquiry Officer via the e-mail address above with the information's necessary: Name:, Address:, Phone:, Cell Phone:, Email:, Alternative Email:, Occupation:, Ref. Digit Code: and Ticket Digit Code:

Failure to complete the claims of your cash prize after 14 days of this notice will result in the revision of award. Hence, you should commence your claims process immediately, by contacting the claims agent (Nikola Grahl) who would be guiding you through the Claims process.

Note: All replies should be addressed to Mr. Nikola Grahl ([email protected]) for further information, any reply sent to other email will not be attended to.

Please take note.

Yours Faithfully,

Elisabetta Stefano

Promotion Coordinator.

Guest G***f******

And then there are all the tools pretending to be Blizzard, trying to steal my Battle.net account information.

I get , at LEAST one of these a day. I know they are fake because I'm getting in them on an e-mail account that has no connection to my WoW account.

Dispatch Manager

United Parcel Service(UPS)

Phone:011-234-813-4779191

Customers Service Hours--Monday to Saturday:

Office Hours Monday to Saturday:

Attention,Attention,Attention

This is the United Parcel Service (UPS)mailing you

in respect of your ATM INTER SWITCH CARD that Mrs.

Monica Stewart brought to this company to be delivered to

you and before protocol commence we had a disput with the

(NICON)Insuarnce office about your insurance certificate but

all has been settled.

We are happy to inform you that your ATM INTER SWITCH

CARD that contains US$1,600,000,00 dollars' is among the 24

parcel's listed which is now in our office and also with your

name as the receiver despite that we lost your residential

address and we request that you re-send it to this office for

safe delivery of your card Without hesitation we advise

you to pay the delivery fee of US$80.00 via Money Gram

to our cashier 2 below payment information for immediate

despatch of your parcel to your residentail address within 2days.

As the sender did not pay the US$80.00

Send the Delivery Fee US$80.00 through Western Union or MoneyGram via this Payment

Information below

RECEIVERS NAME'''''' GEORGE EDU

RECEIVERS COUNTRY'''-LAGOS /NIGERIA.

TEXT QUESTION''''''''''''WHAT BATCH.

TEXT ANSWER'''''''''''''''.BATCH 1

AMOUNT TO BE PAID'''''''''US$80.00

Send the payment information,the 10 DIGIT MTCN NO OR 8 Digit REFERENCE numbers

immediately

Yours In Service

Mr.Holgan Jones

Dispatch Manager

WANTED ASAP: Personal Aide/Personal Assistant

Hello There

I'm seeking the service of a good responsible person and trustworthy in all aspect that can handle personal and business errands at his/her spare time.Someone who can offer these services:Mail services: Receive mails and drop them off at FedEx,Dhl,Ups(nothing illegal).Shop for Gifts,Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.

Lot more at your convenience and get paid well. Kindly get back to me with resumes as soon as possible if interested.No much Education Just be smart and be honest.

Skills:

· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, are a must and ability to communicate effectively to all levels of operational personnel.

· Problem solving/conflict resolution and negotiation skills.

· Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individually.

Benefits:

·We offer competitive salaries, depending on skills and experience.

· Quality work environment.

· Excellent benefits including Health Insurance

. Paid Vacation

. 7 Holidays a year

. Work from home .

Best Regards

Dr.Fred Williams.

Congratulations! Your email address has won US$ 500,000.00

FROM NATIONAL LOTTERY AGENT

SOUTH AFRICAN 2010 WORLD CUP LOTTERY AWARD.

LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS: 31, BRITON COURT,

KEMPSTON PARK, JHB.

BATCH: (13/26/DC36.) FROM: SA NATIONAL LOTTERY

TICKET NUMBER: 74454774

SERIAL NUMBER: 144-66584

BATCH NUMBER: BT-78474121P

AWARD FINAL NOTIFICATION:

We are pleased to inform you of the release, of the long awaited results of the South African 2010 World cup Bid award INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY PROMOTION held on the 11th of June 2010 at, Soccer City Johannesburg South Africa .You were entered as dependent clients with: Reference SERIAL NUMBER: 144-66584 and Batch number BT-4478474121P. Your email address attached to the ticket number: 74454774 that drew the lucky winning number, which consequently won the sweepstake in the first category, in four parts. You have been approved for a payment of $500.000 Dollars (Five hundred thousand United States Dollars) in cash credited to file reference number:IPL/4249859609/WP1.This is from a total cash prize of five million dollars shared among the ten international winners in first categories.

All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 50,000 (Fifty thousand) names of email users around the world, as part of our international promotion program. Due to mix up of some names and addresses, we ask that you keep this award personal, till your claims have been processed and your funds remitted to you. This is part of our security measures to avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking advantage of the situation by other participants or impersonators; you are therefore directed to contact our agent manager immediately on receipt of this massage for quickened and urgent release of your winning fund.

His contact Information is as follows:

NAME: Mr. Lance Chapman

EMAIL: [email protected]

Phone +27794029029

(Call him now to claim your fund!!

He is your agent, and responsible for the processing and transfer of your winnings to you. YOUR SECURITY FILE NUMBER IS Z-90237-Y67/U4 (keep personal) Remember, your winning must be claimed not later than (1 MONTH) from the date of acknowledgement receipt. Failure to claim your fund will be added to the next 10 Million Dollars lottery promotion. Furthermore, should there be any change in your address, do inform your claims agent as soon as possible.

Once again, Congratulations.

Yours Sincerely,

MR PETER SMITH

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts is our

system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help How

can I restore my account access ?

..Click Here, login and complete the nexte step ro "Remove Limitations."........

Completing all of the informations required will automaticlly restore your account access.

You will be redirected to a secure, pricate PayPal server on a random port due security

issues.

...............................................................................................................................

PayPal, an eBay company

Copyright 1999-2011 PayPal, All Right reserved.

Information about FDCI pass-through insurance

SHEPHERDS BUILDING EAST,

RICHMOND WAY, LONDON

W14 0DQ - UNITED KINGDOM

Winning No: NGS/767/988/2011

Email Ref No: NGS/989/77/2011

Notification Date: 07/03/2011

This notification email is to inform you that you have won the sum of

500,000.00GBP {Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds} in this year

edition which is organized by the National Geographic International,

UNITED KINGDOM.

[HOW YOU WON]

We collect email addresses of people that are active online, among the

Billions that are subscribed to email addresses worldwide, such as, AOL,

Hotmail, Optusnet, Bigpond, Yahoo, Gmail, Google and including private

domain users and also being a Microsoft user, your email qualify you in

entering the draw. Ten email addresses are been selected in every quarter

of the year through an electronic balloting system without the winners

applying or purchasing ticket for this draw.

The National Geographic International Lucky draw is proudly sponsored by

The Royal Family, Microsoft Corporation©, the Intel Group©, Toshiba©, Dell

computers©, Mackintosh© and a conglomeration of other international IT

companies. We are proud to say that over $200,000.000.00 (Two Hundred

Million United States Dollars) are won annually in more than 150 countries

worldwide.

[PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM]

You are to contact your Claims Agent with immediate effect to facilitate

the protocol of your winning prize before the date of Claim, Winners Shall

be paid in accordance with his/her location. Prize must be claimed not

later than 15 days from date of Draw. Notification after the Draw date in

which Prize has won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be

forfeited. To begin your claim please contact our licensed and accredited

agent assigned to you.

[VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT MANAGER]Name: Mr. Benny Chan

Email : [email protected]

Phone : +44 701 113 2501

Do email the above Claims Administrator, with the claims requirements

below. To avoid unnecessary delay, they are needed to proceed.

Full Names: ____________________________________________

Sex: __________________________________________________

Date of Birth: ___________________________________________

Marital Status: __________________________________________

Address: ______________________________________________

City: __________________________________________________

Country Of Residence: ___________________________________

Nationality: ____________________________________________

Telephone Number(s): ___________________________________

Fax: __________________________________________________[MODE OF PAYMENT](i) Bank Transfer.

(ii) Delivery of Cheque of 500,000.00GBP by a registered courier company.Note: National Geographic International Lottery Prize must be claim not

later than 15 days from date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in

which Prize has won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be

forfeited.

Congratulations! Congratulations!! Congratulations!!!

Sincerely,

Maurice Van Sabben,

National Geographic Corporation. All rights reserved 2010-2011.

This one caught my eye cause instead of millions it is just a mere 500k

Attention: Email id owner!

Add to ContactsTo:

Attention: Email id owner.

I am Mr.John Cogo from Ministry Of Finance Burkina Faso (Head office). This is to bring to you notice that after the conference meeting we had, The Government of this country realized that you are among those that involved in scam victim we have in our list to Compensate by the government of this country as instructions from United Nation(UN).

The Governor of this state, Ouagadougou the capital city of Burkina Faso has instructed this office to forward your file to WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER DEPARTMENT to pay you the sum of US$500,000.00 through WESTERN UNION .His Excellence the GOVERNOR has instructed the WESTERN UNION payment department Mr.Anthony to send the sum of $500,000.00 through his custody for easy receiver of your funds. You are to contact them now to ensure that your fund will be transferring to you once you send them the needed information to avoid wrong transaction.

According to the demands of WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER you are to receive your fund at the instalment rate of $5,000.00 daily until the $500,000.00 is completely transferred to you accordingly. You are to contact them now with the bellow information to avoid wrong transaction.

Your Full Name:

Telephone Number:

Your Country:

Listen very carefully, tell Mr.Anthony that you advise to contact him by Mr.John Cogo from Ministry Of Finance here in Ouagadougou Burkina Faso;Bellow is their Contact Information.

Name Mr.Anthony.N.C

Email ([email protected])

Telephone +226 7316 5530

Please, do not forget to update me as soon as you receive your first payment.

Best regards.

Mr.John Cogo.

F.A in Ministry of Finance

Burkina Faso.

Metropolitan Police Service,UK

New Scotland Yard,

Broadway, London,

SW1H 0BG

Dear Sir/Madam,

Compliments of the day,

We hereby inform you that the Scotland Yard Police, Interpol, Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI) United States of America, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of Nigeria and all the African Crime fighter leaders have come together to stop scam/internet fraud in Nigeria and all round Africa. We have recovered over US$2.6 Billion Dollars from the people we have behind bars.

Our duty is to make sure we stop internet scam and money laundering. As for today we have put a lot of fraudsters in jail. We go all over Africa to pick this thieves/internet rats. We have over 8,273 of them in our jails round Africa and we are still looking for more. We are aware that a lot of foreigners out there have been deceived and lost their hard earn money to these fraudsters after promising them percentages in their letters/e-mails for their impending help to move funds out Africa including fake lottery winning notification and at the end of the day, they will collect thousands of dollars from you without a successful end.

Please, watch the video links below as some of these fraud-stars were arrested here in Nigeria:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMgGdaGOJM

It was agreed that to retain the good image of Nigeria and the rest of Africa countries, all the victims who lost his/her hard earn money to these faceless thieves will be compensated with just US$800,000.00 (Eight hundred thousand United Stated Dollars only). This we assume will help you to start a new life. Please, you have to accept the money like that because the people (victims) in our pay list are too much. We are paying back from the money we recovered from these fraudsters.

The Sky Bank Plc (Mr. Don Eze ) is the paying officer.

To that effect, we are sending you this e-mail because your contact details were given to us as one of the victims. Since the Scotland Yard Police, Interpol and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have stepped into this matter, be rest assured that you are safe as it is our duty to protect and serve the citizens of United Kingdom and United States of America in particular and the rest of the world in general.

TO FILE FOR YOUR CLAIM, PLEASE, FILL THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AS STATED BELOW AND SEND IT TO SKY BANK PLC (MR. DON EZE) IMMEDIATELY:

1. YOUR FULL NAME

2. YOUR AGE

3. GENDER:

4. HOUSE OR OFFICE ADDRESS (P.O BOX NOT ACCEPTABLE),

5. OCCUPATION

6. YOUR PHONE NUMBER(S)

7. COUNTRY:

BANK NAME: SKY BANK PLC

CONTACT PERSON: MR. DON EZE (paying officer)

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: +234 803-114-1530

Immediately you send the above required information to SKY BANK PLC, they will proceed with the Processing/Releasing of your payment to you within 2-3 working days based on our agreement.

Your Compensation fund, Proof of Fund Ownership Certificate, Affidavit of Claim from Nigeria Government and Money Laundering Clearance Certificate will be send to you via Courier Company.

We are aware that these fraudsters has broken a lot of home(s), made a lot of people to lose their job, sell their properties, closed their business, put many on the street, and made a lot to even lose their life. We are very sorry.

Since the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have stepped into this transaction, you can be rest assured that this transaction is legitimate and completely risk-free as it is our duty to protect and Serve our citizens of the United States of America and people around the world. However, you'll be expected to contact the Sky Bank Plc via E-mail for instructions on how to procure your Approval Slip which contains details on how you'll receive your compensated payment. We have confirmed that the amount required to procure the Approval Slip will cost you a total of $265 USD only and the fee should be paid directly to the PAYMENT OFFICER via Western Union Money transfer / Money Gram Money transfer.

Once you have sent the required information to SKY BANK PLC they will contact you with instructions on how to make the payment of $265USD only for the procurement of your Approval Slip to enable him expedite action on the processing and release of your payment without any further delay. You have hereby been authorized /guaranteed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to commence towards completing this transaction, as there shall be NO delay once payment for the Approval Slip has been made to the authorized agent.

Once you have completed payment of $265USD to the paying officer in charge of this transaction, you are advised to keep us posted to enable us follow up with the release of your payment.

IMPORTANT: UNDER PENALTY OF LAW, THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMITTED TO SKY BANK PLC CURRECTLY IDENTIFY YOU AS THE RECIPIENT OF THIS PAYMENT; NO OTHER LIVING PERSON OR ENTITY IS ENTITLED TO ANY PART OF THIS PAYMENT; IT IS A VIOLATION OF LAW FOR ANY PERSON TO INTENTIONALLY OR KNOWINGLY FILLING FOR DOUBLE CLAIMING OR AID ANOTHER PERSON IN CLAIMING THE SAME FUND, BY MEANS OF FRAUD OR DECEIT. BE WARNED.

Best Regards,

Mr. Paul Victor Craven

Chief of Police

Here is an old one that apparently has good success right here at home according our local Halifax Police Authority.

I placed an on on Kijiji last year selling some living room furniture that I wanted to move. I got an email right away from a guy right away who wanted to buy the furniture and to call him at the number he emailed. I did and he said he wanted to buy the furniture for his wife who was moving to Halifax to take an assigment for a year. He said he would send me the money right away and have the furniture picked up within a few days.

He apologized for the rush on this and did a good job at sounding confused stating he was working in Ontario and arranging this on the side for his wife who was away on assignment in the State. Anyways, an authentic looking CIBC bank draft arrives by Priority Post for approximately $1,500 more than the agreed upon price for the furniture and a note saying to call him as soon as I get the bank draft.

I call him to say it has arrived and that the draft is for too much money. He apologizes profusely over and over explaning that he got my purchase confused with a similar purchase he was making for his wife's (coming to Halifax on "assignment) applicances and requests that I cash it and a "friend" will come by and pick up the difference.

I said "no problem, but your friend can't come around until the cheque clears the bank, likely in a week or so". "But the money has already left my account" he says. I said back to him something to the effect its been fun playing with you. His response is not printable here but suffice it to say he was not a happy camper...

Just happened to me. Got an email from Purolator DHL saying they came to deliver my package but I wasn't home, they will be back to deliver.

The attachement was the invoice. Dumb me, I opened it. Nothing happened except spyware. (my anti virus/anti anti spyware didn't pick it up btw) Since I actually was expecting a parcel to arrive, the email didn't seem out of the ordinary.

What a mess, finally ended up reloading the operating system disk (fortunately I don't have alot of files, and the back ups of those are on my work computer)

So anyone who gets an email from Purolator DHL, DELETE IT, if not it'll cause you grief

RG

Guest S******s*m

I received the same email from Purolator - looks and feels official until you try to get to the site to look at the tracking # - which it can't find - then when you try the other link, it asks to run a software - which I did not run - pretty nifty. Glad I did not load it!

Just happened to me. Got an email from Purolator DHL saying they came to deliver my package but I wasn't home, they will be back to deliver.

The attachement was the invoice. Dumb me, I opened it. Nothing happened except spyware. (my anti virus/anti anti spyware didn't pick it up btw) Since I actually was expecting a parcel to arrive, the email didn't seem out of the ordinary.

What a mess, finally ended up reloading the operating system disk (fortunately I don't have alot of files, and the back ups of those are on my work computer)

So anyone who gets an email from Purolator DHL, DELETE IT, if not it'll cause you grief

RG

Attn: Please and a good day to you.

I have an important information for the owner of this email but first of all, I want to ensure if this email is still valid, I want you to confirm if this email is correct and is being checked by only you so that I will proceed and let you know what information we have for you.

I am taking this measure in order not to make any mistake because of the sensitivity of the information i have for you.

Awaiting your responds.

Corey Gem